Adoption System giving me a headache - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Adoption System giving me a headache

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Axiluvia

Axiluvia

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • LocationNear Seattle
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 04 July 2011 - 09:30 PM

So apparently, you can't adopt extended classes... which wasn't really mentioned on the wiki, so now we have a dead weight child on one of our marriges (we wanted to be able to Kaahi both people. But since a soul linked Soul Linker can do it to anyone, that works, but now we have a dead weight...)

Now, apparently, I can't adopt a high thief. It says NOWHERE that high first jobs are different then first jobs. Yes, it says that children can't transcend, but we figured after transcending would be fine... I've SEEN child mechanics and child Arch Bishops out there, so I know it's possible... what is wrong?!

We have the wedding rings on, and tried everything....

So did I screw up the character, and could have only adopted her as a high novice, or what?

#2 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 09:35 PM

You can go straight 2nd class to 3rd class, without the need to transcending.

It's not recommended to normal jobs, but it's the only pathway for babies.

And no. No extended, no transcendent jobs can be adopted.

Also~

Now, apparently, I can't adopt a high thief. It says NOWHERE that high first jobs are different then first jobs. Yes, it says that children can't transcend, but we figured after transcending would be fine... I've SEEN child mechanics and child Arch Bishops out there, so I know it's possible... what is wrong?!

http://irowiki.org/w...igh_First_Class

: High First Classes are the Transcendent equivalents of First Classes.

So technically they are not first classes~

Edited by asayuu, 04 July 2011 - 09:41 PM.

#3 Axiluvia

Axiluvia

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • LocationNear Seattle

Posted 04 July 2011 - 09:40 PM

ARGH. Well, that really sucks.
At least I didn't waste another child slot, but still. Ugh.

I only wasted 2,000 prize medals is all. *sighs*

They need to fix that. Or at least make it more clear for us that need to have things painfully obvious >.<

#4 RichestinIRO

RichestinIRO

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 314 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 09:46 PM

ARGH. Well, that really sucks.
At least I didn't waste another child slot, but still. Ugh.

I only wasted 2,000 prize medals is all. *sighs*

They need to fix that. Or at least make it more clear for us that need to have things painfully obvious >.<

while the wiki contains voluntary information which may be subject to verification, it is not affiliated gravity or anybody responsible for game mechanics. it was specified though that baby should be first class or novice vs. extended class, high novice, high first class, etc. (it was even hyperlinked so that when you click it, it would give you an idea of who can be adopted). i think you misread it, that's all. extended classes babies has been discussed before and there's no telling if it might be an update in the future so keep your fingers crossed lol then again you really can't have it all re: kaahi via family/child.

Edited by RichestinIRO, 04 July 2011 - 09:50 PM.

#5 Axiluvia

Axiluvia

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • LocationNear Seattle

Posted 04 July 2011 - 10:11 PM

Yes, it says "Becoming a Baby requires the adoptee to be a First Class or Novice" but it also says "High First Classes are the Transcendent equivalents of First Classes" so they STILL COUNT as a first class job. It does not specifically say "Transcended ones don't count".

It also didn't say "Extended classes are different than first classes, so they don't count either". Yes, the chart doesn't have them under first class, but as you said, it is not affiliated with anyone that makes game mechanics, and the game mechanics COULD count it as one. TK Kids are certainly close for first class (since they kind of have 2-1 and 2-2 jobs).

A simple "ONLY non-transcended novices and first class characters can become children. Extended classes do not count, and you can not choose an extended class after becoming a child" would have made things a lot less frustrating on my end.

I don't believe I mis-read it, more as I mis-interpreted it.

As it is, we found a work-around for the Kaahi (a Soul Linked Soul Linker), and the character didn't NEED to become a child, it just would have been better for her name. Still somewhat miffed about it, though.

#6 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 10:27 PM

Yeah... Right. It's weird though. Of the actual "extended" classes, you can have a Super Baby (Super Novice), but not taekwons, ninjas and gunslingers. [Note: I don't know if you can adopt directly a super novice or you need to adopt the novice and then turn it to super]

Okay, this was misinformation... From the wiki. Watch out before doing a move. The forums are here for help.

#7 Channa

Channa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • LocationOn, Canada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 05 July 2011 - 03:47 AM

Could have double checked asking somebody in game about it. Not sure what server you are on, but I'm sure there are some older players about that know the limits. Sometimes referring to just info on wiki doesn't fill in all the details.

good luck to you.

#8 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 05 July 2011 - 05:34 AM

I have adopted a Super Novice before but we did it before she turned Super Novice.

Edited by Inubashiri, 05 July 2011 - 05:34 AM.

#9 Pingchan222

Pingchan222

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 159 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 05 July 2011 - 10:47 AM

kRO probably forgot the adoption system even existed by the time taekwons and such came out, knowing them, or they were just lazy. They didn't even let babies go third until jRO said something. :lol:

#10 Rutana

Rutana

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1553 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 05 July 2011 - 02:18 PM

Super Novices are not officially counted as "extanded" Cls. Or to be more clear:
As Adoption came ingame, Super Novices were allready ingame, but not Taekwon Cls, Ninja, Gunslinger or Rebirth.
For Supernovices not be stronger than normal 2nd Cls, they could be adopted. There was no reason to restrict that.
At this point, there were no "extended" Cls, Super Novice just was something special and in my opinion it's still something special, not extended.

Than Rebirth came. And the reason for a Baby Char not be able to Rebirth (and vice versa, a Rebirthed Cls not be able to get adopted, on behalf of fairness to the baby chars) is very simple:
The Rebirth is a Rebirth. You step before Valkyrie, litteraly at the end of your normal life, and you gain a whole new life. If you want to put it in not so nice words: You're an old, maybe age 99 ;D, adventurer, you die, you have proven yourself honorable and can enter Valhalla. You leave all your belongings behind (0 weight, 0 zeny, no mount/cart/falcon) and Valkyrie grants you a new life, you get reborn.
Now tell me how a baby actually be able to face Valkyrie in old age ;o
I know it's different ingame, as the baby characters are more... let's say teenagers at least.
But the basic stays. Transcending is a Rebirth, you can't be reborn if you're still a child - as long as no one murdered you or you die another tragic death. It's not that kind of "getting old and lived your whole life" thing ;o
It would have been unlogical - and therefor no rebirth for baby characters.

Than expendend hit the game, first with Taekwon, than with Ninja and Gunslinger.
While I can't even tell why Taekwon Cls can't rebirth, they're not that much stronger, Ninja and Gunslinger were meant to be nearly on par with Rebirth (yeah, I know the balancing didn't worked that great, but well), or at least between 2nd Cls and Rebirth. I guess, at this point the developers didn't wanted to let these babys stand above all other baby's. For Taekwon, I think they tried to prevent the usage of adoption for simply using the Soul-Linker Buffs and therefor make a cheap buffslave... But that's guessing here.

Now that 3rd Cls came ingame and normal 2nd Cls were allowed to change, there was no reason to restrict it to baby characters. First of all, this increases their max level which is kinda important with renewal, and secondly, it's not a rebirthing and all babys (except Super Babys for now) are on par with each other. If you ask me, Renewal would have been the best time to allow Gunslinger and Ninja to get adopted, too, but well... who knows what gravity plans for these cls ^^;

(little side note, these are all non official statements, so it can be wrong. I just think that these are the most reasonable reasons :lol: )

#11 LuckyBunny0

LuckyBunny0

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 30 September 2011 - 01:04 PM

Can't the un-adoption method be to where if the baby character is deleted and parents are divorced everything is back to normal? It clears the whole confusion and GM don't have to get in the middle of it. ^^ And when adopting get the baby's account info if not then choose your baby wisely.

I can't un-adopt, baby "sage" doesn't play anymore, and daddy's a guild leader, I'm 150 AB max tax in guild and I'm bored. So i wanted to make another baby "super novice" more challenging, and I can use her to vend and do warps for me. And I can have something to do till the 150 event comes back still need 1 1/2 job levels. There's no way for me to un-adopt. I recently sent in a tictet but due to in his guild I CAN'T DO IT. T_T I won't let him break his guild for my childish needs. T_T

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users