JeremiahLoh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Yggdrassil

Posted 24 July 2011 - 10:33 PM

So with the upcoming expansion update I was wondering this as I read somewhere among various RO Forums that Double Attack can be triggered into Swords by slotting the said Sword with a Sidewinder Card and that having a Sidewinder Card lets you utilize the Level 10 DA if I took it?

Since probably my plan of action is to take 10 Sword Mastery and then when the update comes also invest points into Axe Mastery which is also said to boost Sword Attack... So uhhh does a Sidewinder Card allow it?

Edit: Also can the Town Sword be upgraded and up to how many times?

Edited by JeremiahLoh, 24 July 2011 - 10:41 PM.

#2 kati3

kati3

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 721 posts
  • LocationBehind you
  • Server:Classic

Posted 24 July 2011 - 10:58 PM

Yes it will work with a sidewinder card.
Also, one of the best swords for a supernovice [without soullink] would be a refined [+7?] star dust blade [1].
Max refine level is +20[lets keep dreaming about this].
+9 is considered really good.
Safe refine is +4.
Also with soul link,
you can equip any headgears if you are level 90+
Any level 4 weapons[excluding 2h swords and katars and bows] if you are level 96+
And other awesome stuff: http://irowiki.org/w...r_Novice_Spirit

Edited by kati3, 24 July 2011 - 11:01 PM.

#3 JeremiahLoh

JeremiahLoh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 26 July 2011 - 01:34 AM

I found someone selling a Star Dust Blade, just waiting for his reply and hopefully I can make the purchase...And someone just gave me the Angelic Cardigan and Guard, Now I just need the Hat,Armor and Boots. :D

I'm wondering if I should have just grabbed Sword Mastery instead of Double Attack, since with SM at least I can easily switch out onto the Star Dust though... Just a random question though, would Sword Mastery have provided a higher DPS than with a Double Attack?

#4 kati3

kati3

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 721 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 26 July 2011 - 01:46 AM

It would only add attack +40 while double attack doubles your damage and sword mastery also doesn't increase aspd.
Hence, double attack > sword mastery for DPS.
I have increase conc, double attack, bless, agi, and endure.
Also, I dont use the angel set on my SN even though the set is good.

I use:
Flying evil wings [sp]
Pantie+undershirt with porciello and whisper card.
well chewed pencil + takius
very very strong elemental stiletto's for leveling.
Angel's reincarnation of hermes. [male thiefbug card]
Novice armlets of flash.

Also theres a novice set sold in lighthalzen which is also good for mixing things up.

Edited by kati3, 26 July 2011 - 01:54 AM.

#5 JeremiahLoh

JeremiahLoh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 26 July 2011 - 02:36 AM

Well... my planned Skill Build was this though, I based it off the Super Flee Novice from the Wiki, These Skills I am certain I would take... I'm wondering on the utility of Stone Curse and Mammonite though so I haven't touched those yet. :P

10 Double Attack
10 Sword Mastery
10 Increase AGI
10 Improve Concentration
10 Increase Dodge
10 Blessing
3 Heal - Prerequisite for Increase AGI, (Although it is a great replacement for First Aid though)
3 Owl's Eye - Again another Pre-Req
1 Vulture's Eye - ...
5 Divine Protection - ...

Which leaves me at Job Level 73 to Max this and leaves me 26 Skill Points of which I'm not totally sure on where to put it in though.

For the Expansion Update I was planning to go with:
10 Axe Mastery
10 Weaponry Research
1 Hilt Binding
5 Impositio Manus
5 Spirit Sphere
2 Iron Fists - ...

Currently my Naked Stats are:
40 STR
40 DEX
66 AGI
1 VIT
1 LUK
1 INT

My playstyle is just basic auto-attacking though and buffing myself up with with various Skills.

#6 kati3

kati3

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 721 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 26 July 2011 - 04:17 AM

I'd suggest you get 80ish agi first, then around 70ish dex and 60ish str if you have any points remaining make sure you put them into int/vit around 30~ each. Which should make a decent build for renewal. Remember to carry awakening potions for aspd.

#7 LordGreyWolf

LordGreyWolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 04:28 PM

You need to remember as well with this new expansion we are going to be heading to lvl 150.

Where can we lvl? what would we be killing to get to our next lvl? do we have to party all the time to get there? or can we solo?

Since we can not mob [nerfed SP/HP pool] and plus we have lack-luster skills [even the extended skills suck] how are we to get to lvl 150????
last report I heard the Bifost patch which may or may not have the SN extension isn't due out till end of this year....is that confirmed? or just Hersey? :)

i have reset my SN [who is lvl 99/99] so many times trying to find the right build and I can't seem to get it right. I've tried them all
SN caster [can cast AoE but can not mob low HP. with renewal the way of the insta-caster was no more... :wave: :smooch: :( ]
Double-atk melee [hi dps but can not mob. No AoE. if INT is high enough could also use Auto-cast gear. Also uses high AGI to get decent amount of flee.]
Hybrid [jack of all trades a master of none. Stats to evenly placed can't do the dmg out put of specialized builds.]
Crit-melee [can crit alot but dmg out put low. if linked can use platinum shotel and dagger of counter to get over 100+ crit also use fury to gain even more crit.]
SN auto-caster[Sage type, but gear reliant to auto-cast]
SN support [trying to use an SN as a support is not going to work that well. They do not have the HP/SP to help their fellow party members out if a sticky situation. let alone themselves.]

I made the SN way back in the misty past as a fun character but he seems to have been hit with the "We don't Care about the SN" stick that many times he's black and blue.

Most of the current builds I have seen on Yimir are melee Merchant builds none use magic atk that I have seen or spoken to. most seem happy to use them as vendor's rather then go out and hunt with them.

They could have made SN's so powerful and ALOT more fun if they had thought through it better.
only extended skills i want will be :

Faith
sanctuary
gloria
Impositio Manus
earth spike, heavens drive so i can get quagmire
maybe axe mastery depends on what weapon i use.

the rest not really sure on as I have no idea how we could use them. the spells are a waste as no one uses SN caster [if you want a caster make a mage/wiz] same said with crit make a sin [only cool thing is SN can have higher crit then assassin, due to buff and weapon links.]

if anyone can give me a GREAT build that can do decent dmg output, survive, and even lvl well then please share it with us.

Cheers
LGW

#8 Anchors

Anchors

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • Server:Chaos, when it's up

Posted 11 August 2011 - 05:16 PM

I don't think Super novices ever had their HP/SP pools "nerfed"; it's just that they're the HP and SP pools of a novice of the same level (minus skill bonuses like that which Faith will grant).

Anyway, though I don't think SNs were ever meant to be powerful, they were, I'm 100% sure, supposed to be fun, and not just as a novelty vendor character. I would guess that the devs were a hesitant to include more job2 skills for the extended SN in part due to the pre-renewal SN's ability to achieve instant cast with a combination of skills I am also sure the devs just never looked at closely enough. (On a side note, I really, really wish we could have seen GFist SNs, ha ha ha.)

But I am still hoping that, despite the limited job2 skill access extended SNs will get, players will be able to find something novel and interesting to do with the class. A possible example involves Stalk/Hide + spells like Frost Nova/Ice Wall or the few traps they'll have available to them (although that depends on the opposing players/monsters not having hide detection). Also vaguely hoping that more job2 skills are released for them outside of what's already on the skill simulator, because, as fun as it'd be to have some of those skills together, none of the class hallmark skills are included except maybe Stalk and Enchant Poison. Like I said before, would have loved to see a GFist SN! Or a snapping SN with fast cast, BSSac, and Grand Cross. Or an sidewinder-carded axe-wielding (axe mastery + weap reasearch) double attacking aspd SN. With hindsight! Or a Free-casting storm guster /wah

On second thought, I'm starting to see why the devs would hold back on job2 skill access...

On a side note, the skill sim seems to indicate that Stave Crasher will be available to SN ex. Isn't that a trans-only skill?

#9 LordGreyWolf

LordGreyWolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 12:31 AM

I wish they had done a better mix of skills rather then the lot those chose. I am at a blank as to what skills to take and trying an auto-cast crit build to see how that goes. but i am reliant on cards/gears that will auto-cast.

how about a intimidate SN with preserve now that would be alot of fun. though I think a hindsight SN would be interesting.

The one thing I really would like to see is a Bow SN..... :smooch: :( :)

The other thing that needs to be looked at is the amount of gear that SN can get.... which is rather limited. can't we get some of those items that are actually cool???????

hell I'd do a quest that would be able to unlock a piece of equipment that was not meant for SN. it would make me treasure it that much more.

how about a competition to design new range of SN gear????

LGW

#10 Zayik

Zayik

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 323 posts
  • LocationReno, Nevada
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 07 September 2011 - 05:43 PM

While generally super novices can't output other classes, they do have fairly decent survivability in terms of gear and skills. In regards to pvp, they have extremely high flees compared to any other class due to the combination of improve concentration and improve dodge. While I am currently in the makings of my melee super novice, I'll put some general guidelines I'm working on.

10 mammonite(I don't think holy cross can compete damage wise and requires way too much sp for a novice to spam, even with 50+ int, unless you have 2 arc angeling cards. The 450% x 2 hits does amount to a little more damage, (300% more compared to mammonite), its cons out-due the small potential damage gains. Holy Cross takes 15 more sp, is forced to only one element, and I believe there is a animation delay. 5 sp for 600% damage that can be adjusted my elements is the best damage skill.

The best bet to making a melee novie that has a decent dps is to focus on getting skills that enhance attack. Some may opt to use a constant soul linker and use the lvl 4 weapons. I personally am too lazy for that and am going to opt for an Orcish Axe.

The reasons why Orcish axe is one of the best weapons to use is it has 74 atk AAAAND 4 slots. The 4 slots is essential since 15%-20% dmg cards will be put in those. In addition to this, orcish axes are a lvl 3 weapon, meaning the upgrades have a significant impact on damage. Using the current calculators, I've been able to get a 99 super novice to deal over 1000 per hit to multiple creatures(abys knight, zombie prisoner). This was with minimal gear as well, mainly just a weapon and porcellio carded armor. So, 1000 damage isn't bad, and sure, the other 3rd classes can reach more, but I'm not done yet. As an expanded super novice, you are able to get axe mastery, weapon research, and hit binding which is an additional 54 atk. That's not even counting impositus, summon spirit sphere, and gloria(30 luk = crit and 10 atk). While there are not many super novices out there, and they still have huge disadvantages compared to 3rd classes, there is still a lot of potential to making a great super novice. They are one of the few classes that can negate all damage(safety wall and pnuema), dodge most melee skills with high flee, and have an arsenal of disables (Decrease Agi, Quagmire-55 dex/agi reduction with movespeed-, stone curse, and frost driver).

#11 Anchors

Anchors

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • Server:Chaos, when it's up

Posted 08 September 2011 - 04:05 PM

The last post in this topic was about a month old, but aside from that...

The +15-20% atk cards are all based off of weapon atk only, since renewal... Is the calculator taking that into account for that 1k damage, or was that 1k with skills and not ctrl click hits?

Also, regarding the damage immunity spells... Although I have both on my AB and I spam them everywhere, they cannot be stacked with each other. But, even if they could be stacked, they still do not negate magic damage... On top of that, together, the total skill point cost is a hefty 30 points (8 for Pneuma and pre-reqs, 22 for 10 SW and pre-reqs), though mercifully all job1 points.

Keep in mind though that, while Pneuma is a cheap, what, 10 SP? SW is 40 SP per cast plus the bgem. And on top of that, although Pneuma's pre-requisites will still be useful to a combat SN, SW's pre-reqs almost certainly will not be... unless you get crazy high int. By 99 (because I'm using a stat calc that only goes up to 99, lul), with a generous 40 base int and perhaps some int from gears, you could just barely cast it four times...

Anyway, if you use the skills recommended in your post plus the buffs a SN has access to, plus 10 Owl Eye and 10 DA for ctrl clicking, you're left with only 2 job1 points and 1 job2 point anyway, so you wouldn't be able to get either /swt

#12 JeremiahLoh

JeremiahLoh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 08 September 2011 - 04:21 PM

I've pretty much accepted the fact that the Melee SN is strapped on fighting passives 1 on 1 (Unless you get a party to tank with).

The Orcish Axe the previous poster also suggested seemed like a good idea as well.

But right now I'm still thinking of sticking with auto-attacking. Using the Stardust Blade carded with a Sidewinder. Axe Mastery also adds damage for 1-handed Swords. So thats a solid +70 ATK (40 from Sword & 30 from Axe Mastery) boost.

I've pretty much stopped on my Mage Novice though if you notice my old topic. Any suggestions on what Cards I should slot in on my Angel Set? Also... anybody on Yggdrasil who can help me earn Poring Coins for the Novice Figurine? If not... anybody got a suggestion for an Accessory Item?

#13 Cmoota

Cmoota

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 217 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 December 2011 - 10:29 PM

An expanded super novice, sadly is still pretty weak, they need to fix a lot about them.
For instance you will notice they don't really get AOE abilities, that and I bet you already know this by now, as soon as you hit lvl 100, that 2000 hp bonus? it goes away. and STILL now true boost to your sp, you need all kinds of "expensive" cards to make up for it! Its a fun class per say, but honestly they didn't really think too hard on its creation. just gave it a few pretty useless skills with only a COUPLE of good ones! Check my thread out for details. :P

http://forums.warppo...__1#entry656334

Edited by Cmoota, 05 December 2011 - 10:29 PM.

#14 CleanWaterDev

CleanWaterDev

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Odin

Posted 01 December 2016 - 10:16 AM

Hi everyone!

I have a stupid question here.

WHY Super Novices that can't use bows can learn a skill (Vulture's Eye) that improve Bows range and Bows hit rate?

If I can't use this kind of weapon. What good it will do to me?  :hmm:

Edited by CleanWaterDev, 01 December 2016 - 10:52 AM.

#15 Casval17

Casval17

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1376 posts
  • LocationAxis Debris
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 01 December 2016 - 10:36 AM

Create new thread instead of reviving corpses from the past :heh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users