Soul Linkers and Gunslingers Extinct ? - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Soul Linkers and Gunslingers Extinct ?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Aravindan

Aravindan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • LocationWest Prontera (Opposite to Mail Box)
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 July 2011 - 05:49 PM

I do not have any particular idea in mind but i feel these characters have become extinct.. Its been ages since i last saw a Gunslinger or Tkm or a linker ... I dont have a char among them but it just feels like no one wants to make thm anymore ... Oda and Heim must really think abt this ...

Try putting up some event or so which would require the assistance of these chars or any other way possibly ...

#2 Xancath

Xancath

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 08:39 AM

My kaahi slave would say otherwise sir!

#3 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 08 July 2011 - 08:43 AM

I heard there was plans for a extended (not a good word to use) version of them going to be developed at some point but there is no information right now about it.

#4 SpicyRamen

SpicyRamen

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationEating something in my room
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 28 July 2011 - 11:05 AM

I never quite understood how Sniper wasn't the second class of Gunslinger. Just... I don't entirely see how an Archer turns into that. I mean sure, the job is sound itself, but why not call it Dead Eye or Ranger? Makes more sense.

Though, I have a Gunslinger and I do have to admit that it is rare to see them around nowadays, but that might be due to the fact that there are requirements which newbies probably don't know how to retrieve. Like Trunks and Iron Ore. Although they can be farmed, at the training grounds, their drop rate is quite low.

I do feel the same way as you though, I hope they implement something soon.

Edited by SpicyRamen, 28 July 2011 - 11:05 AM.

#5 Aralyne

Aralyne

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • LocationScotland
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 28 July 2011 - 11:24 AM

I just made a gunslinger the other day for fun and I was surprised to see another gunslinger doing Eden Quests on the same map as me lol. But I do agree that the extended class jobs have been sorely neglected by kRO. However, I have to say that I see Soul Linkers all the time (kaahi slaves). It's ninjas and gunslingers I don't see often, and TKs in general too.

#6 Aravindan

Aravindan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • LocationWest Prontera (Opposite to Mail Box)
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 11 August 2011 - 06:44 AM

I just made a gunslinger the other day for fun and I was surprised to see another gunslinger doing Eden Quests on the same map as me lol. But I do agree that the extended class jobs have been sorely neglected by kRO. However, I have to say that I see Soul Linkers all the time (kaahi slaves). It's ninjas and gunslingers I don't see often, and TKs in general too.

U can alwyas find a slave ... but tht does not mean thy are not extinct ... no one plays those classes as main anymore ... thts wht i meant ...

#7 Noumi

Noumi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 09:42 AM

Its the base level cap issue. Currently extended classes can only reach lvl 99 max. Once that is lifted i believe it should be solved. Soul linkers are not good support for all classes unlike priests. Only certain classes benifit from them. Royal Guards especially. Kaahi goes well with Reflect Damage, and Crusader Spirit with Gloomy Shyness makes your Shield Boomerang deal 10K+ Damage with the right eq, never misses, and at half the cooldown (0.35s). Captain America FTW. :smooch:

The worst thing is that the 2 best soul linker skills imo, Mild Wind and Kaahi, can only be used on yourself or your spouse. Mild Wind is understandable. But at least allow Kaahi to be used on normal party members.

Or is this WPs plot to make us go for VIP status or spend Points getting the marriage oath? :)

Edited by Noumi, 11 August 2011 - 09:44 AM.

#8 Beyond

Beyond

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts
  • LocationThe Cloud
  • Server:Loki -> Ymir -> Chaos

Posted 11 August 2011 - 12:21 PM

I saw a lowbie gunslinger a few days ago killing pecos. It brought a smile to my face, but yea seeing another gunslinger in general is a rare sight. Though I won't be surprised to see a rise in gunslingers in general when the second classes hit. Most of us 99's are just in hiding.

Edited by Beyond, 11 August 2011 - 02:04 PM.

#9 Scott

Scott

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1590 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 06:07 AM

I have a 99/70 Gunslinger and I 99/70'd it in a day during a double exp event. They're really easy to level, and once they're maxed, there's not really a whole lot you can do with them. I made mine in the hopes of their expansion being awesome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users