Guide for Entrance to El Dicastes - 13.3 El Dicastes Testing - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Guide for Entrance to El Dicastes

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 TwilightsCall

TwilightsCall

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 514 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 24 June 2011 - 01:40 PM

So I decided to put together a rough guide of how to get to El Dicastes to help people test there, since it took me a good while to figure it out myself.

First thing you will have to do is talk to the Valkyrie in Prontera, and ask her to warp you to the new world. She will give you the Ring of the Ancient Wise King, which you will need equipped for the majority of the quest.

I'm not sure if these steps are necessary, or if they are just implemented for Sakray testing, but I did this before talking to the Valkyrie so if you get stuck at the beginning, try these steps out as well:

Step 0. Getting to the New World

-Go to the Eden Group and speak to the Cat Hand Agent. Agree to work for him, pay him 50k zeny, and he will warp you to Morroc Field.

Posted Image

-Go directly right from where he warps you, and speak to the Cat. Jump on his back and he will take you to the Dimensional Rift.

Posted Image

-Go Directly north from where you appear, and speak to the Cat Hand Agent here. He will warp you to the New World.

Posted Image

Step 1: Invitation to El Dicastes

-Go outside the Command Center in the New World Base Camp, where you will see two NPCs talking. Speak to one of them (I talked to the guy on the left), and ask them what they are talking about. They will refer you to an NPC inside.

Posted Image

-Go inside and speak to the Blonde Haired NPC near the table. Accept his request to meet with the visitor.

Posted Image

-Go up the stairs to the right of you, where you will find 3 or so portals along the wall. Enter the portal with the guard standing in front of it. While in here (with Ring of the Ancient Wise King equipped!), speak to Hound, then the Sapha visitor, then Hound again.

Posted Image
-After you have been invited to El Dicastes, leave that room and enter the room directly above it. Speak to the NPC in here to pick of the beginnings of another quest, which I suspect may be the Scaraba Dungeon Access quest, though I havn't finished it yet so I'm not 100% sure.

Posted Image

Step 2: Passage through the Mines

-Head to the city of Manuk (from the midgard base camp, go east twice, south once). Once there, enter the large structure just south of the mines.

Posted Image

-Once inside, head to the back of the building and go up the stairs to the left (not through any portals). Continue following this path until you find Avalanche. Speak to him to get permission to enter the Mines.

Posted Image

-Leave this building, and go a little ways north of the building you were just in (marked by a red dot on the mini map). Speak to the Entrance Guard and he will teleport you into the mines.

Posted Image

-Travel through the mines to the City of El Dicastes. The exit to the mines is in the bottom right corner of the map, which can be reached by simply continuing to head east through the tunnel. In this map are Uni-horn Scaraba and Horn Scaraba, as well as their corresponding eggs.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Step 3: The City of El Dicastes

-Once you exit the mines, you will appear in the fields of El Dicastes. These fields are populated by centipedes, centipede larvae, Tatachos, and a new monster, Dolomedes.

Posted Image

-Head north from this field map to find the city of El Dicastes. Speak to the City Guards and they will teleport you inside.

Posted Image

-Once in El Dicastes, head directly north through the next portal.

Posted Image

-Continue heading north along the arched pathway, and enter the building at the north end. Finally, speak to the Adventurer's Clerk at the desk and register as an Adventurer. He will give you the Light of El Dicastes, which is an accessory that grants you the ability to teleport to El Dicastes at any time (with a 5 minute cooldown).

Posted Image

Congratulations! You can now return to El Dicastes at any time you choose, and have access to the first floor of the Scaraba Hole dungeon. I will post a guide for the Scaraba Hole floor 2 access quest once I've finished it, assuming of course no one else beats me to it!

Hope this is helpful!

#2 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 25 June 2011 - 08:20 AM

I do not know if this is for testing purposes only but all El Dicastes is supposed to require Ring of the Wise King item to talk to the Manuks. The quest isn't a requirement but a character is supposed to need the ring equipped to talk to any oh the Sapha or Manuks.

#3 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 25 June 2011 - 12:29 PM

I do not know if this is for testing purposes only but all El Dicastes is supposed to require Ring of the Wise King item to talk to the Manuks. The quest isn't a requirement but a character is supposed to need the ring equipped to talk to any oh the Sapha or Manuks.

You get a Ring of the Wise King everytime you warp to New World Camp via Valk in Prontera : )

#4 Miyuki

Miyuki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • LocationUnderground
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 26 June 2011 - 03:01 PM

^ Only if they don't detect one already in your inventory. ...I ended up with two that way, 'cause I had mine equipped. orz

#5 Proto312

Proto312

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 10:11 AM

Where is the Valk warper in Prontera?

#6 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 16 July 2011 - 11:07 AM

This was a valkyrie NPC on Sakray intended to help people get to the new world with a Ring of Wise King to speed up testing. You have to take the cat hand quest in the Eden Group or do things the long way to get to the new world.

#7 Proto312

Proto312

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 04:42 PM

Ahhh ok, thanks. Just did the Ring Of The Wise King quest a minute ago so now I can continue!

#8 overload123

overload123

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:00 PM

thank you!!!! =)

#9 Alanthier

Alanthier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1432 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 12 March 2014 - 04:25 PM

I did the ring quest on my GX(my original, which was deleted 5 GX's ago XD) and I never did it with my SC, just did THIS quest for El diastes with my SC, using the ring I already had.

#10 KianS

KianS

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 868 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 07:19 AM

Some questions here (new in the New World) :-

1. Is there any NPC in El Dicastes or Manuk functioning like either Kafra or Cool Event Corp. Staff for saving purpose (with or without Ring of Wise King);

2. Kamidal Tunnel (dic_dun01) is not next to or within El Dicastes (dicastes01) but have to pass through Outskirts of Kamidal Mountain (dic_fild01); and

3. Is Kamidal Tunnel something like Ant Hell, which level 1 is in Manuk town (start) but level 2 will exit to Dicastes Diel (end).

Thank you very much!

Edit:-

How am I suppose to save at Manuk field (man_fild02) with the Cat Hand Agent right outside of Manuk town, as the agent told me residents of Manuk continued to offer resistance, therefore he shall save me at Midgards Allied Force Post for my safety. But I wanted to save there badly...

Edited by KianS, 09 August 2015 - 07:43 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users