31 replies to this topic

#1 Zeppelin

Zeppelin

Esteemed Member

• Members
  • 1341 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 17 June 2011 - 04:36 PM

We're pleased to announce that starting right now, both ROSE servers will be running at 2X Drop for the entire weekend! This event is scheduled to end at 1 PM PDT on Monday, June 20th, 2011.

Want to take full advantage of this event, here are a few key items available in the in-game Item Mall that will certainly help!
Medal of Fortune - Add 1 MORE drop!
Medal of Retrieval - Fight Gray monsters and still collect 2 drops!
Trainee Medal - 2X EXP for 1 Hour. Get to higher levels quicker and enjoy better drops!
Soul Crystal - Don't waste precious time running back to your spot after a death, use a Soul Crystal and revive yourself instantly where you died!
ROSE Teleportation Tickets - Get to anywhere in ROSE, instantly with these consumable teleporation tickets!
Captain Zack Outfit - The Grand Daddy of all bonuses. 50% EXP Bonus when worn! Use this with the Trainee Medal and Medal of Fortune for an unbelievable 2.5x EXP and 3 Drops!

#2 bluehell

bluehell

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1603 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 17 June 2011 - 05:00 PM

I know you guys are just slowly crawling towards bankruptcy but the reason your not selling stuff is not because you arent giving out enough item mall promotions or item mall items, its because your putting out way to many. People are quitting to buy points because they are not going to buy points with real money for a game that is on the way to going broke. You need to upgrade the actual game more, thats what brings in more people. I mean look at like 4 years ago. You guys were thriving, now your doing horrible. You want to know what the difference between now and 4 years ago? You focused more on the actual game, rather than JUST on the item mall. Everything changed when you guys put those dreaded plutos in the game, and everything was screwed the heck up after that point. Start doing some game developing, show the players who are joining, and have recently quit that the game is going to get better and get back to the way it was 4 years ago. When they game was about having fun, meeting nice people, reaching goals, and helping others. If you guys would take just a half a second to look at things, the reason you arent thriving is because you arent upgrading the game. Players dont want to join a game that is going nowhere. Who wants to join a game where you cant be successful unless you buy item mall points with real money. Well not everyone can buy points... especially coming from me a kid who just turned 13. Give players a reason to keep playing. Look at this... start developing the game more, more people that can buy item mall points buy them because they feel more comfortable buying them because they know the game isnt going to keel over in a couple days and they lose their money. And the people who cant buy points will buy from people who can because its worth it when more people are selling points. You guys focused the game too much around item mall, and somehow you scared off 90% of the item mall sellers. Points are like 30mil/100 points. Now think about this.... Are people more willing to buy from an item mall seller at 10mil/100 points or 30mil/100 points. The cheaper the points get ingame, the more you will sell. The Item mall sellers left are utilizing the moment to raise the prices high as heck. Now I dont know exactly how you guys are going to get yourselves outta this one, but stop focusing around item mall, focus about the actual game, and i swear to god, your sales will go higher.

Now, I think promotions and stuff like this is great, but sometimes I think you guys are just digging your own grave, and somehow you cant figure it out.

Edited by bluehell, 17 June 2011 - 05:01 PM.

#3 CaNehDa

CaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3009 posts
  • LocationInside of every dimension like a virus.
  • Server:SpaceFabric

Posted 17 June 2011 - 05:03 PM

what makes you think they are slowly crawling towards bankrupcy? :X

I think they doing just fine...

Anyway - yay for double drop weekend!

TBH; I think they need more IM..

Protorunes;

Protects your refine from degrading a level (doesn't prevent item from breaking however)

would be like a venurune in price :blink:

Edited by CaNehDa, 17 June 2011 - 05:05 PM.

#4 ChickenBucket

ChickenBucket

Bourgeois Representative

• Members
  • 1175 posts
  • LocationPuerto Rico
  • Server:Poo'onis

Posted 17 June 2011 - 05:05 PM

big whoop.

#5 Zeppelin

Zeppelin

Esteemed Member

• Members
  • 1341 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 05:07 PM

We're not anywhere near going bankrupt, in fact ROSE is stronger now than it has been in the past 3 years or so! Enough with the conspiracy theories and enjoy the event! :blink:

I feel like a broken record, but I'll keep repeating myself if need be, these events and Item Mall related content, really have no barring on the Development Team and their work. For all intents and purposes it's two separate groups who are working on the these tasks. No Development is being stopped by us running this 2X Drop event as a thank you to our users and encourage them to enjoy their weekend playing ROSE!

#6 CaNehDa

CaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3009 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 05:08 PM

big whoop.

Double drop weekends are like the bestest thing ever; ._.

WAHOO for double drop weekend!

I'll be farming all weekend long now! :blink:

#7 bluehell

bluehell

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1603 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 June 2011 - 05:09 PM

We're not anywhere near going bankrupt, in fact ROSE is stronger now than it has been in the past 3 years or so! Enough with the conspiracy theories and enjoy the event! :blink:

Cant really enjoy it, I quit my champ a month or so ago, I buy and sell stuff. I know it may only be a conspiracy theory but, every factor points toward it.

#8 ChampPower

ChampPower

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 June 2011 - 05:11 PM

I know you guys are just slowly crawling towards bankruptcy but the reason your not selling stuff is not because you arent giving out enough item mall promotions or item mall items, its because your putting out way to many. People are quitting to buy points because they are not going to buy points with real money for a game that is on the way to going broke. You need to upgrade the actual game more, thats what brings in more people. I mean look at like 4 years ago. You guys were thriving, now your doing horrible. You want to know what the difference between now and 4 years ago? You focused more on the actual game, rather than JUST on the item mall. Everything changed when you guys put those dreaded plutos in the game, and everything was screwed the heck up after that point. Start doing some game developing, show the players who are joining, and have recently quit that the game is going to get better and get back to the way it was 4 years ago. When they game was about having fun, meeting nice people, reaching goals, and helping others. If you guys would take just a half a second to look at things, the reason you arent thriving is because you arent upgrading the game. Players dont want to join a game that is going nowhere. Who wants to join a game where you cant be successful unless you buy item mall points with real money. Well not everyone can buy points... especially coming from me a kid who just turned 13. Give players a reason to keep playing. Look at this... start developing the game more, more people that can buy item mall points buy them because they feel more comfortable buying them because they know the game isnt going to keel over in a couple days and they lose their money. And the people who cant buy points will buy from people who can because its worth it when more people are selling points. You guys focused the game too much around item mall, and somehow you scared off 90% of the item mall sellers. Points are like 30mil/100 points. Now think about this.... Are people more willing to buy from an item mall seller at 10mil/100 points or 30mil/100 points. The cheaper the points get in game, the more you will sell. The Item mall sellers left are utilizing the moment to raise the prices high as heck. Now I dont know exactly how you guys are going to get yourselves outta this one, but stop focusing around item mall, focus about the actual game, and i swear to god, your sales will go higher.

Now, I think promotions and stuff like this is great, but sometimes I think you guys are just digging your own grave, and somehow you cant figure it out.

As much I don't like blue hell, I got to admit that he got some points. I have an IM shop in game, but I don't like where the trend going neither. For the last 2-3 weeks, I can't restock anything that I sold. Currently, I am selling my own stock to people, but my own stock is at a dangerously level as well. As the result, I have to raise the price on both buy and sell price to limit the number of sell and promote some buy in, but nobody got anything. Honestly speaking, if this trend keep up for a week or two more, all the IM shop near the storage will be empty because we can't sell anything if we can't buy in anything. Seriously, I don't like where this is going.

Edited by ChampPower, 17 June 2011 - 05:14 PM.

#9 borgahutt

borgahutt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1317 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 05:47 PM

I know you guys are just slowly crawling towards bankruptcy but the reason your not selling stuff is not because you arent giving out enough item mall promotions or item mall items, its because your putting out way to many. People are quitting to buy points because they are not going to buy points with real money for a game that is on the way to going broke. You need to upgrade the actual game more, thats what brings in more people. I mean look at like 4 years ago. You guys were thriving, now your doing horrible. You want to know what the difference between now and 4 years ago? You focused more on the actual game, rather than JUST on the item mall. Everything changed when you guys put those dreaded plutos in the game, and everything was screwed the heck up after that point. Start doing some game developing, show the players who are joining, and have recently quit that the game is going to get better and get back to the way it was 4 years ago. When they game was about having fun, meeting nice people, reaching goals, and helping others. If you guys would take just a half a second to look at things, the reason you arent thriving is because you arent upgrading the game. Players dont want to join a game that is going nowhere. Who wants to join a game where you cant be successful unless you buy item mall points with real money. Well not everyone can buy points... especially coming from me a kid who just turned 13. Give players a reason to keep playing. Look at this... start developing the game more, more people that can buy item mall points buy them because they feel more comfortable buying them because they know the game isnt going to keel over in a couple days and they lose their money. And the people who cant buy points will buy from people who can because its worth it when more people are selling points. You guys focused the game too much around item mall, and somehow you scared off 90% of the item mall sellers. Points are like 30mil/100 points. Now think about this.... Are people more willing to buy from an item mall seller at 10mil/100 points or 30mil/100 points. The cheaper the points get ingame, the more you will sell. The Item mall sellers left are utilizing the moment to raise the prices high as heck. Now I dont know exactly how you guys are going to get yourselves outta this one, but stop focusing around item mall, focus about the actual game, and i swear to god, your sales will go higher.

nothing to do with the subject but you mentioned you just turned 13. im sorry but by things ive heard that you have a bit of money in game. not tons. but do ok. and by the way you just spoke then and how you wrote you so aren't 13 lol. are 13 year olds even aloud to play? lol. i mean im 15. but 13 year olds to me sound like they should be on bebo or something . not playing a game like this. but if you are fair enough. grats to you haha

#10 ChampPower

ChampPower

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 05:50 PM

nothing to do with the subject but you mentioned you just turned 13. im sorry but by things ive heard that you have a bit of money in game. not tons. but do ok. and by the way you just spoke then and how you wrote you so aren't 13 lol. are 13 year olds even aloud to play? lol. i mean im 15. but 13 year olds to me sound like they should be on bebo or something . not playing a game like this. but if you are fair enough. grats to you haha

Your writing is hard to understand.

#11 LordAlbion

LordAlbion

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 05:57 PM

Calling it double drop is misleading. You dont get twice the amount...just twice the CHANCE of something dropping. LAME

#12 CaNehDa

CaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3009 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 05:59 PM

Calling it double drop is misleading. You dont get twice the amount...just twice the CHANCE of something dropping. LAME

Uuuuh...

Unless they seriously screwed up this double drop event; Every other double drop event in the past gives you 2 drops per mob rather then one drop.

#13 Zeppelin

Zeppelin

Esteemed Member

• Members
  • 1341 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 06:01 PM

That's incorrect. You get double the drops. Killing a monster normally results in one item dropped, during this event killing a monster results in two items dropped.

#14 LordAlbion

LordAlbion

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 06:03 PM

That's incorrect. You get double the drops. Killing a monster normally results in one item dropped, during this event killing a monster results in two items dropped.

Brainfart.

Sorry for my confused/incorrect comment.

Ty for event then :blink:

#15 Xenania

Xenania

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 08:31 PM

Thank you so much for double drop event, CM Zeppelin. ^^

#16 DestinyDeoxys

DestinyDeoxys

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1588 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 11:48 PM

Did you guys see a huge contrast between the 1st reply and 2nd reply?

1st person reply saying the game is going to die and bankrupt soon (just because he's kinda broke (sorry lol) and young not willing to spend money)

2nd person reply saying the game is doing fine and stuff (just because he's so rich and have too much money to spend)

I hope people can learn more from this comparison lol, opinions are always biased based on the person position XD
So in my opinion, the game is neither going to die nor going to strive, as long as we have Item mall patches, this game will never die, but the ones who use item mall is going to rule this game so much.

By the way, I also observed another contrast during a Union war, it was so obvious.
Champs (rich Item mall users with 15's, IM boosters) slaughtering others (poor non Item mall users with 10's, crafted buff potions)

It's like a ROSE online player AOE in sikuku underground prison, the player has so much fun swinging their weapons but the mobs get killed over and over. :blink:

#17 bluehell

bluehell

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1603 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 June 2011 - 03:30 AM

Did you guys see a huge contrast between the 1st reply and 2nd reply?

1st person reply saying the game is going to die and bankrupt soon (just because he's kinda broke (sorry lol) and young not willing to spend money)

2nd person reply saying the game is doing fine and stuff (just because he's so rich and have too much money to spend)

I hope people can learn more from this comparison lol, opinions are always biased based on the person position XD
So in my opinion, the game is neither going to die nor going to strive, as long as we have Item mall patches, this game will never die, but the ones who use item mall is going to rule this game so much.

By the way, I also observed another contrast during a Union war, it was so obvious.
Champs (rich Item mall users with 15's, IM boosters) slaughtering others (poor non Item mall users with 10's, crafted buff potions)

It's like a ROSE online player AOE in sikuku underground prison, the player has so much fun swinging their weapons but the mobs get killed over and over. :blink:

I certainly am not poor, I have more money to spend than I know what to do with it

#18 Niluje

Niluje

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 746 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 18 June 2011 - 03:56 AM

We're not anywhere near going bankrupt, in fact ROSE is stronger now than it has been in the past 3 years or so! Enough with the conspiracy theories and enjoy the event! :D

In terms of revenues OK, but in terms of player numbers? :blink:

By the way, all the links for the IM items are incorrect in your first post :thumb: (except for the soul crystal)

Edited by Niluje, 18 June 2011 - 03:57 AM.

#19 DestinyDeoxys

DestinyDeoxys

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1588 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 08:41 AM

2 years ago in xita refuge :blink:

Posted Image

Today in xita refuge :thumb:

Posted Image

A picture worth a thousand words!

#20 Zeppelin

Zeppelin

Esteemed Member

• Members
  • 1341 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 08:43 AM

In terms of revenues OK, but in terms of player numbers? :blink:

By the way, all the links for the IM items are incorrect in your first post :thumb: (except for the soul crystal)

Are player numbers are also up. I have corrected the links in the first post, thank you for that!

#21 AllTheWay

AllTheWay

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 08:49 AM

Today in xita refuge :D

http://i52.tinypic.com/166f7t0.jpg

Wtf?! How did you manage to find more than 1 person in xita for the 2nd ss! :D :D

I tried to find myself in the first ss, I think I see myself in the corner :thumb:

Are player numbers are also up. I have corrected the links in the first post, thank you for that!

Hmm, and all these players just the same person running multiple clients to leech..? :blink:
Would like to see how high player numbers are compared to years ago if we go back to when you can only run one game client at a time.

#22 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York

Posted 18 June 2011 - 09:27 AM

Wow, I forgot what a hangout Xita used to be.

#23 Kaizy

Kaizy

Original Potatoe

• Members
  • 1110 posts
  • LocationPLAYING LEAGUE OF LEGENDDDDDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSS
  • Server:cal'smom

Posted 18 June 2011 - 12:08 PM

oh fun

5 years ago in eucar

Posted Image

today in eucar

nothing.

Edited by Kaizy, 18 June 2011 - 01:22 PM.

#24 Lybis

Lybis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • LocationFloating Around Somewhere!

Posted 18 June 2011 - 12:23 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

OMG I remember the days when it use to be busy there, Alot of us have tried to rebuild that but we just gave in because of the amount of people that actually checks vends there is virtually non-existant. One of the reasons it got dead there was been able to do dual clients. Since it was eaiser to trade to your lower characters you simply only needed a level 1 vending character and since they can only vend on junon thats why the population there got bigger and decreased to nothing on Xita.

I have no idea how they can make that happen again....

• If they take away been able to dual client people will rage....
  • If they put level restrictions on some items for example you can not vend Gem7's until level 180, or the equipment, you wouldn't be able to put that in a vend until your 20 levels below the required level to wear it. I guess that would stop the Level 1 vending characters and maybe promote your high level characters to vend and maybe on different planets but again people would rage.

There needs to be something done, going to other planets to check vends promotes you to actually go to other places instead of hanging around Junon all day waiting for union wars.

Also would promote food selling and bourgeois to use there discount to sell cheaper food on each of the planets. That skill atm is just a waste IMO.

Edited by Lybis, 18 June 2011 - 12:26 PM.

#25 CaNehDa

CaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3009 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 12:34 PM

I have no idea how they can make that happen again....

There needs to be something done, going to other planets to check vends promotes you to actually go to other places instead of hanging around Junon all day waiting for union wars.

When they change the UW and make it so there are diff levels for diff UW's...

MAYBE...

JUST MAYBE...

They will make a UW for Junon,

UW for Luna, Xita, and Orlo..

I believe this would make it more feesable for shops to be in different planets...

But uh... whats with this huge desire for these places to not be desolate?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users