Active v. Passive Skills negate or stack with each other? - Magician Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Active v. Passive Skills negate or stack with each other?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 hotxdog03

hotxdog03

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 03:58 PM

Hi all.

I know this is kind of a newb question, but I'm a little bit confused whether active skills stack together with passive skills, or whether using them together negate each other.

For example:

Combination of Active and Passive Skills:

1. Focus and Staff Mastery: By activating Focus, does it negate the passive effects of Staff Mastery? And if they do negate each other, which skill is better to have?

Combination of Active and Active Skills:

2. Focus and Striking: Do active skills stack up with each other, such as activating Focus and Striking together? Or again, do the skills negate one another? Is striking really worth it?

Random Muddy Mud question:

3. I've used Muddy Mud for F6 and F7s, but it seems like it doesn't really slow down the enemies all that much. Especially the fast ones like skeletons, or dragons. They just seem to run right past through the Mud. Is the skill really worth having/does the skill really slow enemies down to the point where it actually helps?

Thanks in advance for your help/responses

Edited by hotxdog03, 10 July 2011 - 03:59 PM.

#2 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 10 July 2011 - 04:09 PM

Hi all.

I know this is kind of a newb question, but I'm a little bit confused whether active skills stack together with passive skills, or whether using them together negate each other.

For example:

Combination of Active and Passive Skills:

1. Focus and Staff Mastery: By activating Focus, does it negate the passive effects of Staff Mastery? And if they do negate each other, which skill is better to have?

Combination of Active and Active Skills:

2. Focus and Striking: Do active skills stack up with each other, such as activating Focus and Striking together? Or again, do the skills negate one another? Is striking really worth it?

Random Muddy Mud question:

3. I've used Muddy Mud for F6 and F7s, but it seems like it doesn't really slow down the enemies all that much. Especially the fast ones like skeletons, or dragons. They just seem to run right past through the Mud. Is the skill really worth having/does the skill really slow enemies down to the point where it actually helps?

Thanks in advance for your help/responses

No, they do not negate each other. Passive skills and active skills stack, so you can use Focus + Staff Mastery or Focus + Striking and receive the benefits of each.

Striking is really only worth it for naked PvP or at early-to-mid priest levels (45-60 or so) when +500 MATK makes a noticeable difference. It also helps a bit if you're someone who can't afford to or simply won't enchant your weapon much. But if you're an end-game invoker with a +20 weapon or facing opponents with 6-7K+ MDEF, +500 MATK is just a drop in the bucket.

Muddy Mud is nice, but I have to agree with you that currently the effects are a little underpowered (especially in PvP where most players are now stacking a good bit of movespeed). However, in the upcoming New Origin skill balance (still quite a ways off for us, reportedly), Muddy Mud's range and movespeed decrease are *increased*, meaning that it will be affect more foes and it will slow foes down more than it does now. No word yet on how profound the changes are, so we'll just have to wait and see.

Muddy Mud is, IMO, more useful in F7 b/c it's easier to hit numerous enemies with it -- and if used in conjunction with Witch's Curse, Barbarian and Wraith of Heaven (4th job stun skill), you can slow a stream of enemies down quite a bit.

#3 Midoof

Midoof

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • Locationocean
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 12 July 2011 - 12:38 PM

If you have level five muddy mud, you should notice a significant decrease in your target(s) movespeed, one of my favorite skills and works very well in tandem with magnet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users