DNA and (maybe) certain skills not working? - Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

DNA and (maybe) certain skills not working?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Ninnghizhidda

Ninnghizhidda

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1903 posts
  • LocationAthens, Hellas
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:Hammerine

Posted 20 August 2010 - 11:04 AM

Logged in this morning, after the latest maintenance, to start my Requiem routine, always hoping for some improvement. Instead, realised a few things seem to be wrong. Here goes:

1) Defence DNA seems to be severely malfunctioning. First thing when I log in I notice my base defence is like 200 lower. Nice surprise. Now, after the (unexpected?) brief downtime for Hammerine, I log in again. What do I see? My base defence is down by 500! Casting skin of stone, creates an even bigger effect, as the final value is now lower by like 700. Looks like a simple explanation to me: either Survival Instinct or Skin of Stone or BOTH DNAs are not working properly, if at all.

2) Attack power seems affected too. My damage region is down by a significant factor. This one could probably be due to 1-h weapon mastery DNA also not properly working or not at all.

3) Skills seem to be affected in some negative way too. Although it is notoriously known how BAD melee skills seem to connect, the fail rate today has broken every previous record. Somewhere between 60-80% in total, using most attack skills, e.g. shield strike, face strike, boomerang of sword aura, moonlight slash, chain slash. This time they keep on missing miserably even on many mobs with LOWER level than me. I am rather used to this misery, but this was a tad too much today.

3 i) Further on skills... Taunting Cry SERIOUSLY not working. Like every day, I do MANY runs, nearly all of them in JS (Jacob Shrine). I hardly ever have too much trouble tanking and keeping the aggro. Today, I had to struggle with series after series of taunts, and even then with lousy results. No, my parties did not consist of particularly intense damage dealers, those you always struggle to keep up with. Don't ask me please, I have been doing this for AGES, as I have done tanking many raids. So, my taunts USED to work. What now?

This account is just about some observations I made today. Maybe something is wrong and it shall be fixed. I do hope so. Making a melee class feel even more miserable in its tasks, will not promote the game too much. We already have enough trouble with accuracy and all that stuff, many, many topics have already discussed them before.

Please, at least fix all this nonsense and bring some joy to our Requiem experience.

Best regards from...

Ninnghizhidda, Commander (lvl 76)

P.S. And just in the case you get any wrong assumptions, I could not care any LESS for PvP and I am totally orientated towards fighting mobs and bosses, solo, in parties, in raids, you name it. So, I do have some skill and experience in these matters, thanks. :p_devil:

#2 Loyalty1

Loyalty1

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9069 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:♪ ♥ ♪

Posted 20 August 2010 - 11:05 AM

Please give us as much useful feedback as possible, correct me if you think I am wrong on something, and speak up if you think I have missed something. Testing is ongoing at this point. Also, I know many of you express a lack of confidence, but saying things like we donâ??t care or we are not even testing is just unwarranted and untrue. So, please criticize, but donâ??t make it personal.

• Some reports that are under investigation... (Not all, but what I have time to type up this post for...)
    • Bug Report being submitted regarding the inability to quickslot skills that should be available from the Equipment tab of the Skill UI since changes to Ornaments this patch.
    • Looking into the Guild Management Issue reported.
    • No changes client side which would explain for this (except a single character typo fix to the Guild UI) but checking it out.
  • From testing so far, weâ??re not seeing actual damage or defense output changed, but it does seem that some stat modifiers (such as those provided by Passive DNA) are not being applied to the Character Information UI stat values (at least in the skills I have had time to test so far).
    • One of the skills tested is Strengthened Survival Instinct and details are included below.
      I should also point out that I checked for modifications to client side data and found no changes to skills, class status, UI or any other data assets which we would expect to see this sort of outcome from changing. Of course there are plenty of other places where changes could have been made and have this outcome but I canâ??t necessarily check those changes. It could also be a change from a prior patch, but this community would have noticed then I am quite sure. I am requesting any changes which could have caused what is being reported be thoroughly looked into.
    • DNA Skill Strengthened Survival Instinct does not display the modified Defense value on the Character Information UI but does apply the modifier when taking physical damage on hits that are not split, blocked, missed (very low damage) or critical. (Screen shot and results from putting the values into a spreadsheet included below.)
    • Survival Instinct level 10 w/o Strengthened Survival Instinct DNA
    • Character Information Displayed Defense
      Short Range 3570
      Long Range 3570
    • Average hit 177.857
    • Posted Image
  • Survival Instinct level 10 w/ Strengthened Survival Instinct DNA
    • Character Information Displayed Defense
      Short Range 3570
      Long Range 3570
    • Average hit 163.461
    • Posted Image
[/list][/list]
I will do my best to get back to you all as soon as possible with an update to what I mentioned here and to try to cover things I may have missed.

#3 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 20 August 2010 - 11:13 AM

I'm starting to wonder what the hell they did that last maint, because a lot of weird stuff was messed up on RO too, namely all the monsters had their item drop rates messed up.

Did they get their databases corrupted or what?

#4 Ninnghizhidda

Ninnghizhidda

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1903 posts
  • LocationAthens, Hellas
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:Hammerine

Posted 20 August 2010 - 11:21 AM

Thanks, dear!

Though I am not only talking about "cosmetic" problems, like just the proper values not appearing properly. Regarding damage, I did notice a slight reduction in what I was doing all day. Small, but noticeable.

As far as defence goes... Hard to see a difference here. If it is true that there is a cap value of 2700, then I am way above this one (2972 base def, at least originally ... ). So in any case I doubt I would see much difference in damage taken, correct?

As for the skills problem, this is all too real, especially with Taunting Cry. I know, because it affected nearly every run today.

Many thanks! :p_devil:

#5 Talon

Talon

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 11:26 AM

Thanks, dear!

Though I am not only talking about "cosmetic" problems, like just the proper values not appearing properly. Regarding damage, I did notice a slight reduction in what I was doing all day. Small, but noticeable.

As far as defence goes... Hard to see a difference here. If it is true that there is a cap value of 2700, then I am way above this one (2972 base def, at least originally ... ). So in any case I doubt I would see much difference in damage taken, correct?

As for the skills problem, this is all too real, especially with Taunting Cry. I know, because it affected nearly every run today.

Many thanks! :p_devil:

I'm missing 400 def and I'm well under cap..trust me it's big lol

#6 Vosk

Vosk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2431 posts
  • LocationZ.O.G.-controlled Corporation of the USA
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Cash Shop killed game.

Posted 20 August 2010 - 12:30 PM

I'm starting to wonder what the hell they did that last maint, because a lot of weird stuff was messed up on RO too, namely all the monsters had their item drop rates messed up.
Did they get their databases corrupted or what?

This is simply par for the course in Requiem. RO updates typically don't mess up things they weren't even supposed to effect?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users