• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 jordie80

jordie80

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 06:11 AM

any chance they're going to make the lucky spin costume parts tradable?

the way i see it now the lucky spin is the best way that anyone can come up with to milk the players' money. if they sell costume boxes, people are gonna just buy it and get it over with. but with this lucky spin, they need way more money to get a set of costume. and its luck based too woohoo.. theres chance that people got duplicate parts n theyre untradable so nothing to do but disassemble em for less coins(usually). so even more money to the dev team..

so does anyone sees this too? that theres a only one clear winner here? not too mention that gambling ur points like this is very immoral thing to do in games like this where some of the payers are underaged n rely on their pocket money for IM points (their parents' money). its like u guys are encouraging 'em to start gambling at an early age.

why not make the costume parts tradable n let the games economy does its job. everyone especially the IM user will be happier this way since they can avoid to disassemble the parts which usually means they lose poins a bit at a time.

thankee..

#2 ChickenBucket

ChickenBucket

Bourgeois Representative

• Members
  • 1175 posts
  • LocationPuerto Rico
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Poo'onis

Posted 24 June 2011 - 06:23 AM

dont make it tradedable probly you are gonna be one of the bunch that just gonna buy it and sell it for zulie #shameonyou

#3 PoopsMcgee

PoopsMcgee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1372 posts
  • LocationSitting On Top Of The World
  • Server:The one that always DC's

Posted 24 June 2011 - 06:27 AM

I think lucky spin items should be able to be traded once the lucky spin event for those items end.

Edited by PoopsMcgee, 24 June 2011 - 06:27 AM.

#4 jordie80

jordie80

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 06:35 AM

err.. why does it shame on me for buying em and sell em for zulie? i dun see any problem with that lol.. i bet a lot of people here did that too at one time or another. im disappointed in u CB. ur insults/sarcasm is usually way cooler than this :)

i do agree with poops. they shud be, wats the point of giving all player 1 free spin for 1 parts which they cant trade or sell? id be more annoyed than thankful especially if i got like glove or shoes parts which is way uncool to wear. it might interfere with their interest (financial) early on, but later it might be not a bad idea to make it tradeable imho.

#5 CaNehDa

CaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3009 posts
  • LocationInside of every dimension like a virus.
  • Server:SpaceFabric

Posted 24 June 2011 - 08:06 AM

If they made lucky spin items tradeable; they would have to get rid of the free lucky spin bcuz players would abuse that...

#6 littlekami

littlekami

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 755 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 24 June 2011 - 08:14 AM

I think lucky spin items should be able to be traded once the lucky spin event for those items end.

uhm...are there any timelines posted??

#7 CaNehDa

CaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3009 posts
  • LocationInside of every dimension like a virus.
  • Server:SpaceFabric

Posted 24 June 2011 - 08:21 AM

uhm...are there any timelines posted??

I don't believe there is; but my best guess is after a month or 2 of these costume sets; they'll swap them out for new looks to continue to milk the lucky spin for all that its worth... at this time, the old costumes will become tradeable...

but thats just my best guess... :)

#8 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 25 June 2011 - 06:39 AM

You guys know that some of this is in the pinned lucky spin thread right, like why it's not tradable (also in the server restart thread) because it diminishes the value of the costumes when everyone can get them they are to be "unique" and rare to get (for everyone) the coins where tradable till people abused it by making new accounts for free spins then disassembling them and trading the coins for more spins. So blame your fellow players that abused that and got the coins untradable.

#9 jordie80

jordie80

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 08:46 AM

wat were ur thoughts on the way they market the costume then zurn? u know, by gambling it instead of just selling em normally. its really a good way to make people spend more money then they generally need to so that they can get the full set.

besides, i dun see any reward or any added value by making it lucky spin style. i dun think spinning for the parts is fun in any way too. its frustrating at best, and u lose more money the more u spin, with getting duplicate parts n what not. u also cant move the costume to different account so u ended up with one account with 10 new very cool sets. hmm...

#10 bluehell

bluehell

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1603 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 25 June 2011 - 09:01 AM

I proposed this in one of the threads a while ago. Keep them untradeable/giftable while they are in the lucky spin, but a week or 2 after they are out make them tradeable, this would make it so they dont loose their value. If you look closely at the server restart thread and read calanors words correctly it sounds much like they will do this.

#11 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 09:49 AM

wat were ur thoughts on the way they market the costume then zurn? u know, by gambling it instead of just selling em normally. its really a good way to make people spend more money then they generally need to so that they can get the full set.

besides, i dun see any reward or any added value by making it lucky spin style. i dun think spinning for the parts is fun in any way too. its frustrating at best, and u lose more money the more u spin, with getting duplicate parts n what not. u also cant move the costume to different account so u ended up with one account with 10 new very cool sets. hmm...

I'll reply in a bit when I get back to my laptop and review what all was and changed (within 5 days). But honestly I don't care much for the lucky spin, gambling isn't my thing and I'd rather have 5 coins returned when disassembling (I know gambling is more or less a lose lose unless you get lucky) but I don't plan on spending on it.

#12 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 10:28 AM

okay the way i see it is they want each person to have their own set (no "dipping the hands in the bucket" so to speak) so that each person has to spend money on the points to get the spins (only this way because of people abusing the coin trading and making new accounts to just get coins for more re-spins since disassembling only gives a determined amount back) so now that that's done people have to actually complete the sets themselves, cant say i enjoy the idea and i know they would have had better revenue with trading at least the coins.
the "real" reason its not trade able

The items in the Lucky Spin are not intended to be tradeable, vendable or giftable.

The drive and reward of using the Lucky Spin is to obtain a complete costume set which has a unique look and great costume set bonuses, which would be greatly cheapened if these items were made widely available in the game economy. Unwanted items obtained from the Lucky Spin may be broken down into coins which can be inserted back into the Lucky Spin for additional spins, and these items are tradeable to allow everyone the opportunity to try out the Lucky Spin.

* A change to the Lucky Spin Coin's is being put into place to make them account bound for the duration of this week.

• The Free Lucky Spin was given so that every one can get one of the new pieces and try the Lucky Spin, which is great and working like we wanted it to.
  • The Lucky Spin Coin's were allowed to be traded so players can give the chance to a friend to spin and get something cool as well.
  • Problem with both things is that we have had a number of players abuse this by creating accounts, getting the 1 free spin, then breaking down the coins and doing a variety of things with the coins from selling them to trying to get a full costume set on their primary character.
  • We don't want to stop you from enjoying the sets and the bonuses, but we have to stop the abuse. The systems and promotions are conflicting with each other and to prevent the abuse we are setting the coins to be account bound.
  • We are obviously watching what is going on and we don't want to stop you from playing the game, but we want to stop the abuse that affects our ability to do new and exciting things for the game. Those that had abused this free gift will see their accounts locked and though we are not going to lock the main playing accounts we may be talking to those who have abused it and explain in more detail what is happening. Hopefully you understand that we have our eye on the game and what you are doing while playing..or in this case not playing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users