Questions about RO - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Questions about RO

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Paladin119

Paladin119

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 21 June 2011 - 09:05 AM

Hello, I'm mostly a new player, interested in starting RO again. I've had some limited experience with the game in the past, however, I've never played renewal yet.

I have a few questions about how things work in RO now, just so I know what to expect...

I would really appreciate any help or advice that can be offered about what to expect in RO now, thank you!

Here are my questions:

1. Is it really "necessary" to change to third classes now? Are trans classes obsolete? Will I experience less of the game and be less useful in general if I choose to remain a trans class indefinitely?

2. Is it true that trans classes cannot reach the max level or the max stats in the game now? If so, does anyone know if this will change in a future patch or is it pretty much a certainty that trans classes will never be allowed to reach max level?

3. What's the death penalty like in the game now? If my character is at a high level and some mvp gets summoned on me and kills me, will I lose a day's worth of experience grinding and such?

4. Speaking of that, are people still able to use dead branches in game anywhere to kill other players?

5. Is there a place for players in current RO who are not interested in pvp? Is there active, decent guilds around that focus on PvE content and such and not just pvp?

6. Are any of these answers different for the Ymir server? Since that's the server I would probably be playing on, if I start again.

7. Is RO worth paying 7 dollars a month to play right now? In your opinion, is it "new player friendly"? Are most level ranges reasonably active with plenty of groups forming or is it mostly a lifeless wasteland below max level?

8. Does anyone know of any good guilds on Ymir that would be looking for/willing to recruit a couple of new, mature, players and help them learn what they need to know to excel in renewal RO?

That's all the questions I have for now, if you've read this far, thank you for your time.

#2 FoxyWoxy

FoxyWoxy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 05:26 AM

1&2 -99 trans or not can go 3rd class, going trans lets you have extra benefits.
3 - 1% though gaining a % is faster than before
4 - Well not anywhere but most places. On Ymir I don't notice any, possibly because they aren't as fun anymore.
5 - I see people in WoE guilds that don't WoE and people in non woe guilds that woe so your take on it.
6 - valk may have a higher death penalty I need someone to confirm this
7 - On ymir you only need to pay once, rest of the question is somewhat debatable. I could prob write a page on the good and the bad.
8 - Depends on what you mean by excel

Edited by FoxyWoxy, 22 June 2011 - 05:27 AM.

#3 Paladin119

Paladin119

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 22 June 2011 - 05:28 PM

1&2 -99 trans or not can go 3rd class, going trans lets you have extra benefits.
3 - 1% though gaining a % is faster than before
4 - Well not anywhere but most places. On Ymir I don't notice any, possibly because they aren't as fun anymore.
5 - I see people in WoE guilds that don't WoE and people in non woe guilds that woe so your take on it.
6 - valk may have a higher death penalty I need someone to confirm this
7 - On ymir you only need to pay once, rest of the question is somewhat debatable. I could prob write a page on the good and the bad.
8 - Depends on what you mean by excel

Thank you for the reply and answering some of my questions.

Does anyone else want to try answering my questions?

I would really appreciate feedback from multiple sources. Especially if you believe the answers someone else posted here are wrong.

Specifically, Questions 1, 2, 7 and 8 could definitely use more in depth answers. If anyone's willing to write them out.

Basically, I do not like any of the third classes much and I'm wondering if it's practical to remain a 99 trans class permanently or at least, for a long time. Or would I eventually "have" to change to third class for some reason?

If you've read this far and believe you know the answers to at least some of these questions, your help would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

#4 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 22 June 2011 - 06:34 PM

1. Is it really "necessary" to change to third classes now? Are trans classes obsolete? Will I experience less of the game and be less useful in general if I choose to remain a trans class indefinitely?

2. Is it true that trans classes cannot reach the max level or the max stats in the game now? If so, does anyone know if this will change in a future patch or is it pretty much a certainty that trans classes will never be allowed to reach max level?

As a "trans" class or "rebirthed" class (same thing) your max lvl will be 99/70 (like how non trans is limited to 99/50). Ounce you hit 99/70 there is NO reason NOT to go third job. when you say is it Nescesary I would have to say yes. This is because so many places would be out of reach for you as monsters can go as high as 150 (or event higher) now. So if your only level 99 you will be restricted unless you like to die constantly. Also the MAX, non 3rd class, stat is 99 Base. going 3rd class raises this to 120 base stat max.

3. What's the death penalty like in the game now? If my character is at a high level and some mvp gets summoned on me and kills me, will I lose a day's worth of experience grinding and such?

The NON-VIP death penalty on all servers is 3%, with VIP only 1%.

4. Speaking of that, are people still able to use dead branches in game anywhere to kill other players?

This is limited by map. I tried in Ant hell only to learn that map can't be DB'd. Damn afk chemists on Valk annoy me. Check the http://db.irowiki.org/db/ to find out which maps can or cannot.

5. Is there a place for players in current RO who are not interested in pvp? Is there active, decent guilds around that focus on PvE content and such and not just pvp?

I know there are guilds that just do leveling and stuff. The thing is most of these eventually move onto Pvp eventually.

6. Are any of these answers different for the Ymir server? Since that's the server I would probably be playing on, if I start again.

7. Is RO worth paying 7 dollars a month to play right now? In your opinion, is it "new player friendly"? Are most level ranges reasonably active with plenty of groups forming or is it mostly a lifeless wasteland below max level?

The only real difference anymore is whether your VIP or not. YMir needs you to start out VIP to create characters but then it can lapse and you do not have to keep paying.

I DO believe it is worth the $7 a month though. I mean it's less than the price of a movie ticket. Also it makes it easier to do things like get married or rebirth.

Check the links below for some VIP/Non-VIP differences and server differences.

http://irowiki.org/w...vers_Comparison
http://www.playragna...vippackage.aspx

8. Does anyone know of any good guilds on Ymir that would be looking for/willing to recruit a couple of new, mature, players and help them learn what they need to know to excel in renewal RO?

Sorry would have to find these perhaps in the party/guild recruit section.

Edited by EvilLoynis, 22 June 2011 - 06:36 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users