• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ThePhungus

ThePhungus

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 10:51 PM

I read through the forumns and i can't find anything specific about a crit sin build. Could anyone give me some pointers? Im not going to be doing any pvp. I just want to be able to pwn monsters until im high enough to farm for good gear =)

#2 neoyagasaki

neoyagasaki

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • LocationFt Hood, TX

Posted 26 August 2010 - 11:52 PM

Depends on which build you are looking to go with...

There are two types of crit sins... Natural and Equip crits... Natural crits draw the majority of their crits from their stats... Equip crits draw the majority of their crits from their equipped gear...

Natural Crit
Pros: Skills that strip or break gear does not effect this build's ability to do crits; Since you are not reliant on a specific gear set, you have the flexibility with choosing what types of armor you'd like to use; Natural crits can greatly boost their crit rate when coupled with gear and card sets used by Equip crits.
Cons: Since you are having to invest stats into LUK, that means there are less points to invest for STR, AGI, DEX, and VIT (depending on your preference). That means that while you can achieve a higher crit rate (especially if you are wearing gear for equip crits), you may have a slower top ASPD, do less damage, and have less life.

Example of a Natural Critical build and equips (borrowed from Alexander Grave's Assassin guide):
Final Stats at 99:
STR: 95+15=110
AGI: 70+11=81
VIT: 28+2=30
INT: 1+4
DEX: 22+8=30
LUK: 53+0=53

Equips:
Hot-blooded Headband
Evil Wing Ears
Carded Thief Clothes (Pupa Card is a good one to start with)
Carded Jurs/Elemental Katars (+10 crit damage/+7% crit carded)
+9 Superior Shoes/Boots
2 Rings [1] (Kobold carded)

Equip Crit
Pros: Since the crit rate is determined by gear, you will not have to invest as many points into LUK, leaving more stat points available for investing in STR, AGI, DEX, and VIT. This means that you can potentially have a higher attack, faster ASPD, higher hit rate (which really, only starts to matter later in the game for MVPs and high level monsters), and a higher amount of HP.
Cons: Skills that strip or break gear can heavily impact this build's ability to do crits; Reliant on specific card/gear sets; Generally more expensive, since the specific card/gear sets are usually in high demand; Will have a lower percentage of crits than a similarly geared Natural crit build.

Example of an Equip Critical build and equips (borrowed from Alexander Grave's Assassin guide):
STR: 97+13=110
AGI: 78+11=89
VIT: 28+2=30
INT: 1+4
DEX: 22+8=30
LUK: 37+13=50

Equips:
+4 Morriganes Helm
Evil Wing Ears
Carded Thief Clothes (Pupa Card is a good one to start with)
Carded Jurs/Elemental Katars
+4 Morrigane's Manteau
+9 Superior Shoes/Boots
Morrigane's Pendant
Morrigane's Belt

As you can see, both have their pros and cons. Both can (and do) perform well overall. It's really just a matter of preference and how much time/zeny you want to invest into them...

I myself, use the natural crit build, but I use a lot of the equips from the equip crit build... With the full morrigane set, I average an 80% crit rate (I would estimate)... With a priest buffing me and some ASPD potions, I can easily jump to 90% with an attack that is fast as hell...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users