• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jackpotjester

jackpotjester

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 08:38 PM

I've had a myriad of characters during my time in RO, but I've had my alchie the longest. However, I got bored with him after a while, and he eventually just became a vend slave for the rest of my new chars. Wanting to get back to my original task of making it to Genetic, I'm thinking about bringing him back around for another go at leveling. However, it's been like two renewals since I've done any leveling with him [that's right, I was going for Genetic before he was even implemented XD]. So needless to say, a ton of crazy crap has changed...

My alch is B70 / J31. Stats:
str 50
agi 20
vit 30
int 30
dex 50
luk 30
I'm currently using two unslotted rosaries, a Buckler, and a Fireblend for use with my sub-par Vanilmirth. I also use lv2 Eden equipment, including Eden Sabre for when Fireblend isn't a good option.

My skills include Prepare and Research both @ 10, aid potion lv 5, and Acid Terror lv 2 [which I was in the middle of leveling up lol].

WHERE IS AN ALCHEMIST TO LEVEL POST-RENEWAL?

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 16 June 2011 - 08:14 AM

Your build is really messy. Too much luk, too much int. Focus on either agi and str or vit and str. Don't get any more luk or int. If you were going for potter, don't. Potting rates on a non-trans (or even a trans) battle brewer are so abysmal that you can't cover costs (it'd be cheaper to sell ingredients and buy finished products).

The eden saber is better than the fireblend (which should be treated as a bargain basement fire weapon). The eden saber is not bad as a 1hand sword, really. Note that you can also use daggers (grimtooth is a nice budget choice if you go agi - flee boost, higher atk than the eden saber, and higher aspd, as it's a dagger, though the downside is that it has less favorable damage modifiers, particularly against large monsters), or maces (good if using AR scrolls). It looks like in general, you're lacking gear/zeny, is this correct? You'll have a bit of a rough time, since alchemist/biochem generally don't turn a profit leveling.

Your choices are:
Go agi, and control click - you'll need a lot more agi for this.
Go vit, and mob and revo
Go either, and mammo everything (this of course is fastest, but i suspect you're not in a position to fund this)

What level is your vani? Surprisingly, with like, a level 60-ish homun, in OD1, I was getting decent exp on my lvl 7x baby alchy, and it was leveling the vani real well too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users