Just lost my +8 St. Patrick's Hat to recycler... - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Just lost my +8 St. Patrick's Hat to recycler...

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 faramith

faramith

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 07:19 PM

I had 1200 Coins to redeem, so I equipped my +5 Ygg Crown and the +8 Cubic St. Patrick's Hat was placed in inventory.. and selected the 5 to 6 option, then "As I always Do" I pressed enter many times with my eyes closed... yeah i do that when upgrading.. call it superstition or whatever.. when i opened my eyes I see that i received 300 coins.. i was like.. what the hell.. then i read the recycler and it says that he took my st patricks... I was like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.. can GMs do anything? I didnt knew the recycler menu was gonna activate right after the upgrade.. I tought it was gonna close... I still have the 300 coins on my char cant you return my hat? I mean who in his right mind would trade an item thats worth more than 80m in ymir server for 300 coins...

please ! Help! :)

server: Ymir
name: Lubricosa
time.. like 20 minutes ago..

X_X

Aclaration: The recycler upped my Ygg to +6 but since i was pressing enter many times with eyes closed it chose option to recycle and the only item in inventory was the +8 st. patrick's, also I didnt knew the menu appeared again after upgrading, i thought it would close like normal upgrader.

Edited by faramith, 26 June 2011 - 03:47 AM.

#2 Droyd

Droyd

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 872 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 25 June 2011 - 07:28 PM

ya gms help i also lost my +12 rideword hat...

#3 TwilightsCall

TwilightsCall

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 514 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 25 June 2011 - 07:28 PM

Your best bet is to submit a ticket to the GMs detailing your situation. While I wouldn't be entirely surprised if there's nothing they can do, I have heard of similar situations in the past where GMs were willing to restore items that were lost to accidental breaking/dropping/etc.

So don't give up hope, but don't hold your breath :) Just submit a ticket and see what can be done.

#4 Daize

Daize

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 213 posts
  • Server:classic

Posted 25 June 2011 - 07:29 PM

I've also lost a pirate dagger and overupped ygg crown to that damn recycler. It seems to go in some random order when choosing items out of your inventory. I'm not asking for them back, just expressing my sympathy for OP as I have had this happen to me as well.

Edited by Daize, 25 June 2011 - 07:30 PM.

#5 Susan

Susan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1024 posts
  • Server:ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Posted 25 June 2011 - 07:40 PM

i think it's funny how it doesn't ask twice if you want to turn the hat in, after automatically choosing it.
but it asks ~3 times if you REALLY REALLY REALLY want to do your safe upgrade attempt
i almost turned in my +9 hat of fortune :)

and why is Ben Recycle too dumb to autochoose my pauldrons? -_-

Edited by Susan, 25 June 2011 - 07:43 PM.

#6 Misery

Misery

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 148 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 June 2011 - 08:00 PM

i lost my +7 kiel dress hat to the damn recyling mail box cause i wanted to up my kvm spear x.x
waiting since 5 days for a response now x.x

#7 FiskBlack

FiskBlack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts
  • LocationMexico, Campeche
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 25 June 2011 - 09:22 PM

i lost my +7 kiel dress hat to the damn recyling mail box cause i wanted to up my kvm spear x.x
waiting since 5 days for a response now x.x

You are not misery, wtf...

Ah! I also almost forgot my st patrick like that, but i was extremely careful with it...
I hope you all got your gears back :C

Edited by FiskBlack, 25 June 2011 - 09:24 PM.

#8 TrueMaster

TrueMaster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts
  • LocationFar Northern California
  • Server:Valkyrie->Chaos

Posted 25 June 2011 - 10:18 PM

I sort of foresaw this as being able to happen so i would always put any unnecessary gears in storage before using the machine.

The machine does need to have some sort of back cataloger that allows you to buy back items that you have put in it already. I duno know how much effort that would require and since this is only a limited time event i doubt it something so complicated would be implemented

#9 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 25 June 2011 - 10:53 PM

I know I lost my +7 Ygg Crown to the Recycler. Not like I can't make another one, but still...

#10 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 26 June 2011 - 01:03 AM

Solution guize: Put any overupgraded hat in your storage before upgrading.

#11 Channa

Channa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • LocationOn, Canada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 26 June 2011 - 04:21 AM

It was suggested when the recycler came out to put any items you don't want accidentally recycled in storage.

good luck trying to get your stuff back.

#12 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts
  • LocationValhalla Dwarf NPC

Posted 26 June 2011 - 05:18 AM

They should be able to replace it, it's not such a hard thing to do as long as you know when you accidentally recycled it. Especially with obviously overupgraded, rare items. Plead you case in a ticket, ask them to be understanding, prove that it was an accident.

#13 Snewt

Snewt

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 06:22 AM

Solution guize: Put any overupgraded hat in your storage before upgrading.

+1

PRO-TIP.

#14 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts
  • LocationAFK in Ymir pront
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 26 June 2011 - 07:50 AM

They should be able to replace it, it's not such a hard thing to do as long as you know when you accidentally recycled it. Especially with obviously overupgraded, rare items. Plead you case in a ticket, ask them to be understanding, prove that it was an accident.

Yeah it sucks for the OP but it's their own fault for not paying attention....
GMs should not replace it. Other people have lost more valuable items to being stupid and NPCing them ( best I remember was I think on the old forums someone NPCd a over-upped ghost valk ) and the GMs said "too bad soooo sad, be more careful in the future".
There was also the BIG letters in the post , and on the playragnarok site telling you to put any headgears you don't want accidentally recycled into your storage / cart. Like it or not the GMs aren't there to hold your hand and make sure you don't get hurt in game.... otherwise where is my guardian GM, I've killed pharaoh well over 800 times total and not got a card.... I demand my guardian GM to spawn me one :-P

#15 DarkDan

DarkDan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1280 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 26 June 2011 - 09:03 AM

People are reporting that you have to replace the lost hat for a hat of the same type. If you lost a +9 Rideword hat you have to give them a regular Rideword hat to replace the upgraded one. If you lose a +9 Dress Hat of True Sight you have to give them a regular Dress Hat to get the good back.

Thats what I have heard from people that are going through this process and have gotten a response from the GM's.

#16 faramith

faramith

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 01:58 PM

So ill have to get a regular patricks and how bout the myst case card? Give them a poring card? I dunno how it will work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users