Framed for botting? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* - - - - 3 votes

Framed for botting?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
24 replies to this topic

#1 Droyd

Droyd

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 872 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 04 July 2011 - 10:44 AM

I pissed someone off when I ksed him and he said he would "own me". He /ex me and started typing :rolleyes: like "hey boy" and "I'm reporting if you don't respond" but I was /exed.

#2 Droyd

Droyd

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 872 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 04 July 2011 - 10:48 AM

He also said he would edit names and screenshots to get me banned, guaranteed!

#3 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 04 July 2011 - 11:14 AM

...So take your own screenshots of the inability to reply and him saying he'll edit them so you have something in the highly unlikely case you do actually get banned for it and don't KS people in the future?

#4 morphine

morphine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1123 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 11:16 AM

Um... So what...? Since when do they ban bots solely from screenshots? Unless you're planning to be banned for the KSing or harassment or something, I don't see why this would be an issue. I also suppose ranting about framing you with forgeries, being blocked, etc would be screenshotted for later reference/harassment reporting by most reasonable people. If you don't bot, why worry about being 'framed'?

:rolleyes:

#5 ShadyDeals

ShadyDeals

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 04 July 2011 - 11:18 AM

KS'ing isn't always on purpose. Especially if you're in a very busy field around ranged classes. Mages being the easiest to KS because you can't see their casting circle when you come onto the map and depending on how fast they cast.

As to the accusation of botting, I wouldn't worry about it too much. The GMs won't ban you because someone accused you. They have set procedures they have to go through to ban you. Like watching you play and attempting to interact with you. If you're really worried about it send in a ticket to the GMs. What he's saying he's going to do is a form of harassment.

#6 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 04 July 2011 - 11:21 AM

I'm aware KSing isn't always intentional, I've done it to people accidentally before. I do take the time to apologize for it, however, and I've never seen someone get upset to the degree described by the OP for just one accidental KS.

Though then again, I am 99% sure this is a troll thread, so yeah.

#7 Juno

Juno

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 11:24 AM

are you frustrated?

#8 Dukeares

Dukeares

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 11:31 AM

y do i bother reading ur post....

#9 Nitro

Nitro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1325 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Nothing

Posted 04 July 2011 - 11:48 AM

I pissed someone off when I ksed him and he said he would "own me". He /ex me and started typing :rolleyes: like "hey boy" and "I'm reporting if you don't respond" but I was /exed.

You are not the only one to be accused of botting. Don't let it bother you... You see, we human beings have this unique ability to take screen shots that instantly proves you are not a bot, considering the automatons don't even log in the same way as we legit players do.

#10 Resplendent

Resplendent

Grand Nagus

• Members
  • 543 posts
  • LocationWashington State
  • Server:Sakray

Posted 04 July 2011 - 12:18 PM

The GM's don't ban player bots purely because of screenshots, you shouldn't have anything to worry about there. Just respond if a GM comes by poking you.

#11 shawno1984

shawno1984

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 02:45 PM

The GM's don't ban player bots purely because of screenshots, you shouldn't have anything to worry about there. Just respond if a GM comes by poking you.

How do you know when there is a GM in game? Sorry if this is a newb question but I'm a kind of new

#12 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 04 July 2011 - 02:50 PM

Usually don't know, they are invisible most times.

#13 Maka

Maka

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 991 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 04 July 2011 - 02:52 PM

How do you know when there is a GM in game? Sorry if this is a newb question but I'm a kind of new

You don't really. Unless they are running a event or are standing right next to you. You contact GMs through the support system. Not the game.

#14 ExDarkrb

ExDarkrb

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1234 posts
  • LocationSingapore
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 04 July 2011 - 08:12 PM

Droyd, not like you.
IMO you are really botting and how you know he /ex you?
Ex is reset everytime his client is reopened so he wunt ex you and ask you to respond right?
Besides, you are overdoing it so I'm even more convinced

#15 Taokaka

Taokaka

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • LocationNagoya, Japan

Posted 04 July 2011 - 11:35 PM

This had to be like 6 or more years ago but someone I knew got banned just because another player didn't like him. The other player edited a screenshot to have the person I knew dissing the GMs and saying rude things. I think it was only a few days to a week ban but still.

I'm sure things have changed now.

#16 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 12:05 AM

^^ which is exactly why they dont ban based soley on what you tell them. All screenshots do is provide a basis for a reason to go and investigate alleged player actions, they're not stupid enough to ban without checking themselves.

#17 BlackPotato

BlackPotato

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • LocationIris born, loud and proud!
  • Server:Iris

Posted 05 July 2011 - 01:28 AM

psst. let you in on a hint: its because he was botting

#18 Ceer

Ceer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 235 posts
  • LocationSouth Kafra, Payon

Posted 05 July 2011 - 02:11 AM

The GM's always do a GM investigation of each accusation of botting to prevent something like this from actually resulting in a ban of someone who is not guilty. All you have to do is not bot, and you won't be banned.

#19 Channa

Channa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • LocationOn, Canada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 05 July 2011 - 03:40 AM

Some people become touchy when it comes to monsters.

I had one guys down in magma trying to accuse me of dragging a mob to the entrance. I hadn't been to the entrance in the last 10 minutes. I think I was the only Sura he managed to catch the name on so decided to blame me, and told me he was going to report me. I play a female sura... and there where 2 other male sura in the dungeon at the time. /rolls eyes

#20 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD
  • Server:Chaos - Animosity Leader

Posted 05 July 2011 - 04:28 AM

Sounds like a botter using some made up story to me~ Conversations and all are logged, I'm sure. That's how the GMs are able to ban people based on vulgar language, etc, if somebody actually reports them.

A /exall or /ex would have to be handled server side, so they'd have record of you attempting to PM him. And if he said he'd edit the screenshots, then you're safe there too.

Unless you actually were botting~ THEN they wouldn't see your messages. =)

#21 ExDarkrb

ExDarkrb

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1234 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 05 July 2011 - 05:23 AM

Sounds like a botter using some made up story to me~ Conversations and all are logged, I'm sure. That's how the GMs are able to ban people based on vulgar language, etc, if somebody actually reports them.

A /exall or /ex would have to be handled server side, so they'd have record of you attempting to PM him. And if he said he'd edit the screenshots, then you're safe there too.

Unless you actually were botting~ THEN they wouldn't see your messages. =)

exactly my point

#22 DuranMatthews

DuranMatthews

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos Renewal

Posted 05 July 2011 - 01:13 PM

Usually don't know, they are invisible most times.

Funny thing is bots see GMs but people don't.

Regardless, my former server already gave up on war on bots, I'm starting to see a similar effect here in iRO.

#23 Taokaka

Taokaka

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • LocationNagoya, Japan

Posted 05 July 2011 - 06:20 PM

Someone I talked to today saw a female GM walking around the magmaring map on the valyrie server. Wasn't invisible or anything. They're actually doing something about bots!

#24 HRdevil

HRdevil

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1165 posts
  • LocationMassachusets
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 05 July 2011 - 09:35 PM

Oda. Either a tranny or a crossdresser. Not entirely sure which yet

Probably both.
:lol:

#25 Maka

Maka

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 991 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 05 July 2011 - 09:57 PM

Ok well.. I don't see anything good coming from this topic so... As long as you're not botting you really shouldn't have anything to worry about. If someone tries to provoke you, just ignore them.

If they /ex you and type provoking/harassing things to you. Your best bet is to /ex them as well and report them for harassment. Because doing that can be considered such.

Edited by Maka, 06 July 2011 - 12:45 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users