poison and rune stone ranking - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

poison and rune stone ranking

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 RichestinIRO

RichestinIRO

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 314 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 11 July 2011 - 12:00 PM

is there going to be one since there's ranking for alchemist and blacksmith crafts?

#2 morphine

morphine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1123 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 12:11 PM

What kind of bonuses would being ranked for those give? @_@

If we were ever going to get new rankings, I'd rather it be for +1-10 stat foods (and if they were named). XD It would be more fun anyway... I guess I'm one of the few people who actually likes to cook for fun though... :[

#3 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 11 July 2011 - 12:18 PM

Yeah, then Triki & friends can one shot us all with Storm Blast rather than two shot! :P

#4 RichestinIRO

RichestinIRO

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 314 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 12:32 PM

What kind of bonuses would being ranked for those give? @_@

If we were ever going to get new rankings, I'd rather it be for +1-10 stat foods (and if they were named). XD It would be more fun anyway... I guess I'm one of the few people who actually likes to cook for fun though... :[

i like this idea too except the rankings tend to be class/skill specific (e.g. alchemist and blacksmith) on crafting vs. something everybody can craft (exception of arrow crafting for 3 classes?). i would love it too if they ranked foods though since i make a lot too! +1

Edited by RichestinIRO, 11 July 2011 - 12:33 PM.

#5 Chipotle

Chipotle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1146 posts
  • LocationProntera back alley
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 11 July 2011 - 12:50 PM

Hell Yeah !!! Ranked GX poisons will last twice as long and ranked EDPs do prerenewal damage :P

#6 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 12:55 PM

The problem on rune stones and poisons... Except for the antidote, they are not tradable, so you won't ever have a ranked poison from someone else. So it would be greedy and the market would not work. If they were tradable, but only worked on their respective classes... Then it could work... Or not.

Also, yes. There is the cooking in the game. You need to do a long quest if you want to make the items, you need to drop the hard items from monsters, to cook better stuff and make the foods. [Except for genetics, who need to learn the skill to make the +20 ones]

Unlike genetic food items, that only have low drop from un-bottable monsters [or not], the "normal" cooking items have some MVP loot in their composition.

The foods could have doubled duration when used by ranked people. But there is two problems.

1- Kafra Shop sells the +10 ones.
2- VIP buffs are the +7 stat foods.

#7 RichestinIRO

RichestinIRO

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 314 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 02:05 PM

i just thought of something in line with this - how come only alchemist rankings get reset and not blacksmith and taekwon? if we were to have a poison and rune ranking, should it have a reset too?

#8 cybernetic

cybernetic

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2300 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 July 2011 - 03:02 PM

alchemist are highly sort after.

blacksmith + taekwon are more "for fun" really.

#9 LordVader

LordVader

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 11 July 2011 - 04:43 PM

i just thought of something in line with this - how come only alchemist rankings get reset and not blacksmith and taekwon? if we were to have a poison and rune ranking, should it have a reset too?

I would like to see the blacksmith lists reset. Especially to remove the smiths of old that no longer forge but got such a high rank they are hard to remove or make space for someone that actually produces for the game actively now. But forged weapons suck so hard, don't see why anyone would care to even rank. Add slots to those and maybe will wake up some smith class members to forging.

TK would be interesting to reset aswell. The accumulated pts. over the years become overwhelming for new comers to even desire to take on the TK challenge.

#10 espeon

espeon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 11 July 2011 - 07:23 PM

Blacksmith rankings are supposed to be reset less frequently than Alchemist rankings. No idea about the Taekwon rankings, though. :/

#11 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 11 July 2011 - 11:37 PM

Seeing that gravity hasn't done anything about blacksmith ranking effects I'm pretty sure if there ever was a rune and edp rank list it would end up being a for fun thing.

I'd honestly love to see the blacksmith ranking give some sort of progressive effect as its purely a for fun thing. I think the Tk list still offers some sort of effect so its at least one step removed from being a pure for fun list.

If rune and edp lists were ever made the effects shouldn't be over powering. Something like being able to hold 1 extra rune for each position on the rank list for runes ie rank 10 being 21 runes and 30 for rank #1. For edp maybe 1% increase in duration for each rank position with rank #1 lasting an extra 10%.

#12 HRdevil

HRdevil

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1165 posts
  • LocationMassachusets
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 11 July 2011 - 11:59 PM

Blacksmith ranking are for weapon bonuses that benefits most melee classes. Alchemist potting benefits the entire server. What would Rune Knights rune and Assasins EDP do to benefit others? Save them some pots and get instantly killed? :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users