19 replies to this topic

#1 DCturtle

DCturtle

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 03:52 AM

Hey everyone

I was happily playing ro before the servers went down for the latest maintenance, but when I tried to log back in after servers were up again my patch client said this:

Failed to get 2011-4-21data_gm.gpf file

I tried restarting, reinstalling game, turn off firewall, run as admin; but none of this seems to work.

What frustrates me is that it was working hours ago and now it doesn't >< lol

Please help...

#2 Dukeares

Dukeares

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 06 July 2011 - 08:29 PM

Manual Patching
Step 1 go to = ftp://ropatch2.gravityus.com/
Step 2 Download all the file that fail to patch [in this case 2011-4-21data_gm.gpf file}
Step 3 download it and save the file you just downloaded to a backup directory / folder
(so you dont need to re-download those files that gets deleted when it fail to path )

Step 4 Copy it to the RO base directory .Example C:\Program Files\Gravity\Ragnarok Online\

Step 5 launch Ragnarok.exewhich is the auto patcher.

Step 6 if it still fail to patch.. Keep doing step 4 or any file that are needed until the patch finally completes and repacks the main data file, and the game will then start.

#3 Dukeares

Dukeares

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 08:35 PM

download ur needed file from ftp://ropatch2.gravityus.com/patch/

#4 DCturtle

DCturtle

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 05:25 PM

Thanks for the reply dude!

So I've tried downloading the file it asks for from the ftp and putting it in my RO folder, however it still tries to get that same file each time I run the patcher, despite the fact that it already has it.... ><

Each time I run the patcher it will go straight to:

Attempt to connect file server. Please wait. and sit at this point for almost half a minute then jump straight to

Failed to get 2011-4-21data_gm.gpf file even after I've copied that file into my RO directory.

No progress bars or anything.

Edited by DCturtle, 07 July 2011 - 05:35 PM.

#5 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 07 July 2011 - 05:33 PM

You can bypass the patch client, just hold the windows key and press R or Start->Run.

"C:\Program Files\Gravity\Ragnarok Online Renewal\Ragexe.exe" -1rag1 (including the quotes)

Note: This will BYPASS patching; this should not be used as a long-term solution, because it won't be long before new headgear or something is added to the client, and the client will crash when you see someone wearing the new headgear (because you're missing the required update).

This is not a solution for patch problems. This is a useful way to forcibly start the client if you don't want to restart all your clients (ex, you've got 4 vends up, and try to start 5th client, and they've added a patch since you last opened client), but if you can't patch, this isn't the solution.
-Azzy

Edited by DrAzzy, 08 July 2011 - 07:13 PM.

#6 Mangolie

Mangolie

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 July 2011 - 06:48 PM

my client tells me: "failed to write file" while repacking whatever.

dunno what it means D:

#7 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 06:51 PM

It means you have the game open while trying to patch, make sure its closed out in your windows task manager. Its Ragexe.exe, if its running, end the process. Task manager can be brought up by right clicking your task bar at the bottom and choosing Task Manager then go to the processes tab and find it and select it and end it.

#8 DCturtle

DCturtle

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 07:14 PM

You can bypass the patch client, just hold the windows key and press R or Start->Run.

"C:\Program Files\Gravity\Ragnarok Online Renewal\Ragexe.exe" -1rag1 (including the quotes)

O_O !!! YOU ARE SAVIOUR!

This works for me!

Thanks!

#9 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 07:15 PM

Just be aware from time to time you need to patch because you are bypassing the patch client.

#10 DCturtle

DCturtle

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 07:20 PM

Cool! So will I be okay as long as I have all the files listed in patch2.txt in my RO directory?

No. The patcher needs to be run to merge the contents of the patch files into data.grf. Unfortunately, it seems that recently, it's not willing to do this if you put the files there yourself. It goes and tries to download them anyway, and if you're failing to get one, it still fails. It's worth trying to run patcher with the patch files in the RO folder - that used to work, but lately many people are saying it doesn't.
-Azzy

Edited by DrAzzy, 08 July 2011 - 07:15 PM.

#11 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 07:39 PM

I think so, its not my area of expertise really, Dr. Azzy does more of this stuff. I'm more concerned as to why its not patching, you're not behind a firewall or something or perhaps your RO directory if you are running window vista/7 then you might need to run Ragnarok.exe as administrator since the patch client writes files to a program directory. This is why I hate windows 7/vista xD

#12 DCturtle

DCturtle

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 08:03 PM

That's cool, yeah I just had a look at a friends RO folder and there aren't any .gpf files lying around, so perhaps the game has applied the patches somehow, but as for me they're just sitting there, so am worried that my game is not actually patched.

It terms of windows 7 and firewall issues, I'm sure that it isn't affecting me because, for the past week before this incident I was playing fine; without having to muck around with firewall or administrator stuff.

There's no way of patching without the patcher is there? XD I know that sounds dumb haha..

Edited by DCturtle, 07 July 2011 - 08:21 PM.

#13 Atha

Atha

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1254 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 08:30 PM

If you get the chance, you could always copy your friend's RO folder to your computer, which would bring yours up to date. If your patcher still doesn't work, then you'll need to repeat that occasionally as missed patches accumulate.

#14 DCturtle

DCturtle

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:23 PM

Yeh haha, that's probably the easiest solution, still wished the patcher would just work though.

O well! XD

Thanks for the advice

#15 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:24 PM

I sent a message to another mod about this topic, he might can help you better so keep a watch out for it if he has some insight.

#16 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:39 PM

There is also this thread that might help too: http://forums.warppo...vistawindows-7/

#17 DCturtle

DCturtle

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 10:20 PM

Cool thanks

Yeah I've already read and posted on that thread XD, not sure if the problem is actually windows7 but I'll keep an eye out there too.

#18 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 08 July 2011 - 07:17 PM

I edited in some comments above where appropriate, because the -1rag1 trick is not a good solution for most players.

I dunno how to solve the failed-to-get errors either. They usually survive a reinstallation of RO, and can strike previously working installations. I have no logical explanation for them, not even any satisfactory illogical ones.
I've been hoping it would occur on my computer so I could watch what was happening with wireshark, but i've so far had no luck getting the error.

#19 DCturtle

DCturtle

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 09:03 PM

Yo, my patcher still doesn't work... at MY place. LOL

I'm at a friends place now to copy his game so I can play the latest patch, but I thought I'd just try run the patcher at his place just to see. And it works! So it must be my router or maybe to do with my ISP.

So yeah just reporting my findings. Hopefully find the solution soon.

#20 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 09:07 PM

I'll keep thinking about it, sure Azzy is too. Unfortunately until we actually encounter the problem or know someone who did we don't really know how to fix it without stabbing in the dark Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users