How to get the name of the bot that keep teleing - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

How to get the name of the bot that keep teleing

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Kimoji

Kimoji

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 07:24 AM

Want to report but can't get their name since they keep teleing. If anyone has any tips & trick, please share. Thanks!! :rolleyes:

#2 Pyrasia

Pyrasia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 04 July 2011 - 07:30 AM

Well, since GMs don't patrol themselves and rely on players to report only (even so many times nothing happens), if a bot is set to tele right away, then literally that means that bot is almost unbannable.

#3 morphine

morphine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1123 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 07:46 AM

All you can do is try to provide as much information as possible so they aren't searching blindly for a mystery character on a map. The time it was seen, class, gender, appearance, headgear, etc would be more helpful than nothing. Other than that, once in a while, you do get lucky and actually catch a name or take a screenshot before they vanish.

#4 Wiggles

Wiggles

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 844 posts
  • Server:Ymir (Retired)

Posted 04 July 2011 - 08:08 AM

Want to report but can't get their name since they keep teleing. If anyone has any tips & trick, please share. Thanks!! :rolleyes:

Please don't pm me about this, but heres a hint..
Anyway, I know it can be done with certain tools.
Cause I've seen it done before.
Keep quiet about them on this forum though, or the thread will be deleted.
Everyone knows about them though...
They can be used for good if you want to.

So there you go.. thats your hint.
Now you can catch those pesky bastards that teleport instantly.
I personally hate those kinds of bots the most.
For the record, I go to extra lengths just to get them banned.
Feel free to PM the names you get directly to Oda on the forums.
Every time I send just a name via a ticket, it just gets returned because they are too lazy.
Rely on Oda to get the job done correctly.

#5 Kimoji

Kimoji

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 09:10 AM

Does such a tool exist? I have no luck for googleing it :rolleyes: And how long does it take for Oda to get job done? Faster than submiting a ticket?

Edited by Kimoji, 04 July 2011 - 09:11 AM.

#6 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 04 July 2011 - 11:18 AM

PM Oda what map it's on and he can usually check logs to find out the name. Just don't harass him too much. =P

#7 Hacks

Hacks

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 534 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 12:44 PM

if the bot uses any sort of skill with a cast delay, you can sometimes walk up on them while they cast their buffs, right click them before it finishes and you can catch the name before they teleport. can take a while sometimes but it works for me.

#8 Kimoji

Kimoji

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 02:03 PM

PM Oda what map it's on and he can usually check logs to find out the name. Just don't harass him too much. =P

Oh he has time for this?He's not busy? That's a very kind of him :Emo_21: :rolleyes:

if the bot uses any sort of skill with a cast delay, you can sometimes walk up on them while they cast their buffs, right click them before it finishes and you can catch the name before they teleport. can take a while sometimes but it works for me.

I think they use flywing :rofl: I never saw them use teleport skill :wink:

#9 Hacks

Hacks

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 534 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 04:16 PM

same difference.

#10 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 04:26 PM

You can also right click on the bot when he lands near you, this will bring up the options to trade him, send party request and so on. Usually you can manage to do this even if they're too fast to screenshot.

His name will be there. The GMs will take that in a screenshot if they ask for it (which the ticket monkeys have been doing). But yes, PMing Oda should work as well.

#11 Kimoji

Kimoji

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 04:33 PM

same difference.

Huh? After cast delay has anything to do with using flywing? I mean they can use flywing right after casting any skill. So no delay for them to teleport away from me. That's why I never catch them in all condition :rolleyes:

#12 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 July 2011 - 05:29 PM

use a summon (ventus the most common) and hide, the bot will try to kill the ventus

#13 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10262 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 05 July 2011 - 03:25 AM

So there you go.. thats your hint.
Now you can catch those pesky bastards that teleport instantly.
I personally hate those kinds of bots the most.
For the record, I go to extra lengths just to get them banned.
Feel free to PM the names you get directly to Oda on the forums.
Every time I send just a name via a ticket, it just gets returned because they are too lazy.
Rely on Oda to get the job done correctly.

I can get a list of characters on the map during a given period of time through our tools, and especially if you can get me a class or headgear through a PM, I can find them pretty quickly.

#14 Kimoji

Kimoji

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 06:11 AM

I can get a list of characters on the map during a given period of time through our tools, and especially if you can get me a class or headgear through a PM, I can find them pretty quickly.

This is good news!! I thought you will tell me to use ticket system. It's good to know that I don't have to use support system anymore for bot reporting :rolleyes: Thank you so much. Do you work 24/7? What time we should PM you to make it effective?

#15 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10262 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 05 July 2011 - 07:08 AM

This is good news!! I thought you will tell me to use ticket system. It's good to know that I don't have to use support system anymore for bot reporting :rolleyes: Thank you so much. Do you work 24/7? What time we should PM you to make it effective?

The ticket system is still recommended for regular bot reports, I ask that people send me the just the more unusual cases (can't get a screenshot or somesuch) so I can don't run out of time to work on community/production stuff.

I work starting in the wee hours (pacific time), until before noon.

#16 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD
  • Server:Chaos - Animosity Leader

Posted 05 July 2011 - 07:10 AM

This all would be a good supporting argument for the addition of client-side commands. Since the GMs can't modify the client source, we shouldn't expect commands like /who or something. That's why private servers have relied on the "@" symbol instead. They can inspect text coming from the client and any text that starts with "@" will be treated like a client side / command.

So, it'd be nice if we had @who "map name". If there are over...say...50 users on the map you enter, then the server would return "There are too many characters on this map to report" to prevent flooding of the chat box (this would protect against problems with doing things like "@who prontera" and it flooding your client and maybe causing an error to occur). If there are < 50 users though, a message could be returned back to the client, similar to /blacksmith, with all of the users there. We could use that to catch bots, especially if it returned classes and levels as well, and it would be AWESOME to find parties with people on the map you're on and in range.

It'd all require a source edit though, which iRO can't do. Might be worth passing it up though, imo.

#17 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 05 July 2011 - 09:05 AM

sadly, the easiest way to catch a bot's name is to be one or do something similiar

Edited by Andini, 05 July 2011 - 09:07 AM.

#18 razirazo

razirazo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 717 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 05 July 2011 - 09:37 AM

sorry, by means of PM
means it is on forum or in game?
and what is ticket?

haha.. I knew lots of bot but don't know how to report them.

#19 Hacks

Hacks

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 534 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 09:59 AM

This all would be a good supporting argument for the addition of client-side commands. Since the GMs can't modify the client source, we shouldn't expect commands like /who or something. That's why private servers have relied on the "@" symbol instead. They can inspect text coming from the client and any text that starts with "@" will be treated like a client side / command.

So, it'd be nice if we had @who "map name". If there are over...say...50 users on the map you enter, then the server would return "There are too many characters on this map to report" to prevent flooding of the chat box (this would protect against problems with doing things like "@who prontera" and it flooding your client and maybe causing an error to occur). If there are < 50 users though, a message could be returned back to the client, similar to /blacksmith, with all of the users there. We could use that to catch bots, especially if it returned classes and levels as well, and it would be AWESOME to find parties with people on the map you're on and in range.

It'd all require a source edit though, which iRO can't do. Might be worth passing it up though, imo.

not saying i support this action, because i dont, there really isnt any need for it as there is already a party advertisment system and this new thing would be used more by spambots than regular users anyway. as for the matter of being able to edit the client, i think you have iRO confused with pservers. while source may not be on site, requests can always be made and can be included in future revisions, just takes an obscene amount of time to get binaries back.

#20 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD
  • Server:Chaos - Animosity Leader

Posted 05 July 2011 - 10:33 AM

It'd be a trillion times easier to add symbol parsing to a text string (the chat window), server side, rather than modifying the server source and the client source. I imagine it's already in, since $ seems to do it for guild chat, etc.

The new party system is trash. I imagine you're the only one that uses it. I've never used it though. I just hear guildies complaining about it left and right.

I don't see how this would be more useful to spambots too. I mean...they can PM everybody on screen if they wanted anyways. And adding a cooldown on how frequently you can perform the command would fix some potential exploits I can forsee.

I don't see how I've confused iRO with pservers. I stated clearly the differences between iRO and a private server. In addition, I stated that I know the source isn't onsite.

Edited by Lambor, 05 July 2011 - 10:34 AM.

#21 Renaldoo

Renaldoo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 225 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 July 2011 - 10:38 AM

This all would be a good supporting argument for the addition of client-side commands...

We could use that to catch bots, especially if it returned classes and levels as well, and it would be AWESOME to find parties with people on the map you're on and in range.

I'm Senator Renaldo Moon and I approve of this message.

#22 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 05 July 2011 - 10:58 AM

I'm Senator Renaldo Moon and I approve of this message.

( R ), ( D ) or ( I )?

Edited by Inubashiri, 05 July 2011 - 10:59 AM.

#23 Kimoji

Kimoji

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 11:08 AM

The ticket system is still recommended for regular bot reports, I ask that people send me the just the more unusual cases (can't get a screenshot or somesuch) so I can don't run out of time to work on community/production stuff.

I work starting in the wee hours (pacific time), until before noon.

Love you to the MAX Oda. Thanks again :angry: :lol:

#24 valgissn

valgissn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 05 July 2011 - 03:23 PM

Yeah, there's this bot called "Dyanc" botting at Mag. for more than 2 weeks now on Ygg. Teleporting whenever he sees a player.

#25 Hacks

Hacks

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 534 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 04:02 AM

It'd be a trillion times easier to add symbol parsing to a text string (the chat window), server side, rather than modifying the server source and the client source. I imagine it's already in, since $ seems to do it for guild chat, etc.

The new party system is trash. I imagine you're the only one that uses it. I've never used it though. I just hear guildies complaining about it left and right.

I don't see how this would be more useful to spambots too. I mean...they can PM everybody on screen if they wanted anyways. And adding a cooldown on how frequently you can perform the command would fix some potential exploits I can forsee.

I don't see how I've confused iRO with pservers. I stated clearly the differences between iRO and a private server. In addition, I stated that I know the source isn't onsite.

why just PM everybody on screen when you can just get a list of every character on the map and PM them too?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users