RK Ferus alt. colors? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 5 votes

RK Ferus alt. colors?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 13 July 2011 - 08:59 AM

I remember seeing different colored Feruses for Rune Knights quite some time ago. They were supposed to become available but never did, even on kRO/jRO.
It was either in some jRO press conference or hidden in a kRO weekly maint patch.
Found it via google.
From http://ro-projectrev...s-ferus_27.html

Posted Image

To my understanding these are actually already in the client (even iRO probably), just not obtainable in any way.

Since these look awesome, I wonder, do you guys from iRO staff know anything about whether this will ever be really implemented? Or ask whether they forgot about it but could enable it, even just iRO exclusive or something.
Doesn't seem like much work, since the sprites already exist/are just color changes, and you'd probably just have to add an npc, and coupon item if it would be cash shop exclusive.

Anyways, what do people think of these?
More visual variety is good in my book.

(btw any news on alternate sprites for rk or even other 3rd classes? any news on second set of clothing dyes?)

#2 Rutana

Rutana

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1553 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 13 July 2011 - 09:23 AM

The Yellow one surprises me, that's new...
I knew the others already, though, and I appreciate every kind of "dye" ingame ;3
But as far as I know, even though they're in the client, they're not even aviable at kRO right now...
So I guess we'll have at least wait for them untill we get them.
(I'm not sure about this, though, so if someone knows more details, I would be happy to hear them ^^)

#3 Fibrizzo

Fibrizzo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1068 posts
  • LocationA Coruña/Galicia/Spain

Posted 13 July 2011 - 10:00 AM

Wah! But... Ferus are supposed to be green or red. The yellow and blue ones are Acidus >.<

#4 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 13 July 2011 - 10:15 AM

Wah! But... Ferus are supposed to be green or red. The yellow and blue ones are Acidus >.<

Mutation!

#5 Fibrizzo

Fibrizzo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1068 posts
  • LocationA Coruña/Galicia/Spain

Posted 13 July 2011 - 10:53 AM

Mutation!

I didn't see the third eye O.o.O

#6 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 13 July 2011 - 11:00 AM

~(`~ `)~

#7 HRdevil

HRdevil

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1165 posts
  • LocationMassachusets
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 13 July 2011 - 11:07 AM

I want the black one.

#8 Tigra

Tigra

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1656 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 05:10 PM

*points to sig* I've been asking for these for a long while...

PMed Heimdallr about it a while ago.

[quote=Tigra]When will the alternative Rune Knight sprites be implemented (the ones that are on jRO)? The current sprite is atrocious and I feel like it would be relatively simply for you guys to implement the new one. You could also make a lot of money off of it if you put it in. We've been waiting for months now.

Also, not as important, but alt RK and RG mount colors would be cool. Yellow, Blue, and Red dragons.[/quote]
[quote name='Heimdallr]One step at a time Tigra' date=' lets get the sprite first before we start altering the dragons[/quote']

So it seems like the priority is getting the alternate RK sprite first. Based on the time it's taken to do that.... I highly doubt alternate ferus sprites will be available any time soon (more probably never). It's a shame.

#9 SirDouglas

SirDouglas

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 625 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Chaos(RE), Loki(Classic)

Posted 13 July 2011 - 10:18 PM

I want the new rk sprite (metalic dragon).These dragons are very ugly :D

Edited by SirDouglas, 13 July 2011 - 10:21 PM.

#10 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia

Posted 13 July 2011 - 11:45 PM

It's ridiculous how this can take basically any time, not years Posted Image
I would understand if they were aiming to implement alt sprites for all 3rds at the same time, but if they said that it would likely just be another excuse to not do the RK one now.

#11 Akihiro

Akihiro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1235 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 13 July 2011 - 11:49 PM

Probably will never happen considering there weren't Ferus dyes done for the new Rune Knight.

#12 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia

Posted 14 July 2011 - 06:15 AM

It's totally extremely difficult to make different colored sprites. They have to figure out how to switch palette only for half of the sprite oh my gawd impossible.

#13 Hacks

Hacks

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 534 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 09:31 AM

how about we get more character dyes first? the current selection sucks outloud. i know i've already made the point of how much work goes into adding each additional dye but really it's about time something be done, even if it's just 1 more color for everybody. i know i cant count on iRO staff to take care of this but i wonder, if the users were to come up with a solution, would such a submission even be considered for inclusion? i've a few ideas on how to implement a few things that could potentially free iRO staff from both the making of palettes for each class/color required as well as any legal liability over ownership of files that needs a bit of banging out that i'll probably bother the GM team about later.

#14 DieNasty

DieNasty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1395 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 14 July 2011 - 10:17 AM

No thanks I'd rather walk.

#15 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Loki Champ & Chaos RG

Posted 14 July 2011 - 10:25 AM

I'll go for the new metalic ferus, and with these rainbow-like feruses, I don't wanna see Prontera and WOE look like Reptile-Disco... /e5

#16 Malfurio

Malfurio

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 11:35 AM

shotgun on the blue one!

#17 Susan

Susan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1024 posts
  • Server:ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Posted 14 July 2011 - 11:39 AM

changing the green ferus to a different colour?

blasphemy.

#18 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia

Posted 14 July 2011 - 11:40 AM

how about we get more character dyes first? the current selection sucks outloud. i know i've already made the point of how much work goes into adding each additional dye but really it's about time something be done, even if it's just 1 more color for everybody. i know i cant count on iRO staff to take care of this but i wonder, if the users were to come up with a solution, would such a submission even be considered for inclusion? i've a few ideas on how to implement a few things that could potentially free iRO staff from both the making of palettes for each class/color required as well as any legal liability over ownership of files that needs a bit of banging out that i'll probably bother the GM team about later.

If it doesnt result in saturated aka pserver looking sprites, I'd love to hear more about this :)

#19 Juno

Juno

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 12:03 PM

I'll go for the new metalic ferus, and with these rainbow-like feruses, I don't wanna see Prontera and WOE look like Reptile-Disco... /e5

#
I loled xD
So DragonBreah will be an awesome light and effect show :)

I would love to see more costumization (Damn dont know how to write that word xD). Hate to look like everyone else. I AM SPECIAL!!!

#20 Rutana

Rutana

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1553 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 July 2011 - 12:45 PM

It's totally extremely difficult to make different colored sprites. They have to figure out how to switch palette only for half of the sprite oh my gawd impossible.

Actually, the palettes are allready done :) But they're not aviable at any server (afaik) yet.

Heim stated that they're working on getting the 2nd alternative dye from kRO, but because other things are more important (like skill balancing and stuff), this may take a while.

Edited by Rutana, 14 July 2011 - 12:46 PM.

#21 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia

Posted 14 July 2011 - 12:55 PM

I don't think that enabling more clothing dyes is so much work that it could really affect any other update release. I mean the second set of cloth dyes is in the client for years, just no npc and coupon to get them.

And if thats really the excuse, then we won't ever see them, as the game cannot be balanced through the current approach.

#22 Tigra

Tigra

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1656 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 01:33 PM

The thing that annoys me is that it would take like a whole hour to implement the alts. They already exist. Instead they're busy putting in stupid lucky boxes every month that cost $15 each.

#23 Rutana

Rutana

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1553 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 July 2011 - 11:44 PM

I don't think that it's getting delayed and that other things are more important because it's "such a hard work".
I think that they'll need the ok from headquarters - and because other things they need an ok for are more important and korea may not generally say "ok" to everything, this stuff is delayed.
iRO isn't fRO, where they just put everything ingame they like - inkl. P-Server advertisment from an P-Server event they copied and terrible clothing dyes :)

#24 Mwrip

Mwrip

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...

Posted 15 July 2011 - 12:07 AM

Reptile-Disco

That needs to be a band name. :)

#25 AtlasThunderbeef

AtlasThunderbeef

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 905 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 15 July 2011 - 04:27 AM

You know what I want?

A good answer.

Why don't we have the sprites for the new Rune Knight yet, and why are the different colors not in.

If the different colored mounts haven't been created on the other servers (kro/jro) then that's fine.

But give us an answer. For example "We can't use them until -insert date- because that's what HQ has told us."

We have been waiting for literally, months on end. This is just like everything--_-ing-else with this game.
You order something- oh no the shipping of the Arch Bishop Figurine took 4 months to get to you. We'll give you a kawaii headgear which you already got as compensation.

And yes. If more of this happens I will pull up the iRO OST disks as well. You guys have a bad record with most things.

You know what having a bad record leads to? Distrust. I don't trust you guys anymore. "Oh we'll get new stuff in june".
Bull-_-, it's July nearing on August.

Don't piss in my ear and expect me to get a tissue for your dick GM's.

Edited by AtlasThunderbeef, 15 July 2011 - 04:28 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users