Anywon else find this game madly Addicting? - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Anywon else find this game madly Addicting?

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#26 Tanthalas23

Tanthalas23

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 447 posts
  • LocationSurrey, BC, Canada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 27 July 2011 - 12:52 AM

Well, I guess I could be used as a prime example for it never leaving your mind.... I played along time ago, before when monks were just coming out and when morroc was still morroc with no big-_-, i believe it was the Iris server i was playing, yes i P2P'd, then stopped playing when i couldnt afford it...
I then started playing a different game I had found, then stopped playing games online all together, and then just a month ~ a month and a half ago, I was like, I wonder if RO is still going, and Bam..... IM BACK D: and now if I wasnt getting *** from my G/F, I would choose this over her :P

(totally joking in that last aspect!!!) :)

#27 Rutana

Rutana

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1553 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 27 July 2011 - 01:03 AM

Playing for 6 years, loosing your accounts due to server close, went streight to another server restarting?
...yeah... addicting ;D

#28 SirDillhole

SirDillhole

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 01:04 AM

Well, I guess I could be used as a prime example for it never leaving your mind.... I played along time ago, before when monks were just coming out and when morroc was still morroc with no big-_-, i believe it was the Iris server i was playing, yes i P2P'd, then stopped playing when i couldnt afford it...
I then started playing a different game I had found, then stopped playing games online all together, and then just a month ~ a month and a half ago, I was like, I wonder if RO is still going, and Bam..... IM BACK D: and now if I wasnt getting *** from my G/F, I would choose this over her :P

(totally joking in that last aspect!!!) :)

I lol'd xD

#29 Kiryu

Kiryu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2092 posts
  • LocationLily of Elon -Crystal Desert
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows - GW2

Posted 27 July 2011 - 01:06 AM

IM BACK D: and now if I wasnt getting *** from my G/F, I would choose this over her :)

(totally joking in that last aspect!!!) :waddle:

FAMOUS LAST WORDS :P

sorry, you will be amaze by how many times I see this... and the gf/bf end being worse in the RO addiction xD

#30 neji2k

neji2k

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 01:07 AM

poring beats slime anyday
(ragnarok beats maplestory)

#31 ipwnarbs1337

ipwnarbs1337

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 07:52 AM

Yeah, maplestory sucks all you do is tap z till you hit max level rofl, the community there is a bunch of pre teens to. also you say this is a bad game cuz you need to buy stuff from karfa, i say that its not you neg rep me then delete your post way to rage quit bro? :) :P

#32 DieNasty

DieNasty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1395 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 27 July 2011 - 08:34 AM

I have been addicted to this game since 1999. I did stop when they went p2p. Continued when it went f2p not too long ago.

Edited by DieNasty, 27 July 2011 - 08:41 AM.

#33 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 27 July 2011 - 08:41 AM

this amazing game :P :)

what game are you talking about? sounds pretty good maybe I'll quit RO for it

#34 Scientistic

Scientistic

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 693 posts
  • Server:Planet Yggdrasil

Posted 27 July 2011 - 08:48 AM

Nah, you're too legit to quit. Let's not involve Game Court :P

#35 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 27 July 2011 - 08:55 AM

GAME COURT

#36 ipwnarbs1337

ipwnarbs1337

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 09:17 AM

I'm not talking about any other game im talking about Ro :P

#37 Scientistic

Scientistic

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 693 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 09:26 AM

GAME COURT

(Puts on Glasses).....

Yes...Well according to Game documents, and Darkwing Duck and Tweety who were my witnesses during that Bar fight, you're still under Game contract...When we was playing card, i tried to get your sig, but your Bodyguards Tom and Jerry got up in my face. Daffy shoved me into the table where Simmney Sam and Tazmanya was hitting on Bugs Bunny, cause they thought Bugs was a chick. Both were tipsy. Sam thought i was trying to take his girl, and pull some hardware out on me. I crap on myself. Then to top it off, Speedy Gonzallas got in Simmney Sam face, talking about he should pick on someone his own size. Sammy gun butts me. I fell back into Tazmanya, who then threw me half way across the Pub. Daffy Duck race over where i fell, stood above me, and said in some fast language.., you got knocked the @#$% out, and couldn't make out the rest...,but heard Tweety Bird yelled MEDIC!

Somehow end up in my house. I was going to file a complaint at Game Court, but was jumped by Tom and Jerry, your bodyguards. While they was stomping a mudhole in me, Tweety Bird was wearing a Mets Cap backwards, yelling real loud jumping around, saying break yourself fool, break yourself fool!

Me face still look like a blowfish. And it's your fault :P

Edited by Scientistic, 27 July 2011 - 09:41 AM.

#38 Lovebane

Lovebane

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 09:36 AM

Always have and always will love RO, not wholely for the community (unless you count back in Beta and stuff, ala Joe the Dude drama for the people who remember older peoples like that, or like Pink Aya (if she's still plays or not XD)) that wtf Billy Age 8 load screen.. but for the the concept it held throughout it's tenure.. that you can put it down, and still pick it back up.

Find me another game that provides occassional perks just for subscribing..
I've still got my Devi TShirt / Ragnarok Cap from one of the first early promos.. am fairly sure that this was the first promo they did that gave away IRL items along with subscriptions..
They did this figurine promo back then, (which I sadly missed out on since I was already too entrenched in another game)
Though I wish I could have gotten one :)

Back then, find another game that offered Hourly Subscription rates..

The music is well done and memorable, load it and afk or vending.. it's still there in your head..

and loading screen images are/were at times, user created.. (Valentines day couples images?)

take away the bots/gold sellers/etc whiners like any other game that has them and you've got a pretty nice MMO following the steps of what other MMOs have been doing longer.. JUST MILKING IT. (Cash Shop)

Be glad that the Gachapons (Lucky Boxes) have better here rates than Maplestory..
They're currently running a promo for "Chairs" in the Gachapons.. with a pool of over 100++ items.. (aka at times, paying to get pretty much a knife [3]) There are A LOT of other games with way WORSE emphasis on Cash Shop.. Maplestory is basically random everything without any details about what was added/removed.. (Imagine spending hundreds on random hairstyle changes to get what you want which cost a premium of over $3 per pop only to find that they removed it from the selection pool and is only for something that is an aesthetic change).

and or doesn't delete your account or rename your character name reserves for not registering (FFXI deactivates your characters last I heard: City of Heroes puts your name on reserve last i heard)

The only other game imo that currently tops my memorable and unique is pretty much this and Mabinogi..
(Mabinogi has pets which are technically playable characters and also summons as AI on your main - in other words, imagine being able to log in as your Homu pet and leveling with it *and doubles as inventory space*..). (I'm on Mari with over 80+ chars / 80+ pets)
You can also pretty much compose your own music and play it in game. :P

Pretty hard to find a game still true to it's roots this day and age. Everything's been generic'd thanks to WoW.

#39 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 27 July 2011 - 09:39 AM

Simmney Sam

Related to Yosemite Sam?

#40 Scientistic

Scientistic

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 693 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 09:43 AM

Related to Yosemite Sam?

Don't play innocent now :) (Sniff, sniff...,i need a punk moment.) And Daffy took my boots. I want my shoes back..

LOL!!!! Jaye, you know i'm just joking right? I was laughing the whole time. I know you was like, what the...

(I need some sleep..I almost fell out my chair. Wi'll meet up at sun-down.) :P

Edited by Scientistic, 27 July 2011 - 09:56 AM.

#41 TankHunter678

TankHunter678

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 10:00 AM

The only other game imo that currently tops my memorable and unique is pretty much this and Mabinogi..
(Mabinogi has pets which are technically playable characters and also summons as AI on your main - in other words, imagine being able to log in as your Homu pet and leveling with it *and doubles as inventory space*..). (I'm on Mari with over 80+ chars / 80+ pets)
You can also pretty much compose your own music and play it in game. :P

Not to mention that since it is completely classless characters are more varied, with people basically making up a class as they go, using skills they actually use. The combat system is also skill based and the monsters do enough damage that they can easily kill you regardless of level if you mess up. Granted once you learn how to force the AI to fight your way it becomes easier, till you run into multi-aggro situations which can throw most combat styles for a loop if trying to solo.

Also it was awesome having a flying pet, or a pet you can mount, combined with the ability to easily expand the map and setup waypoints on the map for movement, long distance travel was quite easy.

The dungeon system being instanced meant there was rarely any competition for specific mobs or bosses. While the dungeon entrance area was always a nice big meeting place for players to make parties. Some of the dungeons were pretty challenging especially in the Other World dungeons where there were no Goddess Statues in the instance itself, so if you died either someone revived you, an advanced party feather was used to revive you remotely, or you had to start the dungeon all over again.

Mabinogi was one of the most played MMOs for me, till repeated breaks found me having all of my friends being completely gone.

I guess what it all comes down to, is that addicting MMOs are ones that are capable of dragging you into a community, as it will always be the community that keeps you in the game. Before I started making friends in RO it would probably have been very easy for me to abandon this game due to the frustrations I was having.

#42 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 27 July 2011 - 10:39 AM

I am pretty sure quite a few of us got screwed IRL because of our addiction to this game. XD

#43 Brindizer

Brindizer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • LocationDuluth
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 27 July 2011 - 11:16 AM

Strangely enough, Ragnarok has always been my #2 game. Incidentally, it's because it was my second online game. I'm sure for many people here, Ragnarok was their first MMO, or the first one they really sank their teeth into.

#44 ipwnarbs1337

ipwnarbs1337

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 12:00 PM

if Ro is not your first? what is rift sucks, WoW is okay gets old, and Lotro sucks lol :P

#45 SirDillhole

SirDillhole

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 01:27 AM

Runescape was my first, but it got annoying from all the bots that were there, yes even more than Valk, Ymir, and Ygg put togethe,r but they were more non-aggresive too since they don't spam...
At least here Ymir isn't infested with bots that much so that's makes me happy.

#46 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 July 2011 - 03:25 AM

There's a reason I've played RO for 8-ish years and still going strong...

#47 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 28 July 2011 - 03:33 AM

first mmorpg. and never once played Warcraft. was hoping to change that over the years but i gave up. ro had enough stuff going on to keep me hooked.

#48 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 28 July 2011 - 04:11 AM

Don't play innocent now :P (Sniff, sniff...,i need a punk moment.) And Daffy took my boots. I want my shoes back..

LOL!!!! Jaye, you know i'm just joking right? I was laughing the whole time. I know you was like, what the...

(I need some sleep..I almost fell out my chair. Wi'll meet up at sun-down.) :P

I TAKE YOU TO GAME COURT SIR

#49 Dukeares

Dukeares

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 05:25 AM

poring beats slime anyday
(ragnarok beats maplestory)

i think i remember those sentence... it not mistaken there was a guy that post about Ragnarok VS Maple story.. in Maple Stories forum some year back...

one of they guy use the same word as u post..

was it u in the maple forum?

Edit: Try to Google it..but ended with

Poring From Ragnarok VS Slime from Maple Story lol

Edited by Dukeares, 28 July 2011 - 05:39 AM.

#50 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 28 July 2011 - 06:01 AM

Eye goo in breath of fire games > poring

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users