• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Skyclaw726

Skyclaw726

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 08:21 AM

Hello all, before i download the game i want to ask is the game worth playing if your a casual gamer? I know most MMO's are not casual friendly as you need to sink a fair bit of time into the game. I have played many MMO's these include, Iris online, Flyff, Grand fantasia, Eden Eternal, Silkroad, Ragnarok and WoW and i find these games to be tedious once you hit the 30+ mark for example from 35+ onwards it's about two days to lvl up in Iris.

having looked at the levelling guide thread i noticed that there is over 200 lvls from that i figure it's rather easy to lvl up. Am i right? i'm probably not >_>

So to sum up i would like answers to teh following;

1) Tedious to play at a certain point?
2) Fun to play?
3) Final size of the game once all updates are finished..the download says it's just under 800MB which is fine for me but i don't want to download 1 GB of updates >_> took me ages to download Ragnarocks updates and that was only 60MB lol

thank you for any answers. :waddle:

#2 Dusk1PS

Dusk1PS

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1355 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 22 July 2011 - 08:27 AM

Heck yeah it's fun to play.

Low levels are the best to be honest with you. Tons of maps to explore tons of things to see and pick up and use.

They re-did adventure plains to make it more newbie friendly. If you played Ragnarok Online(which I did before this game), you'll love the 3d part of it compared to the 2d/3d of Ragnarok Online.

The original ROSE came out right after Ragnarok Online's development. I personally joined the Beta after hearing about this game from Gravity when I played Ragnarok Online.

Don't rush leveling if you do play. Take it step at a time. Meet people, learn the game, pick up drops(like everything with Dirty in it's name, anything that is a chemical item class, or any Gem items). They sell for good money in the main town.

The overall game will hit a tedious point(but what MMORPG doesn't). It's up to you how you planned out to make it easy or hard for you. Like saving money wisely, selling items proper price. Etc.

Overall, very fun game. Can make us mad like any other game, but it's great.

The patches aren't as numerous as Ragnarok so the size shouldn't be as big.

If you end up not liking it, Delete it.

#3 RainCl0ud

RainCl0ud

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Draconis/Leonis

Posted 22 July 2011 - 08:28 AM

It's really easy to lvl up once you find a good party.

1) Well, after you reach 220, the only thing you can do is chat, farm and pvp (which for me is not boring), the only boring part is lvling, but only till certain point. -_-

2) Its really fun to play as long as you make friends, the best part of the game is the community, i've played many different games and never found a community so nice as in rose.

3) Well, my rose folder has 2.2GB.

:waddle:

#4 Skyclaw726

Skyclaw726

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 08:58 AM

Thank you for the replies :waddle:

I'm a rather shy creature, usually my wife helps me find a guild. Parties i tend to avoid just because from past experience the "uniques and epics" usually go to them and i get a useless item worth nothing >_>

It means using up the last of my usage but i'll download and regret later and get killed by my wife when she can't connect to the net >_>

Which class would you say is better for lvling? i find myself enjoying Archer type classes these days..i'm too lasy to walk to each mob i'd rather stand still and snipe 20 away lol

#5 Dusk1PS

Dusk1PS

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1355 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 09:08 AM

Which server do you play on? I can help you out little bit with buffs and heals.

I'd recommend playing on Draconis(1st choice) but eventually move over to Leonis(2nd Choice) or just come straight to Leonis(thats where all my characters are).

Leonis is the older server of the game where many of the experience and older players are. Draconis is the newer server built for beginners to have "equal" footing. Both are mirrors so there is no difference, but you can't transfer items between servers(Exception is Paid for items).

Currently, Leonis is probably more populated than Draconis. For your information.

All the classes are pretty fun, few exceptions.

If you're wanting to be an Archer/Range class. There are a few choices.

Hawker - They can use a Bow, Katar(hand knives), or Dual Swords(two 1 handed swords). IF you play the bow class, you'll definitely be able to kill faster for the first 100 levels very easily, but once you hit 100+, you'll find yourself being lacking in kill speed versus some of the AoE classes(you played all those MMORPGs, I'm sure you know what AoE means).

Soldier - This is probably the simple and most easy class to play. They are slow in the early levels but they are stronger in the later levels(Champs specifically) since they are able to attack multiple monsters at once(vs Bow who can only shoot 1 at a time). They tend to level faster than all the other classes. They got a lot of weapon types so I won't go through in-depth about it.

Dealer - Masters of Ranged combat. They are also the most expensive class and second most frail class of the game. Depending on your weapon of choice(Gun or Cannon/Launcher). They are great for range combat but they're very expensive to maintain in the late levels. Gun levels very slowly(similar to the Bow). Launchers do a little bit better, they have AoEs. One thing to note, they do have an ability called Discount that lets you buy items for up to 25% cheaper from NPCs(Similar to the Merchant class in Ragnarok Online).

Muse - Magic users. Not the fore-most expert but they are fun. Use MP instead of ammunition(bows/bullets/cannonballs). They can do massive damage at all levels with proper equipment. They can solo really well at early levels and even later ones, but are the most fragile class in the game. You seem to be interested in physical damage range class so I'll leave off on this.

If you're going with the bow class, try Bow Hawker first.

What is best for you? I don't know. They all have pros and cons. Just have fun with it, you can make up to 5 characters on one account so you can try each and every class and see what works for you.

Edited by Dusk1PS, 22 July 2011 - 09:12 AM.

#6 Skyclaw726

Skyclaw726

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 09:14 AM

I haven't finished downloading yet XD only about 50% done lol

I'll prolly end up starting on whatever server as the least population to save on lag ya know.

For Ranged users do they use ammo? most games i've played the archers have unlimited ammo but in a few like Silkroad and WoW i have to buy arrows..inda irritated especially when your fighting a boss and your one shot away from killing it and then you run out of ammo and have to poke it to death >_>

Just noticed your edit.

I get intimidated by the more experienced players possibly due to my shy nature. I prefer to hang about with newbies just so i don't end up being the most useless player >_>

Edited by Skyclaw726, 22 July 2011 - 09:17 AM.

#7 RainCl0ud

RainCl0ud

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Draconis/Leonis

Posted 22 July 2011 - 09:19 AM

I'll prolly end up starting on whatever server as the least population to save on lag ya know.

For Ranged users do they use ammo? most games i've played the archers have unlimited ammo but in a few like Silkroad and WoW i have to buy arrows..inda irritated especially when your fighting a boss and your one shot away from killing it and then you run out of ammo and have to poke it to death >_>

Yeah, launcher use shells, gun use bullets and bow use arrows, there is lots of different ammo, you can check on rose compendium.

http://rose.kuro-tej...php?m=32&i=431'>Arrows
Bullets
Shell

Edited by RainCl0ud, 22 July 2011 - 09:19 AM.

#8 Dusk1PS

Dusk1PS

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1355 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 10:01 AM

Just noticed your edit.

I get intimidated by the more experienced players possibly due to my shy nature. I prefer to hang about with newbies just so i don't end up being the most useless player >_>

Yeah, all ranged weapons classes use ammo. Except Wands, which fires off naturally.

It's your choice. Problem with the emptier server is prices are monsterously high vs. the populated server. Equipment is less expensive on Leonis side than Draconis side. Due to more players able to farm/hunt/gather. But it is laggier on our side(due too so many shops).

Either way, Enjoy =)

#9 PurpleYouko

PurpleYouko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 622 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 05:26 AM

I find the best ranged class is the dealer because you can also get ranged summons (two of them)
Through the first hundred levels or so dealers kick ass.
You can choose to use guns or launchers but if you choose the launcher you can't start using them till about level 40. Launchers also require a high STR so it's often better to just spec into them but use a two handed sword or something in early levels.
Guns start at level 10 and need CON so it's best not to spec into guns then switch to launcher

At 100 you can choose to become an artisan or a bourgeous.

#10 CaNehDa

CaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3009 posts
  • LocationInside of every dimension like a virus.
  • Server:SpaceFabric

Posted 27 July 2011 - 12:37 PM

It's really easy to lvl up once you find a good party.

1) Well, after you reach 220, the only thing you can do is chat, farm and pvp (which for me is not boring), the only boring part is lvling, but only till certain point. :waddle:

2) Its really fun to play as long as you make friends, the best part of the game is the community, i've played many different games and never found a community so nice as in rose.

3) Well, my rose folder has 2.2GB.

:)

1 gig of that is screenshots :P

#11 ThunderBug

ThunderBug

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 July 2011 - 12:48 PM

just download the game and play you will see if you like it or not

luckily not every new member makes a thread to ask if its worth playing >_>
just download the game, play for an hour and see if u like it..

#12 MidnightSmurf

MidnightSmurf

Artisan Representative

• Members
  • 1424 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:57 PM

having looked at the levelling guide thread i noticed that there is over 200 lvls from that i figure it's rather easy to lvl up. Am i right? i'm probably not >_>

1) Tedious to play at a certain point?
2) Fun to play?

Did some cutting in the quote, hope you don't mind.

These are personal thoughts ofc, so don't be too quick to judge :)
The lvls are easy in my oppinion. The hardest bit I believe is are also the most.. boring part so to say. At 70-100 it goes relativly slow if you are without a party and haven't got all the good stuff yet. However, when you reah 100 you open up a whole lot of new skills and it speeds things up (might want to save a few skill points for lvl 100) and, if you go as a Scout (Bow Hawker) or as a Bourg (Launcher/Gun Dealer) you can have some problems finding a party at level 120-160 wich can be a boring part also if you are solo-ing.

As some others offered I would gladly help you in-game for more specific advice. PM for game-names in use.
Got chars on both server but is currently playing Draconis. Both servers are friendly but it is true that Leonis has some more experienced players with better gear (not that strange since it has been around longer).

IT IS FUN :P

#13 MarkVincent

MarkVincent

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • LocationPILIPINAS!
  • Server:leonis

Posted 10 October 2011 - 07:26 AM

ROSE ONLINE HAS THE BEST GRAPHICS OF ALL ONLINE GAME...... ROSE WAS MY FIRST ONLINE GAME PLAYED AND I LOVE IT..I DIDNT EXPECT I COULD FIND A REAL FRIENDS HERE AND A GOOD COMMUNITY ........I LOVE ROSE ONLINE AND I WILL FOREVER LOVE THE GAME.....HOPE ROSE WILL LAST LONG SO THAT MY SON CAN PLAY SOON ^_^ GOD BLESS YOU GM'S AND PLAYERS. . .

#14 onicdesigns

onicdesigns

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 255 posts
  • Server:Draco

Posted 16 October 2011 - 08:29 PM

yes, really worth it. it is free. even after 2-3 years of playing I am still learning new things about it. as a causal gamer there is a ton to keep you through years of on/off again playing like myself.

#15 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 October 2011 - 11:10 PM

Bad news guys, our original poster hasn't logged in since this was posted 3 months ago. Guess he wasn't convinced.

Edited by Phish, 17 October 2011 - 11:20 AM.

#16 Darkii

Darkii

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 07:29 AM

Bade news guys, our original poster hasn't logged in since this was posted 3 months ago. Guess he wasn't convinced.

Looks like he has made a good choice ^^

#17 CoffeeMuse

CoffeeMuse

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1097 posts
  • LocationRose Forum Mod 2006-2011

Posted 17 October 2011 - 05:52 PM

ROSE ONLINE HAS THE BEST GRAPHICS OF ALL ONLINE GAME...... ROSE WAS MY FIRST ONLINE GAME PLAYED AND I LOVE IT..I DIDNT EXPECT I COULD FIND A REAL FRIENDS HERE AND A GOOD COMMUNITY ........I LOVE ROSE ONLINE AND I WILL FOREVER LOVE THE GAME.....HOPE ROSE WILL LAST LONG SO THAT MY SON CAN PLAY SOON ^_^ GOD BLESS YOU GM'S AND PLAYERS. . .

Phish,

I guess everyone is now preaching to the choir since the OP headed for the hills. The sad thing is I felt like MarkVincent above for a long time, but way the things are going, that feeling has been sinking fast over the past couples years.

Rose has had so much potential, and to see the game basically ruined systematically, partly by the IM, and partly by Dev's who don't seem to know how to modify the without somehow messing things up or throwing it out of balance. The devs who originally built Irose were truly experts and knew what they were doing, and while that game was alot harder it was BALANCED, and you could play it without mortgaging your house or selling your first born.

Edited by CoffeeMuse, 17 October 2011 - 05:55 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users