Im new to Ragnarok...? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Im new to Ragnarok...?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Starfruitie

Starfruitie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 02:51 PM

Im kinda trying to decide on two games, Ragnarok or Dragon Saga. Im gonna try both out, because they both seem like great games. But is Ragnarok worth the download?

Pros and Cons would be useful!

#2 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 12 July 2011 - 02:57 PM

Yes, get it.

#3 Starfruitie

Starfruitie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 02:59 PM

Yes, get it.

Whats good about the game though? Is there alot of quests? Cuz i heard there is alot of grinding. I might try Secret of the Solstice instead :P

#4 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 12 July 2011 - 03:00 PM

There's grinding yes, but there's also plenty of quests and events always going on.

I really don't know what else to say besides give it a try and see what you think. =P

#5 Starfruitie

Starfruitie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 03:02 PM

There's grinding yes, but there's also plenty of quests and events always going on.

I really don't know what else to say besides give it a try and see what you think. =P

How bout the game, Secret of the Solstice? Do you know about that? Ive heard it is similiar to this game... so do you think it is worth the try? or not?

#6 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts
  • LocationAFK in Ymir pront
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 12 July 2011 - 03:09 PM

Well, if you don't worry about being the riches / best / absolutely HAVE to have max level as fast as possible then the game can be a ton of fun. The community is still for the most part quite friendly ( on ymir server anyways, I don't play any other servers so can't say for them ) and helps out new players with cheap gears / advice, sometimes even transcendence fees even since you get 99/50 super fast nowadays.

If you just relax, take your time and have fun with the game, and join a guild that is the same it's great. If you absolutely HAVE to have max level no matter what then yeah it's a grind at higher levels... but I don't know of any game that isn't a grind at all at near max level. It is quite a bit less of a grind than some other games I have played like flyff, that game was a grind from level 1.

#7 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 12 July 2011 - 09:25 PM

How bout the game, Secret of the Solstice? Do you know about that? Ive heard it is similiar to this game... so do you think it is worth the try? or not?

Soltice is the same. Only much more of a grind than RO and isn't as stable. If you're going to start fresh, I'd recommend starting on Ymir server. If you start on Valkyrie, you're not going to be able to go to Ymir without sacrificing a lot of the stuff you'd obtained on Valkyrie. Although on Valkyrie you're allowed to make accounts without having to pay first.

#8 Zalen

Zalen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 12 July 2011 - 10:12 PM

Yea, in my opinion RO is a lot better of a game, with a lot better community. I have played Secret of the Solstice before, and that lasted about 2 hours before I said "Yea this game sucks." But once again that is my opinion. I say give RO a try, but go to the VIP server (No bots, and great community)

#9 Starfruitie

Starfruitie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 05:21 AM

Yea, in my opinion RO is a lot better of a game, with a lot better community. I have played Secret of the Solstice before, and that lasted about 2 hours before I said "Yea this game sucks." But once again that is my opinion. I say give RO a try, but go to the VIP server (No bots, and great community)

Im playing Dragon Saga atm, its a wonderful game :3

Thanks anyways!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users