12 replies to this topic

#1 Iyashii

Iyashii

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 10:29 PM

Greetings!

I have Xpadder setup to use my PS3 controller, but it is not working in Dragon Saga.
Tested and working elsewhere, but not when I load up my game.

Whatever I press on my controller, all I get is open the macro assignment window.
Edit:The game reads all controller input as keyboard button "O".
If I check the gamepad settings in-game, I have the option to configure the gamepad and it works that way.

Problem is, I want my controller buttons to be represented in-game as keyboard keys, and it works fine outside of Dragon Saga.
I do not want to use the in-game settings to set up my controller.

If there anything I am doing wrong or is the game simply not working right?
I used to do this back on Dragonica, but I am an old returning player and am new to Dragon Saga.

Edited by Iyashii, 06 July 2011 - 10:32 PM.

#2 Thuy

Thuy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 July 2011 - 03:28 AM

move the macro hotkey to an unused hotkey

#3 Iyashii

Iyashii

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 06:53 PM

move the macro hotkey to an unused hotkey

Any button/trigger I hit the game opens/closed the macro setup window, and that's all it does.

Example: "X" on my controller is setup through Xpadder for keyboard button "C" for jump or controller button "Triangle" is setup for keyboard button "Z" for heavy attack, but the game only opens/closes the macro setup for anything I press, even though I have the buttons setup for specific keyboard keys.

#4 Thuy

Thuy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 July 2011 - 07:11 PM

Any button/trigger I hit the game opens/closed the macro setup window, and that's all it does.

Example: "X" on my controller is setup through Xpadder for keyboard button "C" for jump or controller button "Triangle" is setup for keyboard button "Z" for heavy attack, but the game only opens/closes the macro setup for anything I press, even though I have the buttons setup for specific keyboard keys.

Did you do what I said? Go to Options --> key/pad setup --> then drag the macro key to the bottom bar (which is the unused hotkey bar).

Edit: I don't mean on your controller or xpadder I mean after you click key/pad setup you see a layout of the keyboard. Move the hotkey on that screen.

Edited by Thuy, 09 July 2011 - 07:14 PM.

#5 Iyashii

Iyashii

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 01:46 AM

Did you do what I said? Go to Options --> key/pad setup --> then drag the macro key to the bottom bar (which is the unused hotkey bar).

Edit: I don't mean on your controller or xpadder I mean after you click key/pad setup you see a layout of the keyboard. Move the hotkey on that screen.

It still does not work.
All that changes is now when I press anything on my controller, nothing happens.

I tried with setting the Macro key in an unused slot with the gamepad settings set and with the gamepad settings cleared.

I can type out in a notepad document from my controller before I start the game, but once the game is running, it does not read anything from my controller.

#6 nillakun

nillakun

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 02:24 PM

Motioninjoy > Get PS3 controller driver maybe? Idk. I got mine to work with lots of pain..

#7 Iyashii

Iyashii

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 05:44 PM

Motioninjoy > Get PS3 controller driver maybe? Idk. I got mine to work with lots of pain..

My PS3 controller works fine, I have everything working including the signed drivers and MotionJoy.

The problem IS NOT the controller, drivers or other software.
Everything works fine OUTSIDE of Dragon Saga.

The problem is when I have everything working for my PS3 controller, it does not work in Dragon Saga.
Dragon Saga is not accepting the keyboard commands I have set for my PS3 controller.

#8 oAya

oAya

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 13 July 2011 - 07:47 PM

The problem IS NOT the controller, drivers or other software.
Everything works fine OUTSIDE of Dragon Saga.

The problem is when I have everything working for my PS3 controller, it does not work in Dragon Saga.
Dragon Saga is not accepting the keyboard commands I have set for my PS3 controller.

Same here.

#9 oAya

oAya

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 16 July 2011 - 08:23 AM

bump #12

I've tried to reinstall the game... but it ddnt work...
Anyone knows how to solve that issue?

Thanks.

#10 Iyashii

Iyashii

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 06:42 PM

bump #12

I've tried to reinstall the game... but it ddnt work...
Anyone knows how to solve that issue?

Thanks.

Yea reinstalling the game will have no affect.
The problem is the game itself, not a problem in the game.

I would very much like to hear from the Devs regarding this issue.

While we wait, does anyone have any other software they have they could try?
I'm not familiar with JoytoKey or other software.

#11 Nolanvoid

Nolanvoid

Nolan Smash!

• Retired
  • 2024 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 18 July 2011 - 01:13 PM

The developers are not available through the forums. The forums are used by the publishing company. We will send a word up to development regarding it.

#12 Iyashii

Iyashii

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 10:06 PM

The developers are not available through the forums. The forums are used by the publishing company. We will send a word up to development regarding it.

Would be very appreciative if you could!

#13 resonantfreq

resonantfreq

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 02:46 PM

To get my buddies PS3 controller working with xPadder I had to use motionjoy WITH xpadder at the same time. Just start and install PS3 drivers through Motionjoy, enable and confirm you're getting a response in motion joy from your controllers and start xpadder, done!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users