• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Shiroi17

Shiroi17

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 12:26 PM

I'm trying to figure out the best weapons for Acid Bomb ... I hear a lot about Carga Mace / Red Naght / Hurricane Fury.

But why isn't Red Square Bag among the best weapons? Is it because of the low Atk or because people don't want to swap weapons between AB and CC?

Edit: Just noticed, it's acid terror ... /facepalm

Edited by Shiroi17, 12 July 2011 - 12:28 PM.

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 12 July 2011 - 06:07 PM

Did some quick tests on sakray.

A 2x Dilligent Carga should be comparable to a 3x dilligent red naught, which is comparable to a 3x dilligent elemental sword. There's very little difference in damage.

Now, a hurricane fury will beat the hell out of all of those for damage, but you lose the shield.

Mjolnir of course will do hurricane fury like damage while only using 1 hand. But even I have trouble scaring up a mjolnir to use when I want to level my genetic.

#3 KraziBoi

KraziBoi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 09:39 PM

I was just wondering, I read that cards like hydra and abysal knight doesn't effect the damage, but someone told me it does... so... can someone just clearify me??

#4 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 25 July 2011 - 11:25 AM

The atk portion of the damage is now effected by +% damage cards. They don't add as much as you'd like them to, though.

Pre-renewal, this was not the case.

Edited by DrAzzy, 25 July 2011 - 11:26 AM.

#5 KraziBoi

KraziBoi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 11:40 AM

so will a triple lib red naught do the most damage? or triple dilligent red naught do more dmg in comparison?

#6 naseefc

naseefc

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 12:03 PM

so will a triple lib red naught do the most damage? or triple dilligent red naught do more dmg in comparison?

Neither. If you want to maximize bomb damage, you want a 3x kingbird red sword if you don't have a mjolnir. 3x diligent is a better overall weapon if you would like to also cart cannon with it since kingbird only works for bomb damage.

#7 Prtssguy

Prtssguy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 03:07 PM

Neither. If you want to maximize bomb damage, you want a 3x kingbird red sword if you don't have a mjolnir. 3x diligent is a better overall weapon if you would like to also cart cannon with it since kingbird only works for bomb damage.

From irowiki
"Damage from cart canon does not appear to be affected by special damage mods such as Archer Skeleton card or Glorious Ring."

EDIT: whoops misread. i was headed out the door when i wrote that =0

Confirmed Kingbird affects Acid Bomb? It would appear it doesn't work with cannon.

Edited by Prtssguy, 02 August 2011 - 08:58 PM.

#8 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 04 August 2011 - 12:09 PM

Kingbird does effect AB, but there's uncertainty about whether it will be changed to only effect bows by a future update (this was done on kRO, but on iRO, they instead changed the description to match the effect. Not sure what'll happen here.

#9 Prtssguy

Prtssguy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 02:48 PM

yeah if it were changed that would make one hell of a useless twin edge.

#10 Noumi

Noumi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 06:27 AM

Does ASPD affect the rate at which u can cast Acid Bomb?

#11 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts
  • LocationAFK in Ymir pront
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 05 August 2011 - 08:19 PM

Nope, it's fixed cast. The only things that will make you faster is sacrament from a priest ( cast 50% faster ) and / or Magic Strings from a bard class ( makes it so there is no after cast animation delay so you can immediately cast again without waiting for the damage numbers to come up). ASPD _USED_ to affect bombing in strings, but with the fixed cast time it should not have any effect any more.

#12 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 08 August 2011 - 09:22 AM

Not unless your attack speed is below 175 and you're in int strings with sacrament (that is, if your swing delay is longer than the adjusted cast time + delay of acid bomb). In that case, your bombing speed will be limited by your aspd. You would have to work to get such a low attack speed, since AFAIK, there's no way to get more than 50% reduction to fixed cast time. So unless you're under 175 aspd, your bomb speed is cast time, not aspd, limited.

#13 Noumi

Noumi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 01:02 AM

Did some quick tests on sakray.

A 2x Dilligent Carga should be comparable to a 3x dilligent red naught, which is comparable to a 3x dilligent elemental sword. There's very little difference in damage.

Shouldn't the Carga lose quite abit cause gens have Axe and Sword Mastery to add to sword damage? Axe mastery also adds to swords right? Giving a total of 80 bonus atk when using swords, Or does Axe and Sword mastery not factor into Acid Bomb damage?

#14 Alphacme

Alphacme

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 62 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:34 AM

Not unless your attack speed is below 175 and you're in int strings with sacrament (that is, if your swing delay is longer than the adjusted cast time + delay of acid bomb). In that case, your bombing speed will be limited by your aspd. You would have to work to get such a low attack speed, since AFAIK, there's no way to get more than 50% reduction to fixed cast time. So unless you're under 175 aspd, your bomb speed is cast time, not aspd, limited.

I personally am not investing any points in Agi, since I'm a pure Vit-based Biochemist; as a result, my ASPD is about 154; does that mean my Acid Bomb is slower because of it?

#15 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:38 AM

why did you bump this thread? this thread is over a year old, and your question wasn't even related to the topic.

Anyway to answer your question, your aspd will effect your rate of fire if your animation is longer than your cast time. This mans if you zero out cast time (possible with cart cannon) your animation will always be longer than the cast time. Since there is a minimum amount of time (1 second I believe) even with sacrament on bomb, aspd won't mean much unless you have worse than 150 or so aspd, at which point you become slower than 1 second between attacks. With hell plant and cart cannon, having extremely high dex + magic strings means that higher aspd (easily achievable even with 1 agi) will help your rate of fire on those skills.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users