10 replies to this topic

#1 seraphbowler

seraphbowler

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 18 July 2011 - 06:15 AM

Im in the process of building a Wizard and was always interested in the Fire Pillar skill but for some reason it seems like a waste?

would you recommend getting Fire Pillar as a wiz?

I was thinking about using with Stone Curse and sightrasher to max damage...

#2 Anko

Anko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 07:02 AM

Stone curse sucks now don't get it. There was 2 steps to stone curse in pre-R: stoning and stoned. Now there is no stoned part to stone curse and the target is immediately free so you are unlikely to be able to combo anything and i'm not sure if they are even changed to earth property in the first step.

To properly stone someone now you need to use sienna execrate the warlock skill.

#3 seraphbowler

seraphbowler

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 07:22 AM

Stone curse sucks now don't get it. There was 2 steps to stone curse in pre-R: stoning and stoned. Now there is no stoned part to stone curse and the target is immediately free so you are unlikely to be able to combo anything and i'm not sure if they are even changed to earth property in the first step.

To properly stone someone now you need to use sienna execrate the warlock skill.

I havent played in a while so I havent gotten a chance to use Stone Curse yet, but all i was really interested in was changing the property to earth so fire pillar can be more effective. Im not to conserned with keeping them in place.

but yeah idk if its worth getting Fire Pillar or not. It seems good but can it do a lot of damage?

#4 Anchors

Anchors

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • Server:Chaos, when it's up

Posted 18 July 2011 - 08:32 AM

Fire Pillar, like other trap skills, cannot be placed under your target, which means a petrified target will not be able to walk onto it /swt

I know that during the petrifying-in-process wait time of petrification, your target's property definitely changed to earth... I don't see why they would have changed it since it was the only real reason to use SC back then o.o

Also, I thought the fully petrified status was still there. At least, I thought I had seen it on my character, but it never lasts more than 1 attack delay... Is it verified that there's no fully petrified status any longer?

#5 Anko

Anko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 08:55 AM

Fire Pillar, like other trap skills, cannot be placed under your target, which means a petrified target will not be able to walk onto it /swt

I know that during the petrifying-in-process wait time of petrification, your target's property definitely changed to earth... I don't see why they would have changed it since it was the only real reason to use SC back then o.o

Also, I thought the fully petrified status was still there. At least, I thought I had seen it on my character, but it never lasts more than 1 attack delay... Is it verified that there's no fully petrified status any longer?

When i used it right after renewal, the target instead of entering into stone mode was immediately able to move right after. I did test it several times to make sure and each time without fail the same thing happened and i'm sure it wasn't a well timed bless each time as i saw no animation. I got rid of it a while after and never used it again.

----------

The only way it will work then is if the pretrifying target walks into the fire pillar themselves. :thumb:

#6 Anchors

Anchors

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • Server:Chaos, when it's up

Posted 18 July 2011 - 09:28 AM

Is it also certain that the time spent fully petrified wasn't reduced to zero from some kind of stat providing resistance?

If so, then I guess that's another skill mages simply never need to consider leveling past pre-requisite levels, haw.

#7 seraphbowler

seraphbowler

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 10:59 AM

Well even when the target is petrified and i set the fire pillar right in front of it, can I use sightrasher to knock it into the enemy? or visa-versa?

plus im just looking for if fire pillar is worth getting?...lol

#8 Caelum

Caelum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 118 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 July 2011 - 01:14 PM

Regardless of the broken mechanics for Stone Curse, Fire Pillar is NOT worth getting.

#9 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 18 July 2011 - 05:04 PM

If only backsliding and snap is disabled while taking dmg from Fire Pillar, it would have been worth it..... But right now, don't bother getting it. If you need traps, you got Rangers for that.

#10 Azyrk

Azyrk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 18 July 2011 - 10:37 PM

I put my last skill point into Fire Pillar as Wizard to test it out, and I would say you are better off putting the points into something else.

#11 seraphbowler

seraphbowler

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 04:01 AM

Thanks guys... looks like Fire Pillar is out for me...lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users