Hastur

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1553 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 July 2011 - 03:25 AM

Professions Guide

� What is Professions?

- It is a system that allows users to obtain items by using gathering and/or producing job skills
- Items obtained from Gathering Skills are processed into ingredients using Process Skills, and those ingredients can be used for upgrading equipment or obtaining special items by using the Production Skills.
� Different Job Skills
- 1st Skill: Activities that gather items with gathering tools
- 2nd Skill: Activities that can process harvested items from 1st Skill to ingredients.
- 3rd Skill: Activities that can produce result items by using ingredients from 2nd Skill.

Profession Skill Table

Attached File  Gathering.png   8.3KB   35 downloads

� Skills involved in Professions
- Main Skill : The basic skill of Profession system
- Secondary Skill: Player can learn if they reach a certain mastery level of the main skill. (Part of 1st Profession Skill, it's more efficient than main skill.)
- Aid Skill: Players can aid other players to use Profession skills by using this skill. It can be learned if they reach certain level of mastery of main skill.(Part of Processing Skill, it's very helpful to increase skill mastery)
- Master Skill : Reward skill, for mastering one of Profession skill

� 1st Profession Skill: Gathering
A. What is Gathering Skill?
- Players can obtain harvested items by using gathering tools instead of weapons. Players can use the harvested items to create ingredients for useful items that can be used to upgrade armors and weapons.
- Items obtained from Gathering Skill are needed for Processing and Production skills.
- There are no monsters in gathering map, so players can safely equip gathering tools instead of weapons.

B. Learning 1st Profession skill, Gathering
i. Profession NPC
- You can learn Profession skills from Producer NPC, Midas at the Northeast area of Port of Winds.
ii. Conditions and Expense on 1st Profession skill, Gathering
- Minimum Character Level to learn Profession skill: Character completed 1st Job Class Promotion (If a player is not qualified to learn the skill, required condition will be shown in Red on the skill list window.)
- Prerequisite to learn Aid Skill: Character must have 1st main skill at level 300 or higher.
- Gold required to learn 1st Profession Skill : 2 Gold,
(When additional Profession Skill is learned, the expense will be 2.5 times more expensive than previous expense.)

Example:
Learn "Logging" Skill = 2 Gold
Then to learn "Metal Mining" Skill on the same character = 5 Gold
Then to learn "Herb Gathering" Skill on the same character = 12.5 Gold
And so on:
iii. Using Manuals to learn skills
- To obtain certain items, the skill must be learned by purchasing the manual.
- The manuals can be purchased from NPC Midas, and once the skill is learned (right click the item) you can start to gather items you couldn't before.
- As skill level rises, more manuals are needed to obtain the higher level items. (The character's skill level must meet the minimum level required to use the manual)
- 1st gathering item does not require a manual to start gathering. Higher mastery level items require the use of the manual.
C. Using 1st Profession skill
i. Checking learned skill and using the right tools
- "H" hot-key can be used for the list of learned Profession skills.
- If you'd like to remove one of your skills, press H and click 'Delete' button next to the skill.
- Related 'Tool', 'Location' and 'Required Level' can be seen on the skill's description.
- 'Tools' for Profession skill can be bought through NPC Midas.
(Conversation with NPC Midas -> Click 'Shop')

(Make sure you purchase the correct tool that can be used for your Profession you learned.)
ii. Location for Gathering skills
- Gathering can only be done at the new gathering map accessible through a warp portal. The warp portal is located left of NPC Midas (Northwest area of Port of Winds)
iii. Using 1st Profession skills
� Locating the right area to activate Profession skills
- At each area for gathering skill, there are signs that show required mastery level.
- The signs are separated into 5 levels (from 100 to 500). Players can activate their 1st Profession skills if their skill level is equal to or higher than the posted sign.
Ex) If a player has 230 mastery of [Gathering] Logging skill:
- A can activate [Gathering] Logging skill where a tree has '200' sign

When a player has 'blue' effect on the ground, he can activate the skill.

- When you activate the skill, your character will keep using the skill until you cancel the action. (It means, once you activate the gathering skill, the character will keep going until you move the character.)
- Gathered items are stored in 'Misc Inventory'
- Gathered harvests are divided into 6 groups based on their qualities. And 5 kinds of harvests ([Lv.1] ~[Lv.5]) can be used for next Profession skill, 'Processing'.
<Tip> 'Lucky Place'
- Advantage of 'Lucky Place': Chance to obtain higher quality items.
- Locating 'Lucky Place' : it will appear randomly (and also disappear after certain amount of time)
� Learning Secondary Skill
(Screenshot: Character is using Secondary skill called [Gathering Booster] Chainsaw, which is Secondary skill of [Gathering] Logging.)
- What is Secondary skill? : Player can learn if they reach the required main gathering skill level. When Secondary skill activates, its possible to get 2 harvests in one attempt.
- Prerequisite to learn: Must reach the required main gathering skill level.
(Screenshot: When you check out skill list to learn, you can see each Secondary skill is listed right under the related main Gathering skill.

Ex) [Gathering] Logging's Secondary skill, [Gathering Booster] Chainsaw is listed under [Gathering] Logging (related main skill)
- Secondary skill can be learned after reaching 300 main gathering skill level
- After you learn Secondary skill, the secondary skill tool is needed (Purchase at NPC Midas), to use the skill.
- Below list shows Secondary skills and required tools.
- Secondary skill tools are equipped in the Shield slot.
- Secondary skill is a passive skill that is randomly activated.
(Therefore skill cannot be placed on the hotkey bar.)

#2 Meganekko

Meganekko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 924 posts
  • Location305

Posted 20 July 2011 - 03:28 AM

Why is it filled with tons of "�?� " fp

nice copy and paste hastur B)

PS:*New Replies Pinned 7-Eleven and Dragonica someone mis-pinned. :F

Edited by Meganekko, 20 July 2011 - 03:39 AM.

#3 drago9321

drago9321

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 237 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in The World :P
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 20 July 2011 - 03:38 AM

2nd

so long i only read the first part X.x

Edited by drago9321, 20 July 2011 - 03:39 AM.

#4 Maronu

Maronu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2358 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 03:44 AM

Why is it filled with tons of "�?� " fp

nice copy and paste hastur B)

PS:*New Replies Pinned 7-Eleven and Dragonica someone mis-pinned. :F

Damn, I wanted that event. #6

#5 Slayze

Slayze

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 03:59 AM

[/steal-praises]

So there's a reward (Master skill) for mastering (level 500) skills?

And "Aid" skill = "Secondary" skill?
Or is there two different skills you get with a skill at 300?

Thanks for the detailed info on the learning costs though.

#6 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts
  • LocationDefinitely in my zone
  • Server:Spamonica

Posted 20 July 2011 - 04:01 AM

[/steal-praises]

Hi Slayze! B)

#7 Nolanvoid

Nolanvoid

Nolan Smash!

• Retired
  • 2024 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 04:09 AM

[/steal-praises]

We have a much more detailed guide made, however, getting the images up is taking a much longer time. Since much of everyone will be in the Gathering area, we have the basic guide up. As for the Aid Skill, it's basically a buff that you can provide someone with when you're in their MyHome when you get your skill up to 300. It's an additional feature to help someone process their items and gain experience. It all depends on what profession path you have chosen.

#8 Thuy

Thuy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 657 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 04:25 AM

The profession NPC is NORTHEAST of port of the wind.

And a little bug I guess? You can't equip the profession tool if you have a cash weapon equiped.

#9 Slayze

Slayze

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 04:31 AM

We have a much more detailed guide made, however, getting the images up is taking a much longer time. Since much of everyone will be in the Gathering area, we have the basic guide up. As for the Aid Skill, it's basically a buff that you can provide someone with when you're in their MyHome when you get your skill up to 300. It's an additional feature to help someone process their items and gain experience. It all depends on what profession path you have chosen.

Okay, thanks for the clarification.
Looking forward to that guide.

As for the Aid thing, on IAH's side it's possible to Aid someone side as long as you have a processing skill learnt (regardless of skill level).
Guess there's some differences between IAH and here?

Edited by Slayze, 20 July 2011 - 05:59 AM.

#10 20922909

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 04:39 AM

How long is the downtime during gathering? It keeps telling me 'gathering not possible right now'..?

#11 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 06:14 AM

How long is the downtime during gathering? It keeps telling me 'gathering not possible right now'..?

That error happens when you try gathering from the glowing circles. Gather directly in line with the signs that say "100".

#12 HelpfulRay

HelpfulRay

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 253 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 20 July 2011 - 01:49 PM

That error happens when you try gathering from the glowing circles. Gather directly in line with the signs that say "100".

The glowing circles recharge, I believe they should offer a higher rate for goodies than the non glowing thing. ;=; Takes maybe 20 mins for them to light up again #11

#13 NozokiEmpire

NozokiEmpire

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 802 posts
  • Locationno.
  • Server:Quit

Posted 20 July 2011 - 02:16 PM

Is there any way to gain your fatigue back faster? B)

#14 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 02:18 PM

The glowing circles recharge, I believe they should offer a higher rate for goodies than the non glowing thing. ;=; Takes maybe 20 mins for them to light up again #11

Unmarked I'm not quite sure on the reset time. My best guess is that its random, since I noticed a sub thirty second recharge.

When I first started fishing I tried near the dimly glowing circles and received that error, so I was just speaking from experience.

#15 HelpfulRay

HelpfulRay

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 02:35 PM

Is there any way to gain your fatigue back faster? ;)

Sadly, nope, but it's put in place so we don't get to level 500 in like two days. ;=; Just wait till midnight for the 25% reset B)

#16 Thuy

Thuy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 657 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 02:54 PM

What is the "lucky place?" How can we tell if that place is lucky or not?

#17 HelpfulRay

HelpfulRay

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 03:03 PM

What is the "lucky place?" How can we tell if that place is lucky or not?

if it's glowing, it's lucky. ;] Beside each gathering area, there should be a circle on the ground. if it's depleted of resources, it will be yellow with no overhanging purple glow, however, if there are goodies to be farmed, there will be a bright purple glow emmitting from it. You can stand directly atop these circles and gather from them in the same way you gather the normal non shiny, non glowy patches of dirt.

#18 Nikusui

Nikusui

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 05:19 PM

How do you use the production skills? D: For mining I have Mining > Jewel Refine > Alchemy but i don't know how to do it D:

#19 HelpfulRay

HelpfulRay

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 05:30 PM

How do you use the production skills? D: For mining I have Mining > Jewel Refine > Alchemy but i don't know how to do it D:

First, you need to farm raw ore from the farming map to the left of midas, once you have a few level 3 or 4 ores, process them in your my home by purchasing 7 machines corresponding to your profession. Once that is done, you can take them back to midas and select "Item production" And that, is it!

#20 Nikusui

Nikusui

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 06:09 PM

Ohhhh ok, thank you~! :waddle:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users