Botting Seal 2 - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Botting Seal 2

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#26 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 19 July 2011 - 02:43 PM

yeah, exactly like valk which is 100 for each seal. then again, it may even out as ymir rolls seals quicker so you get more chances to do a seal 2, but valk is slower but has more oppurtunity once it is open. you can definately get a 3x bm in and get it done 3-4 times on valk though w/o having to worry about it closing

#27 ExDarkrb

ExDarkrb

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1234 posts
  • LocationSingapore
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 July 2011 - 02:46 PM

Trust me, bots aren't as fast as real players playing. The only reason someone is fast and leaves after that is because he left something in storage and goes to take it or that person just has fast connection

#28 Kenichi

Kenichi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 512 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 19 July 2011 - 03:17 PM

btw im using G15, in a healthy way, and other players pass me like nothing either way, mainly because my internet ....
Having the Keyboard haven't made me any bit faster in loading screens, chats or anything as far as i can tell.
I can understand the macro part of it being unfair though, but there most likely are various methods of being able to use macros.

#29 AhinaReyoh

AhinaReyoh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1088 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 03:51 PM

Even with a 100 count, Valk's 2nd seal still closes pretty fast. I can never seem to catch it open anymore.

#30 Xerloris

Xerloris

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 06:04 PM

I'm sure some people have made bots for seal2 but most people you think are bots are simply just faster than you. I can run seal2 in about 13 minutes and I'm sure there are people that's faster.

#31 Braska

Braska

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1353 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 19 July 2011 - 06:13 PM

8 here!

Edited by Braska, 19 July 2011 - 06:13 PM.

#32 Unifan

Unifan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 711 posts
  • Server:Private Server

Posted 19 July 2011 - 10:33 PM

lol

#33 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 19 July 2011 - 10:37 PM

yeah 7-10 min is usually the standard if most things go smoothly in a run, wonder if people would buy services to do seal 2 for them

Edited by Andini, 19 July 2011 - 10:37 PM.

#34 DeltaRay

DeltaRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1076 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 10:38 PM

12 minutes for me, per seal 2

#35 sara

sara

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • LocationNeverland

Posted 19 July 2011 - 11:53 PM

takes me roughly 15 minutes to do the quest once.. after doing it so many times, you get to the point where you know when to spam enter and when not too. I suggest running through the quest and memorizing it ^^;

#36 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 02:16 AM

why have a delete button if you can't delete?

Anyway, there are some obvious cheaters using client hacks and stuff (had a GX wandering around while spamming the drunken pront bar text) but for the most part it depends where you live.

I KNOW my ping is on the high side at 200-250, which means each dialog screen is taking ~400ms or so. compare that to someone with 50 ping who takes 100ms round trip and you can understand why some can simply spam through the spammy NPC's faster than you.

Theres a lot of other little tips and tricks, G15 keyboard or w/e doesnt have much to do with anything. Also clicking isnt faster than spamming enter. clicking AND spamming enter is faster (preferably alternating pattern in time with your ping lol).

There's your problem. You can avoid about 14 screens of dialog by always choosing the second option instead.

Darn, I just revealed another seal 2 secret.

yeah you walked in and did that one time i was going through, was like "wuuh?".

Theres a lot of little things like this that can speed up seal runs.

Edited by Hrothmund, 20 July 2011 - 02:26 AM.

#37 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:retired

Posted 20 July 2011 - 02:28 AM

had a GX wandering around while spamming the drunken pront bar text

Have you considered that he may not have been talking to the NPC? It only takes one person talking to the NPC (and choosing the first option) to make everyone in range "spam" that text.

(Also, as everyone knows, talking to NPC + walking => DC.)

Edited by renouille, 20 July 2011 - 02:31 AM.

#38 Mwrip

Mwrip

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...

Posted 20 July 2011 - 02:32 AM

I highly doubt anyone bothered to write a bot just to run the seal. The regular runners just have the whole damn thing memorized at this point, and if on a connections that don't fail at life like mine does, can spam through NPCs rather quickly.

What the fact that people have the quest memorized that thoroughly shows though, is just how bad pretty much every other quest reward in the game blows. We *really* need more story-based quests that are worth running, and aren't event-only.

#39 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 06:08 AM

Have you considered that he may not have been talking to the NPC? It only takes one person talking to the NPC (and choosing the first option) to make everyone in range "spam" that text.

(Also, as everyone knows, talking to NPC + walking => DC.)

oh yup the text was appearing above his head. Unless he had copy pasted it to ctrl+1~9 and was just being a-_- lol.

#40 Fibrizzo

Fibrizzo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1068 posts
  • LocationA Coruña/Galicia/Spain
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 20 July 2011 - 06:13 AM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=EqvyGVBp05I

Your connection makes a huge difference when talking to NPC's.

..and the part where you type. Maybe they just copy and paste?

I have the same problem here in Spain... xD But I realize there are a hugenormous distance to the server (9 hours difference... xD)

#41 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• 2448 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 20 July 2011 - 06:38 AM

oh yup the text was appearing above his head. Unless he had copy pasted it to ctrl+1~9 and was just being a-_- lol.

Well... yeah. Where else would it appear? The NPC does an effect that makes every client in range do the dazzler text.

#42 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 07:20 AM

Your connection makes a huge difference when talking to NPC's.

..and the part where you type. Maybe they just copy and paste?

I don't think my ping is too high. I'm about 40 minutes away from their main server location so my connection should be pretty solid. While someone could spam text fast, there were 2 npcs I saw this person at, and one was comodo and the other was jawaii. I was at the npc both times and then this sura walked up and walked away just as fast. Didn't catch the name.

#43 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• 2448 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 20 July 2011 - 08:20 AM

I don't think my ping is too high. I'm about 40 minutes away from their main server location so my connection should be pretty solid. While someone could spam text fast, there were 2 npcs I saw this person at, and one was comodo and the other was jawaii. I was at the npc both times and then this sura walked up and walked away just as fast. Didn't catch the name.

Pop quiz:

How many times do you have to click on each of those two NPCs to pass?

#44 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 12:36 AM

Well... yeah. Where else would it appear? The NPC does an effect that makes every client in range do the dazzler text.

The point was he was walking in circles around the room & me in the room while randomly spamming the stuff. i.e. he was walking around while talking to the NPC or faking to troll me which seems a bit elaborate for the common troll. Not talking about the text showing up in chat. talking. while moving. to a NPC. shouldn't be possible without editing the client in some way to bypass the "DC while talking to NPC" thing.

#45 Wiggles

Wiggles

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 844 posts
  • Server:Ymir (Retired)

Posted 21 July 2011 - 01:16 AM

The point was he was walking in circles around the room & me in the room while randomly spamming the stuff. i.e. he was walking around while talking to the NPC or faking to troll me which seems a bit elaborate for the common troll. Not talking about the text showing up in chat. talking. while moving. to a NPC. shouldn't be possible without editing the client in some way to bypass the "DC while talking to NPC" thing.

How can you know that he was talking to the NPC though?

#46 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• 2448 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 21 July 2011 - 03:18 AM

Or: he was walking in circles around the room while someone else talking to the NPC was making him spam the stuff. No degree of client editing is going to bypass the server DCing you. In fact that's how you can tell when someone is not talking to an NPC.

#47 Tigra

Tigra

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1656 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 03:41 AM

Pop quiz:

How many times do you have to click on each of those two NPCs to pass?

Is the answer 10?

5 for Jawaii (6th click isn't necessary), and 5 for comodo?

#48 Xerloris

Xerloris

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 03:48 AM

People need to stop accusing everyone of some sort of cheat just because they're ignorant.

#49 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• 2448 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 21 July 2011 - 04:40 AM

Is the answer 10?

5 for Jawaii (6th click isn't necessary), and 5 for comodo?

5 for jawaii, 4 for comodo :waddle:

#50 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD
  • Server:Chaos - Animosity Leader

Posted 21 July 2011 - 05:56 AM

I think that people are failing to realize that...increasing the seals to 100 each just means that everybody who hasn't made god items yet will have to do twice the work that we did, since we managed to get by with only 50 quests per seal. While it may slow down our creations some, it just means more work for you guys in the end. :waddle:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users