Kunlun turn in is actually fun - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

Kunlun turn in is actually fun

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 firzen

firzen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 06:27 AM

I have done the current Kunlun turn in about two and a half times, and I notice some things different about the community's general attitude in it, and here's some factors I think contribute:

1) The different types of monsters. There's 3 main ones on floor one, zipper bear (passive), bloody butterfly (aggressive), and Enchanted Peach Tree (Agressive ranged)

A) Because of the varying monsters capabilities and nature, fighting them is done differently. It's not just one class killing and one class tanking and 10 classes leeching/following. This setup allowed players to spread out, stick together, mob, choose targets wisely, etc etc. movement in general was just cool to watch.

B ) This also made the community have a less aggressive nature towards each other. I seen plenty of kill stealing, but nobody got mad. I've seen more kill stealing per turn in in this turn in than 80% of turn ins I've been involved in. I think because of the varied options for killing in general makes it less frustrating for players when occurrences like this happen. It also seemed like every class could contribute

2) The timer starts as soon as you get the quest. Nobody is rushing or being an-_- over the extra 10 seconds they had to take to resurrect. If anything, people are fine with staying overtime to help the others.

3) Although the timer has been in for weeks, I still think it's a good idea for the simple fact that it "massages" out tension in leveling.

I mostly made this thread for my point # 1, but when I realised that my style was to write several reasons, well I went NUTS. anyways it's too early to write more, contribute till the gms read.

TL;DR: Kunlun turn in was cool because of different types of monsters

Edited by firzen, 21 July 2011 - 06:27 AM.

#2 RichestinIRO

RichestinIRO

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 314 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 21 July 2011 - 03:29 PM

i have completed 400/400 and was about to turn in when a restart for morroc and eden was done like 10mins ago. afterwards my count was like around 140s both lol why? is kunlun part of morroc? also spawn seems decreased.

Edited by RichestinIRO, 21 July 2011 - 03:31 PM.

#3 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 21 July 2011 - 04:06 PM

It's actually a pretty fun and good turn in. I got my sniper from 91->97 (job 50->65) by killing in 2 hours, then turned in to get 70% through 98 and job 68.

Good map I think.

#4 allastorm

allastorm

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 21 July 2011 - 04:29 PM

I definitely agree. I think this turn-in has been a lot of fun! Tuesday I was in a very diverse party with new friends and we did awesome and had a great time. Everyone was friendly and felt useful. I know I got tons of EXP too, which is always great -_- I am looking forward to more turn-in events like this, it seemed to spark a new interest in ragnarok for me, and it felt like there were many more active players too -_- Anything that can encourage partying and making every class feel useful is good in my books :waddle:

#5 Scott

Scott

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1590 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 06:52 PM

I think it is perhaps the best turnin so far. When I did it a second time with my friends, for the first turn-in since these started (I've done them on Mastersmith and Lord Knight) I haven't been the only one capable of killing stuff. 88/65 from putting it into Job exp. Gotta make use of it so I don't hit 96 while trying to level job. =]

Edited by Scott, 21 July 2011 - 06:53 PM.

#6 ikeren

ikeren

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts
  • Locationchicity
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 21 July 2011 - 07:46 PM

It's getting a bit crowded actually.
Protip guys: If someone is soloing, don't effing run over the mob they're killing with your big arse party casting AoE's over the whole damn place.
Please stop.

#7 pixiecard

pixiecard

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 21 July 2011 - 11:58 PM

It's getting a bit crowded actually.
Protip guys: If someone is soloing, don't effing run over the mob they're killing with your big arse party casting AoE's over the whole damn place.
Please stop.

That's pretty annoying I agree. Also a little bit annoying is when too many people try soloing, instead of just teaming up with others, taking 3 hours to kill one monsters and most likely even hogging a couple of them because they get mobbed up and then needing even longer to kill. Team up with strangers people! Don't be shy! :waddle:

#8 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 22 July 2011 - 03:31 AM

That's pretty annoying I agree. Also a little bit annoying is when too many people try soloing, instead of just teaming up with others, taking 3 hours to kill one monsters and most likely even hogging a couple of them because they get mobbed up and then needing even longer to kill. Team up with strangers people! Don't be shy! :waddle:

I'm soloing cause I kill fast and the base exp is amazing on top of the turn in. I don't really care if people take ages to kill, since I can kill 5 monsters in the time it takes them, no point sitting staring.

KSers are getting annoying tho.

#9 digitalhardcore

digitalhardcore

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 493 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX
  • Server:Classic

Posted 22 July 2011 - 04:32 AM

yes ksing ppl are getting very annoying down there...

#10 ikeren

ikeren

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts
  • Locationchicity
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 22 July 2011 - 06:50 AM

I was down there on my minstrel one hit KO'ing everything.
Not very slow imo.

#11 firzen

firzen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 07:17 AM

Bumping because:

1) did another turn in today and party all agreed in saying "this is what a turn in should be like"

2) exp is awesome, but I don't want you (gm's) to think that's the only reason it's good

3) ks'ing is annoying as it is at any time, any place. but for some reason, not so bad here

#12 SilX

SilX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 02:54 PM

Gotta admit, Kunlun is hands down the Best TI of this type to date. Question is, what other maps facilitate the same type of...need for multiple class cooperation?

#13 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 06:23 PM

I still don't understand how I havent been KS'd once in Scaraba Hole 1

#14 firzen

firzen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 05:52 AM

Bumping till I see a GM make a mention. Dammit we need reassurance.

And Scuba, I haven't been there but it seems quite a few people have trouble finding a party there. Likely lack of players?

#15 ninou

ninou

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • LocationReunion island

Posted 24 July 2011 - 08:34 PM

I still don't understand how I havent been KS'd once in Scaraba Hole 1

Some genetics keep ksing...

Edited by Inubashiri, 26 July 2011 - 08:06 AM.

#16 Ramen19

Ramen19

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • Server:Classic~

Posted 25 July 2011 - 11:07 PM

Bumping till I see a GM make a mention. Dammit we need reassurance.

And Scuba, I haven't been there but it seems quite a few people have trouble finding a party there. Likely lack of players?

There's always waiting for party thing or ask random guilds if they want to go, I never really have trouble.

#17 Ceer

Ceer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 235 posts
  • LocationSouth Kafra, Payon

Posted 26 July 2011 - 03:57 AM

This exp event, I've partied with random people 3 times. 1 time was at Magmarings. The other 2 were at Kunlun dungeon during the quest.

I'd very much like to see this quest during a non-xp event, to see how it would be different. I'd think that it would help killers relax on the ksing.

#18 firzen

firzen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 05:07 PM

bumpin again because it's true dammit. Funnest week I've had in RO in a while.

#19 adamsst

adamsst

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 06:25 PM

Agreed with all. I've done the quests twice and being able to have a pick-up party with a healer and still be successful is convenient.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users