Scamer erraser idea 100% workable for both sides - Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Scamer erraser idea 100% workable for both sides

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Emtaxon

Emtaxon

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 09:10 AM

Well i got scammed loads of times and its getting annoying really. I know loads of people who like the game but gave up because of scamers. This idea involves a new item mall item which can seal all the other items bought so u can put them up for auction or trade then directly. The new item should be also be bough with Mall Points ( 100-200 at most i figure ). This benefits both the player ( no more scams unless they are cheap scapes and want to get the item without paying for the sealer which mean they deserve to get scammed in the first place ) and the developers ( every transaction need the paying player to put use more money $_$ ). Hope u read and consider my proposal. Thank you in advance.

P.S. The game is great but the scammers ruin your work.

#2 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 15 July 2011 - 09:47 AM

This is a suggestion a sent some time ago:

Seeing the latest adds in the mall, mostly with the lucky packs, i think that isnt going in the right direction. Sure, some boosts in the amount of hp and stats isnt bad, but when it become in a too big adventage for pve and pvp, then something isnt right.
Ofc, i dont ask to remove the things that are alredy there. My request is more in the lines of change the direction, to give people things that they want but at the same time that dont give a huge adventage (sure, the mall items should give an adventage, that is why people buy them, but not something that make them gods compared to the ones that dont have those items) over the rest of the players.

My suggestions are:

-More Costumes and Mounts: people like those things and buy them. Each time that a new model go out, people buy it because is different. My suggetion here is to introduce not only new models but in the case of the costumes, it also could add new colors of some of the costumes we alredy have.

-Look: add items to let the players change the hair style and color and the face style. And not only change them, but add new styles and colors (hair) that arnt available during the character creation. Some of those models are alredy in the game, in the bartuk, kruxena and turans npcs; and also come with the costumes, so, it shouldnt be that hard to implement them.

Sure, someone could said that those items wont give much money, after all, how many times someone could change their look. Well, i would said, everything helps and most players would change at least once.

-Sex Change: another item that could be useful if was added. This item should come with a change name, for obvious reasons, meaning that probably the best way to add it would be in a lucky pack that bring both items and only appear from time to time.

-Duration: a wider variety of durations for the items that last x amount of time, could be a good thing. We alredy have that for the xp scrolls (for example), but could be nice for other kind of items. For example, a 1 week costume or a 1 week rex.

-Prepay: add more prepay items. I was thinking that all the mall items that last 1 day or less, should have a prepay version (ofc, more expensive than the normal one).

-Sealled: there should be more sealled items in the mall or sealled versions of the items. Even better, all the item mall should be sealled, that way the players would be able to trade them directly. This probably would reduce the amount of scams by a lot.

That is all for now, thx a lot for take the time to read this.

Nadesh

Answer:

Thank you for your feedback,

I can tell you that several of these ideas have already been brought up for discussion and are being considered. We currently have requested to have Item Mall items be sealed for restoration purposes, but selling them in the Item Mall may be a valid option.

If you have any further suggestions or any questions, please contact us again so that we can assist you further.

Eric

I think that all the mall items should be sealled, and there is no need or an item mall that seal the others. But such an item still could have some applications.

#3 MakoXD

MakoXD

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7028 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:TERA

Posted 15 July 2011 - 10:33 AM

I think that all the mall items should be sealled, and there is no need or an item mall that seal the others. But such an item still could have some applications.

all items sealed would suck.

imagine Reinforce Success Rate Up + Reinforce Insurance + Reinforcement Protection , each of them 50 ... unseal that would talk long. (and make these stackable to 10 or 99 please , bags already full with much other stuff)

all items unbound and tradeable would be better. and maybe better for prices too

Edited by MakoXD, 15 July 2011 - 10:34 AM.

#4 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 11:23 AM

If they make those items stackable, there wouldnt be a problem if were sealed, since it would un-seal them all together.

Some items could be tradeable by default, but the adventage of the seal, is for the ones that have a timer. With the seal, the time dont go down, if those items were tradealbe but not sealed, then one would have the risk that the item run out in the auctioneer.

Then, the best solution would be to make the ones that can expire to be sealed and the ones that are permanent, to be tradeable (without seal).

#5 Chardane

Chardane

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1103 posts
  • Location3rd Planet from the Sun
  • Server:Valdes

Posted 16 July 2011 - 02:04 AM

You can avoid all this by allowing people to trade in Item Mall points directly or indirectly.

Suggestion Here:

http://forums.warppo...avoid-scammers/

GIVE ME REP.

#6 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 06:15 AM

Yes, to be able to trade the points directly would be good, but if that was the case, they should add the option to sell those in the Auctioneer and Personal Shops.

#7 Kraizer666

Kraizer666

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Hammerine

Posted 16 July 2011 - 06:41 AM

Then stop trading with random people. Only Trade with someone you've known-in game for a while.

I've never been scammed.

Just get the lant in parts. Example, if you're selling 300 IM pts. They give you 1.5mil for the first costume, you send it. They give you the rest, you send whatever else they needed.

#8 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 06:52 AM

Yes, if one is careful enough, maybe never get scammed. But be able to trade the mall items directly would also have other benefits, besides of reduce the scams by a lot. One of those benefits of be able to sell in the Auctioneer is that all would be able to buy the mall items, instead of a few that know the seller and are controlling all the time when the seller get points and buy all them all.

#9 MakoXD

MakoXD

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7028 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:TERA

Posted 16 July 2011 - 05:53 PM

ItemMall Coupons [50] [100] [500] [1000]

like Theme Battle / FoC / IonMine / SvS Reward Points [xxx]

in Mall (unbound of course) could be great

and we could get them in events too