15 replies to this topic

#1 Eslesa

Eslesa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 135 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 July 2011 - 03:56 PM

Hi, I've never played a Sorcerer before and I really need help on finalizing a build before I get all the way to Scholar.

I'm planning on going PvM/MvP and partial support and will be partying with a to-be Maestro and a to-be Arch Bishop. I don't plan to WoE or PvP at all. I think.

I heard Psychic Wave was helpful so I'm getting that at least (unless someone says so otherwise), and as for the rest of the Sorcerer skills, I. . . don't know. I don't have experience with any of the skills so I don't know what to get, really.

I need all the help I can get for this, as I'm currently almost level 20 as a high mage, and I really don't want to mess up too badly, especially on skills. I tried to get something to work on a skill simulator, but it turns out that I ended up going over points so now I don't know anymore.

As for stats, is max int (whatever that is), 100 dex, and 100 luk good? Or should I add some vit to this, too? I didn't add vit pre-trans so I could get high int and dex with some luk for leveling.

Any help is appreciated, thanks~

#2 Nombus

Nombus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 374 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 14 July 2011 - 07:04 AM

This forum is way too laggy. Deleted due to doublepost.

Edited by Nombus, 14 July 2011 - 07:09 AM.

#3 Nombus

Nombus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 374 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 07:04 AM

It all depends what you want to do with him and what you have available. If PvM you may enjoy hindsight builds mixed in with AoEs. With the right aspd they can MvP alot more efficently than full caster as they mix in the most powerful AoE psycic wave with summons and physical dmg that's all elementally suited to the monster your killing. Further that with the insignias and you can tank a ton of the higher tier mvps with the right armor and kaahi while increasing your dmg. Lots of fun.

I would never suggest getting 100 luck on a Sorc. Int weights very heavily on the spells dmg compared to matk, and you get very little from luck. Vit is very important if you do not want to be killed by your mobs due to high dmg skills or stunning.

The AoE path will get you lvled faster though as its all about mobbing. Remember to get the coorisponding element of endow maxed for whatever AoE you get, it increases the damage dramatically.

Edited by Nombus, 14 July 2011 - 07:08 AM.

#4 Anko

Anko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 07:35 AM

Post your skill build with this sim and we can offer comments: http://irowiki.org/~...ill4/index.html

#5 Eslesa

Eslesa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 01:20 PM

Isn't a Hindsight-type build harder to level, though? At least, without Kaahi or something like that (and I don't plan to marry a Soul Linker just to get Kaahi). Or is it recommended I get a reset after I get to Sorc or something and remake to some Hindsight type? Though personally, I prefer to be just a caster than a battle mage-type.

As for stats, then should it be something like max int, 100 vit and 100 dex?

As for the skill build, it seems I can't really get all of the insignias like I had hoped to do, so which elemental insignias would be recommended to get? Or did I do something wrong with this. . . I found out I did do something wrong, kind of, and I managed to get all the insignias.

The build. How's this look?

Edited by Eslesa, 14 July 2011 - 01:20 PM.

#6 Eslesa

Eslesa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 11:43 AM

I hate to double post, but I'm almost ready to job change and I'd like to know if that build is any good or if I should change it. Please, help me finalize this before I get too far into scholar, thanks.

#7 Anko

Anko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 01:27 PM

I hate to double post, but I'm almost ready to job change and I'd like to know if that build is any good or if I should change it. Please, help me finalize this before I get too far into scholar, thanks.

Will you be able to reset skills later? Once you get psychic wave, double bolt is useless and getting rid of that will save alot of points and you can max out strikings potential or max dispel.

Foresight has limited use for you since you will have strings levelling with the maestro and secrament eventually from the AB. Foresight's use is probably mostly limited to rushing a precast. Get rid of that and increase indulge to 3.

With insignias and summons you can dish out alot of dps as well so personally i would ditch one insignia/summon and then max out the aoes so you can take advantage of the modified damage too. Or you can rely just on psychic wave and the summon elemental mods but psychic wave has a cooldown.

#8 Eslesa

Eslesa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 03:04 PM

I probably could reset, since I have a bunch of points lying around doing nothing right now. Though, if I can, I'll try and get a build that doesn't require a reset if possible.

Okay, so how's this build for the Scholar side?

As for the Sorc side, before I change that, which summon/insignia should I get rid of? And technically, don't all of the AoEs have cooldown too, aside from Psychic Wave?

Also, I'd have to remove something else from the Sorc side to be able to max Striking, wouldn't I? Unless you're somehow able to use 2nd job points into 3rd? But if so, what should I take a point off of to max Striking?

#9 Anko

Anko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 06:13 PM

All the Aoes have cooldowns but what you can do is cast pw and then cast another two during pw's cooldown. But yeah i can't really tell u which summon/insignia to get rid off. Perhaps try them out before you reset and decide from there.

I guess if you are stuck for a point for striking it is ok, just max the endows.

You need dbl bolt maxed to level as a scholar.

For a final build:
http://irowiki.org/~...QkAkDkAdnkDmucY

I put in ME since you are gonna mvp. Also you prob want swall over fwall - i was lazy to change it. I lowered freecast to 1. I'd personally also reduce dragonology to 4 and get fibrelock.

#10 Eslesa

Eslesa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 07:13 PM

I asked the guys I party with which one to take out, and they said earth, so I took out the earth summon/insignia and have gotten the AoEs maxed now.

So I somewhat have 2 builds; one for leveling Scholar, and one after I get Sorc.

I think I got it now, thank you so much.

#11 Anchors

Anchors

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • Server:Chaos, when it's up

Posted 19 July 2011 - 12:42 PM

Once you get psychic wave, double bolt is useless

Wait, so, not to wander too far off topic but would it be worth it to completely get rid of double bolt and the bolt spells after getting PW and maybe at least one other AoE?

#12 Anko

Anko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 09:04 PM

Wait, so, not to wander too far off topic but would it be worth it to completely get rid of double bolt and the bolt spells after getting PW and maybe at least one other AoE?

Once you have your sorc skills to level you won't miss your bolts and tstorm. I waited till i was 150 to reset so i would only need 1 neuralizer.

#13 Anchors

Anchors

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • Server:Chaos, when it's up

Posted 19 July 2011 - 09:24 PM

I haven't used my free reset yet... Was thinking of resetting after I'd gotten 5 PW, 2 Summon Agni (for fire PW, also needs 1 Analyze Element, 1 Spirit Control), and 5 Varetyr Spear or Diamond Dust = job level 15. Never had Tstorm. @_@

I'm also really hesitant about getting a summoning skill at all... How necessary would it be to get Agni at all for the fire-element PW? Currently a pure bolter build going AoE spam.

#14 Anko

Anko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 01:02 PM

I haven't used my free reset yet... Was thinking of resetting after I'd gotten 5 PW, 2 Summon Agni (for fire PW, also needs 1 Analyze Element, 1 Spirit Control), and 5 Varetyr Spear or Diamond Dust = job level 15. Never had Tstorm. @_@

I'm also really hesitant about getting a summoning skill at all... How necessary would it be to get Agni at all for the fire-element PW? Currently a pure bolter build going AoE spam.

A sorc with no summons/insignias is like soda with no fizz. You have to pick and choose what you want though, can't have everything.

#15 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts
  • LocationAFK in Ymir pront
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 21 July 2011 - 11:26 AM

Don't forget about spellfist, it's how hindsight should have worked to begin with. Spellfist builds can be fun, and have some of the AoE skills like PW / DD /EG. Plus spellfist is kinda cheap to level in New World on bradium golems.

That said, if I happen to get any summons on my sorc ( not planning on it since it's a all AoE + striking build ) it would be the water one for leveling in thors volcano.... but that's just me.

#16 Opusdei

Opusdei

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • LocationNorth CA

Posted 08 October 2011 - 12:41 AM

Bumping, this has good info. I wish there's a good guide out there for High Mage to Scholar to Sorcerer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users