double standard for banning people? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

double standard for banning people?

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 lostmike

lostmike

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 25 June 2011 - 08:38 AM

Can someone explain how i get banned for moving someone blocking eden npc with a chatbox >2< cells to the left so they don't block it anymore, while when i report someone else for spellbreaking me over the course of a few days (while potting with kafra foods on) gets to run around with no consequences?

I should note that after i moved the person, they took down the chatbox and said they were reporting me, I do have multiple witnesses to exactly this happening and their own possible screenshot of the 'report' should convict them of blocking the npc.

Does this mean im not supposed to move spambots away anymore? I am really confused.

#2 LordVader

LordVader

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 25 June 2011 - 09:29 AM

Sorry to hear this happened to you as I know it can get annoying with people covering event NPC's with chats and shops. There was a large problem regarding this when the raffle NPC was initially put in the game. However, they resolved it by not allowing people to stand immediately next to the NPC. It's probably even harder to avoid people that do this in the Eden group due to the limiting camera angle, but hopefully something gets done for these NPC's in the future that doesn't allow others to grief players in that way. I don't think you should have been banned for it if you simply moved him out of the way of the npc. But... best of luck to you on your crusade.

#3 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 25 June 2011 - 09:53 AM

This is known as the dark side of democracy Posted Image

#4 ikeren

ikeren

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts
  • Locationchicity
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 25 June 2011 - 10:30 AM

I can remember messing with some bots by warping them to random places, my friend got banned for skill abuse and I didn't. (Not even sure about the bot.)
Meh.

#5 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:retired

Posted 25 June 2011 - 10:38 AM

Does that mean we can't do anything about people like this?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 25 June 2011 - 10:47 AM

The only punishment you'll receive for using Manhole on another player to prevent them from competing with you is being placed on an imaginary watch list:

Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 Triki

Triki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 10:52 AM

u could allways bot kvm, they dont ban ppl for that apparently

#8 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 25 June 2011 - 10:58 AM

This is why I said to disable vending from Eden Group. At least do it for the first floor. Or make it like how you helped with the Raffle NPC by putting an invisible barrier around the NPC's so that the vends don't block our view of them.

#9 Beata

Beata

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1493 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 11:05 AM

Typical, most players lack standards in iRo no offence. Blocking npcs and portals.. this is just a small sample of the worse.

#10 ryu888

ryu888

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 11:31 AM

Whoever uses manhole on stuff like this is just butthurt. IF you got a problem simply report it to the gms, don't act like god and think you can do whatever you want to another individual even if they are bots/jerks.

Im glad you got banned.

#11 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 25 June 2011 - 11:58 AM

When you are blocking an NPC you're being a nuisance to other players. There's nothing wrong with moving them a few cells away.

Send in a ticket and use this for reference:

http://forums.warppo...ens-should-loo/

I'm ok with this use. As long as it isn't hurting or inconveniencing peoples play it isn't a problem.

Manholing players to prevent them from doing something, however, is definitely abuse.

If you were only doing what you say, then there's definitely no reason you should have been banned for something so miniscule, especially when nothing is done about worse offenses. =/

Edited by Ralis, 25 June 2011 - 12:00 PM.

#12 WanderingCat

WanderingCat

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 537 posts
  • LocationWandering
  • Server:iRO Chaos Renewal

Posted 25 June 2011 - 12:07 PM

This is why I said to disable vending from Eden Group. At least do it for the first floor. Or make it like how you helped with the Raffle NPC by putting an invisible barrier around the NPC's so that the vends don't block our view of them.

I like this idea, however Hiem said somewhere that the invisible barrier is actually invisible NPCs (around 5-10 of them) and said if they did that for all the NPCs it would cause strain on the server. Although for one or two NPCs its a plausible solution.

#13 Droyd

Droyd

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 872 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 25 June 2011 - 12:17 PM

is it a permanent ban?

#14 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 12:19 PM

Whoever uses manhole on stuff like this is just butthurt. IF you got a problem simply report it to the gms, don't act like god and think you can do whatever you want to another individual even if they are bots/jerks.

Im glad you got banned.

You seem to be the butthurt one imo.

#15 ryu888

ryu888

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 02:03 PM

You seem to be the butthurt one imo.

Guess what? I don't care about your opinion.

OP is clearly butthurt, otherwise he wouldn't have even started a post why he got banned. Lets see there are how many spam bots in this game? why don't he man hole everyone of them?

But he did it against an actual player and he got what he deserves.

Also I've seen people getting manholed just because some people don't like them vending in the middle of eden, the only one who seems to don't like this are people with manhole.

#16 MagicHands

MagicHands

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 384 posts
  • LocationAlaska...

Posted 25 June 2011 - 03:03 PM

Ryu maybe if you werent to -_-ing Lazy to move your character 2 cells to the left he wouldnt have to manhole you derp. This guy was only helping him and the rest of the community out because someone was blocking an important chat. Now if you get butthurt because he moves you 2 squares to the left or right...your intentionally grieving other people and you should probably just shut up anyways. His motives was not to grieve someone, just to simply let everyone else use the npc as intented.

#17 lostmike

lostmike

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 03:09 PM

Guess what? I don't care about your opinion.

OP is clearly butthurt, otherwise he wouldn't have even started a post why he got banned. Lets see there are how many spam bots in this game? why don't he man hole everyone of them?

But he did it against an actual player and he got what he deserves.

Also I've seen people getting manholed just because some people don't like them vending in the middle of eden, the only one who seems to don't like this are people with manhole.

I am as you say 'butthurt' about it, the person who had chatroom might have been trying to gain attention, since it was a link to a tinypic website. It is against the EULA to block npcs so I find it ironic that i get banned for moving the person 2 cells so they aren't breaking the rules.

I do warp away about 3+ spam bots every day, this is just the first time I've been banned for moving people, even if its temporary, will I be at risk if i continue to do so after the unban?

#18 DeltaRay

DeltaRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1076 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 03:43 PM

Renouille I pmed Heim about the neoshadow guy I had to manhole him out though.

#19 Droyd

Droyd

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 872 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 03:52 PM

I am as you say 'butthurt' about it, the person who had chatroom might have been trying to gain attention, since it was a link to a tinypic website. It is against the EULA to block npcs so I find it ironic that i get banned for moving the person 2 cells so they aren't breaking the rules.

I do warp away about 3+ spam bots every day, this is just the first time I've been banned for moving people, even if its temporary, will I be at risk if i continue to do so after the unban?

was it a permanent ban

#20 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 06:04 PM

Ryu maybe if you werent to -_-ing Lazy to move your character 2 cells to the left he wouldnt have to manhole you derp. This guy was only helping him and the rest of the community out because someone was blocking an important chat. Now if you get butthurt because he moves you 2 squares to the left or right...your intentionally grieving other people and you should probably just shut up anyways. His motives was not to grieve someone, just to simply let everyone else use the npc as intented.

Trust me man. I've told all those vendors the same story. None of them listen to that logic. They're a lost cause anyways. Just keep moving them to the side and let them QQ. They'll start spouting their own logic about how we should be banned even though they are the ones blocking the NPC's with their chats and vends.

#21 kotoyuri

kotoyuri

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 06:09 PM

You don't pay enough, they do!

#22 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 08:20 PM

What do people get banned for nowdays?

#23 ryu888

ryu888

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 11:13 PM

Whats funny is you all assume it was me, which in fact is not, I haven't even log in for weeks. So people like you who can spam skills in towns must be thinking your playing god and can do whatever you want right? what if every body started to use manhole on spot?

Don't try to act like your the iro police, if you got a problem with someone report it to the gms. I can't stand people who gets all emotional about some chat room. Don't like it? play another game.

Its a free game, you have no right to tell how or where people should put up vends or chats.

Using manhole is an abuse on another player, doesn't matter the reason, you should report the player instead, not taking it with your own hands. Using an excuse like helping the community is just a lie, we all know its a personal rage.

Besides there isn't much of a community to begin with, with 40% bots 40% bot vendors 10% spamers, 10% community that consist of elite douches/greedy players.

#24 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 11:26 PM

This ryu guy has to be a valk player. Just manhole people away, etc etc. They rarely ban for it. I ks royal guards all day in magma2 when they are taking too long or run into me and try and snag mobs off me. I've never been banned, just don't talk back to them or admit to it in game and you're golden.

#25 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 11:39 PM

This ryu guy has to be a valk player. Just manhole people away, etc etc. They rarely ban for it. I ks royal guards all day in magma2 when they are taking too long or run into me and try and snag mobs off me. I've never been banned, just don't talk back to them or admit to it in game and you're golden.

QFT NEVER REPLY BACK.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users