• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 poopiehead

poopiehead

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 944 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 12:56 AM

is it good in pvp or pvm or both or neither?

would someone take an reinforced with ~1.4k hp over a chiv with ~250 more defense?

is there some formula or its something that no1 really know?

#2 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 August 2010 - 07:20 AM

The more defense you have, the more you need to add to make a difference. Ie. if you have 1000 defense and you equip an item that gives you 200 more defense it will have a bigger impact than equipting the same item if you hade 5000 defense.

So to answer your question which piece would be better; it depends on your situation. If your hp is low but defense is high the reinforced will grant you a better bonus. However chivalrous armor also gives you more attack power than you can get with reinforced so that is something to consider as well.

#3 poopiehead

poopiehead

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 944 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 10:15 AM

The more defense you have, the more you need to add to make a difference. Ie. if you have 1000 defense and you equip an item that gives you 200 more defense it will have a bigger impact than equipting the same item if you hade 5000 defense.

So to answer your question which piece would be better; it depends on your situation. If your hp is low but defense is high the reinforced will grant you a better bonus. However chivalrous armor also gives you more attack power than you can get with reinforced so that is something to consider as well.

but this "impact" isnt really any specific #? ie. if you had 1000 def, and you use an item with 200 more def, does it reduce damage taken by like...10%? or take 200 less damage. or is defense such a vague stat no1 really knows how much it affects a character?

would a char with 2000 defense be able to tank twice as much as someone with 1000 def assuming they have the same amount of hp?

#4 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 August 2010 - 06:43 PM

I don't have the exact ratio's or formula for that matter but I can clear that up a bit.

The amount defense reduces damage by is a percentage based off the attackers level. The maximum reduction of defense you can reach is 10% I beleive (That is if you reach a certain amount of defense an enemy would deal 10% of the damage they would if you had minumum defense.)

The higher the attackers level is, the slower defense scales and higher the potential maximum defense is. For example for a level 50 character, the maximum defense value is around 2600-2700, however for a level 215 it is probably over 30000.

*Maxmum defense does not mean the max you can reach on that character; your defense can still scale higher (if you have the gears etc. to do so) however increasing your defense past the cap will not decrease the damage taken.

#5 poopiehead

poopiehead

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 944 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 11:54 PM

I don't have the exact ratio's or formula for that matter but I can clear that up a bit.

The amount defense reduces damage by is a percentage based off the attackers level. The maximum reduction of defense you can reach is 10% I beleive (That is if you reach a certain amount of defense an enemy would deal 10% of the damage they would if you had minumum defense.)

The higher the attackers level is, the slower defense scales and higher the potential maximum defense is. For example for a level 50 character, the maximum defense value is around 2600-2700, however for a level 215 it is probably over 30000.

*Maxmum defense does not mean the max you can reach on that character; your defense can still scale higher (if you have the gears etc. to do so) however increasing your defense past the cap will not decrease the damage taken.

ooo, ic. thanks :p_devil:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users