Saiyu

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationIn a dark basement
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 05 July 2011 - 10:14 PM

Uhm, I haven't ~really~ been on iRO for a very long time. I was just curious about something from the Ranger class. Is it really possible to still have a Falcon when you're a Ranger class? I've seen like...EVERY Ranger with those Wargs, and never a Falcon. I just want to be sure about something ^^; so like~ if anyone knows the true answer to this, that'd be great. I've tried searching around a bit...I've even asked two people in game o.< one actually ~being~ a Ranger. They didn't seem to know the answer lol which I thought was a little weird xD! Has a Ranger even tried to get a Falcon...or is it just "vanish"? I have a level 90 Sniper and I've always been in love with the Falcon...it made me love that class lol.
Oh, also...if I can really get a Falcon o.O is it possible to switch back and forth with the Warg and bird? Or...do you choose one; or what xD? I'm just very curious...sorry if I'm rambling on...!

#2 SirDillhole

SirDillhole

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 10:16 PM

Yeah I have a guildie that REFUSES to get a warg, lol.
So my answer is yes.

#3 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 05 July 2011 - 10:16 PM

Wrong forum section... Go here:

http://forums.warppo...9-archer-class/

#4 valgissn

valgissn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 10:31 PM

Yes, but the falcon and how many times it hits is still based on job level so it wouldn't be much use when you job change to ranger until jlvl 41+

#5 Noumi

Noumi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 12:01 AM

Warg > Falcon in almost every aspect... So ya.... once you become a ranger you cook your Falcon and Feed it to your Warg.

1: Warg also auto blitz like a falcon does based on your LUK. Its damage is about 3x that of a Falcon.
2: There is no after cast delay for a auto Warg unlike auto Falcon (1 second). So as long as your aspd and LUK is high enough, you can have the warg attacking multiple times in a second.
3: The only down side of auto warg is it will fail if there is any obstacle between the ranger and its target, unlike a falcon who "flies" over, the warg needs a passable terrain to "run" over. That seldom happens and is rather negligible.

#6 Saiyu

Saiyu

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 12:02 AM

Oh psh ^^; sorry, didn't know there were more separate sections...guess I'm a lazy looker o.o;! But yay!! I'm so happy to learn a Ranger can still get a Falcon x3!! Even if it's better after a certain amount of Job levels =o! But, my other question;

Can you switch back and forth between Warg and Falcon then =o?
Does the Falcon look different~ or is it like the Sniper's Falcon sprite xD?
I love having questions answered >w<!

#7 RichestinIRO

RichestinIRO

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 314 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 12:11 AM

Oh psh ^^; sorry, didn't know there were more separate sections...guess I'm a lazy looker o.o;! But yay!! I'm so happy to learn a Ranger can still get a Falcon x3!! Even if it's better after a certain amount of Job levels =o! But, my other question;

Can you switch back and forth between Warg and Falcon then =o?
Does the Falcon look different~ or is it like the Sniper's Falcon sprite xD?
I love having questions answered >w<!

the falcon will look like a hunter falcon (brown not violet). you can switch between warg and falcon - the falcon should be off to use warg mastery skill to call a warg and have the flute in ur inventory. use warg mastery skill again to dismiss warg then rent a falcon in hugel to switch back to falcon mode.

#8 Saiyu

Saiyu

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 12:24 AM

Okay awesome, thanks a lot ^^! This will make becoming a Ranger much better x3 ... for me anyways lol. I'm guessing...you hafta buy the "Flute" somewhere? Lol, that's now my last question :3!

#9 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 06 July 2011 - 02:56 AM

It's really important to just focus on 1. Look at all the skill points you can save if you don't use the Falcon. :lol:

#10 Steggamo

Steggamo

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 09:42 AM

Does your warg require job lvl 41 to hit 5x? Does it hit 5x from the get go or does it just do all that damage in one blow? Pure falconier at 99 sniper just trans'd to find my damage cut down to 1/3 of what it used to be. Please halp

#11 neokenshin

neokenshin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts
  • LocationDunno...they kicked me out of Hades for being too evil

Posted 22 July 2011 - 11:46 AM

With the Warg, you get the Warg Flute immediately after changing into a Ranger and it's permanently in your inventory as a 0 weight item.

As stated Falcons only gain a hit every 10 job levels, so you'd need to be 41+ to get the 5 Auto Blitz hits. Now the Warg will only hit 1 time, no matter what job level it is. HOWEVER...the damage that 1 hit does is around 3 times the damage that a Falcon does with max Auto Blitz. So 5 hits totaling 1k damage or 1 hit totaling 3k damage? With Ranger Balancing, the damage may even hit 5k+.

Also as stated above, Wargs do not have the auto atk delay that Falcons have. This increases their DPS considerably.

Finally Falcons don't have the ability to lock people/monsters in place while Wargs do.

Best bet, if you're going as an Auto ATK Ranger, go Auto Warg. If done right, you'll be able to hit some of the highest DPS in the game as an Auto Warg Ranger.

#12 chris2

chris2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 02:16 PM

How do you think bow/auto warg rangers are going to be in pvp/woe once the balances come out?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users