80 replies to this topic

#51 Nolanvoid

Nolanvoid

Nolan Smash!

• Retired
  • 2024 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 27 July 2011 - 03:20 PM

item tht r enchated r soulfcrafted gone? LIKE thoese ryius earring n ring...no soulcafted on it..... OR same but cant not be enchated r soulcraft anymore?

I didn't notice this question. I'll have to check. We'll keep you updated on it once we find out what happened.

#52 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 27 July 2011 - 03:26 PM

I know there's been threads about it I'm talking about actually trying the system out as it was before asking for it to be nerfed or nerfing it without asking that chance was not really given as we only had the professions update for a few days before this patch

and the amp. is not the only thing I have an issue with in fact it's more the "nerfing old items that people have put work into" that I have an issue with such as the vaga boots that had any enchanting/soulcrafting stripped from them, I don't own a pair of those boots but whats to stop them starting to do the same to other items and if they're going to do this why pay real money for IM to buy enchant scrolls and the like to upgrade gear if they are later going to take those stats away.

Ah, I see. Well, I think part of the issue there is that the longer they waited to change the system, the more players it would affect and the more it would upset them. Honestly, it's still not really a big deal as others have said, since the Soul Expansion (aka amplification) nerf simply scales back the bonuses (meaning no one loses their hard work, per se -- it's just that the end value has been adjusted according to a scale that treats everyone's gear the same way).

Also, as for trying the Professions system out, it's already been implemented and left the way it was in at least one other server (Japan), and from all reports I heard from players who had experienced it there, it basically broke the game. So IMO, the choice was either to make some adjustments or just watch the game die.

As for stripping the enchantment and soulcraft options from those items, I can completely understand why people are upset about that. It sucks, I can agree. But assuming that this is going to become a trend is a bit much just yet -- very few times (if ever) in the lifespan of this game have there been nerfs to existing items on this scale. Still, let's hope we get more information about this case soon.

#53 EnderW

EnderW

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 967 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 03:40 PM

Rim I just think if time was taken for the staff here to ask the devs the kind of questions being asked now instead of putting the patch on and waiting to see what happens it would cut down on the feeling of being robbed (literally paying for something and having the thing you paid for taken back this is theft by warpportal)

no one takes the time to think about what the effects will be

this is like when they tried to put kryos in without drakos and it screwed up the server and made a patch that took over 2GB of memory so that it crashed for half the players.

there's an old saying: fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

all I am saying is if people let them pull this crap now they will think it's ok to do in the future.

#54 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 27 July 2011 - 03:43 PM

Rim I just think if time was taken for the staff here to ask the devs the kind of questions being asked now instead of putting the patch on and waiting to see what happens it would cut down on the feeling of being robbed (literally paying for something and having the thing you paid for taken back this is theft by warpportal)

no one takes the time to think about what the effects will be

this is like when they tried to put kryos in without drakos and it screwed up the server and made a patch that took over 2GB of memory so that it crashed for half the players.

there's an old saying: fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

all I am saying is if people let them pull this crap now they will think it's ok to do in the future.

well they did put in an entire new continent and a 50 floor dungeon...

#55 igozuvi

igozuvi

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 657 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Gurlz
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 27 July 2011 - 03:49 PM

the new changes kinda suck but you just need to adapt, unfortunately the nature of the game is not meant to stay the same forever, and with the balance issues the game has at the moment there's bound to be some sacrifices made

i'd rather lose a few dollars and keep the game alive, rather than keep my investment and watch the game crumble

#56 EnderW

EnderW

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 967 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 03:58 PM

In the case of the vaga shoes I fail to see how they where killing the game they're not even that good for example my hero bone savage shoes have more move speed on them and have higher stats (are they next on the list to nerf?)

From my point of view things were nerfed for the sake of nerfing

right now it's level 1 items...I ask those of you who feel it does not effect them how would you feel if they had done this to all heirloom items instead? I know many people put hours of farming gold/souls and using IM to make kimart wings with perfect stats for example how would you like if they took that away and just said "too bad we had to because it was unbalanced"

how about the loot balloons? they next? guardian gear?

Edited by EnderW, 27 July 2011 - 03:58 PM.

#57 mimodi

mimodi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 04:04 PM

I think he means.... like purity ring after the profession update. Before the update, my ring was advance with option Str + 4. After that update, it is still advance but with NO option.

Can someone explain this? cause that ring its lvl 45 . THX. BUCK.

http://subefotos.com...94035d736ao.gif

I didn't notice this question. I'll have to check. We'll keep you updated on it once we find out what happened.

yes i need reason...;[ b/c is not lvl 1. plz & ty

#58 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 04:04 PM

In the case of the vaga shoes I fail to see how they where killing the game they're not even that good for example my hero bone savage shoes have more move speed on them and have higher stats (are they next on the list to nerf?)

From my point of view things were nerfed for the sake of nerfing

right now it's level 1 items...I ask those of you who feel it does not effect them how would you feel if they had done this to all heirloom items instead? I know many people put hours of farming gold/souls and using IM to make kimart wings with perfect stats for example how would you like if they took that away and just said "too bad we had to because it was unbalanced"

how about the loot balloons? they next? guardian gear?

How about you stop being an idiot. If you actually use your brain and see if you can figure out we can't soul or enchant lvl 1 equipments. answer is pretty simple.
It's not even a nerf it's fixing a major problem before it happens

Edited by StormHaven, 27 July 2011 - 04:09 PM.

#59 EnderW

EnderW

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 967 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 04:10 PM

I don't see why it is StormHaven they have not even given a reason why except to say it is unbalanced

they haven't even stated why it is unbalanced

they have taken stats off items that were soul crafted in order to get those stats ins. scrolls had to be used those ins. scrolls were paid for

a while back warpportal stopped the trade of most IM items due to credit card fraud where people would buy IM and then a charge back would happen

what they just did is no different people paid for things then warpportal took the things back but have kept the money it's fraud and theft.

#60 bwsnoopy

bwsnoopy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 511 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 27 July 2011 - 04:23 PM

They realized that 3.0 was too high. I'm fairly certain many others wanted it lower.

I demand 1.5x amp max

#61 EnderW

EnderW

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 967 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 04:25 PM

I demand 1.5x amp max

why not just have no amp? it's the same no matter what level you put it at it could be max 100X

since everyone has access to it everyone can get it so the stat differences between people would be the same as it would if the system didnt exist

Edited by EnderW, 27 July 2011 - 04:26 PM.

#62 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 04:28 PM

I don't see why it is StormHaven they have not even given a reason why except to say it is unbalanced

they haven't even stated why it is unbalanced

they have taken stats off items that were soul crafted in order to get those stats ins. scrolls had to be used those ins. scrolls were paid for

a while back warpportal stopped the trade of most IM items due to credit card fraud where people would buy IM and then a charge back would happen

what they just did is no different people paid for things then warpportal took the things back but have kept the money it's fraud and theft.

the items themselves were not unbalanced what could be done with them items was unbalanced. get it?

#63 EnderW

EnderW

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 967 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 04:33 PM

I assume you're talking about soul/enchant shifting

but this "nerf" doesn't solve that problem as you could just use the next lowest level items which can still be crafted

and then what? nerf them too? if we followed that pattern then we would not be able to craft anything so the whole professions update is pointless

and if it was "what could be done with them" that was unbalanced why not balance that rather than nerf something indirectly related to it.

Edited by EnderW, 27 July 2011 - 04:34 PM.

#64 Meganekko

Meganekko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 924 posts
  • Location305

Posted 27 July 2011 - 04:37 PM

Omg Ender really? What about when THQ became WP and we lost all that attack on our old BD weapons? People QQed but it ended there. So end it here eh? Im all for NO amping, 100% on that bandwagon, I see NO point in it. But whatever it is, what is. You wanna stop buying IM join the rest of the ones who stopped or never ever bought IM and just give it a rest. If you can't see HOW its imbalanced then that's you, I get it, but really arguing further changes absolutely nothing. I lost Vega boot soulcraft, all you gotta do is remove it to a capsule, its not gone forever you still have that option! So ALL your hard work is STILL there. Capsule it.

Also, it solves more then you know or more then Aramis can delve into, like he said, if its made public its open to abuse. Not to mention developers are not done fixing mistakes they didn't foresee to begin with.

Edited by Meganekko, 27 July 2011 - 04:38 PM.

#65 mimodi

mimodi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 04:43 PM

atleast free enchating shift marble amoror & soulforce extractor on lvl 1 items listed, so we can move the stat and option tot a different item. i souldnt farm for something warpportal change.

or Vegabond's Leather Boots exchange for item mall boot bonus of 5% movement or 10% movement.

Well If my assumption is wrong say so and announce some form of compensation for the people that own items you just ripped the stats off of.

if not then my assumption is correct and there is no point in providing you with income anymore

you are robbing your customer base.

dont take something away and say is ok... cuz is not..;[
wat next my hookah hat ;[..no...

#66 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 04:43 PM

I assume you're talking about soul/enchant shifting

but this "nerf" doesn't solve that problem as you could just use the next lowest level items which can still be crafted

and then what? nerf them too? if we followed that pattern then we would not be able to craft anything so the whole professions update is pointless

and if it was "what could be done with them" that was unbalanced why not balance that rather than nerf something indirectly related to it.

you know what they say about assuming. it makes an ass out of you and me.

#67 EnderW

EnderW

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 967 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 04:52 PM

I'll give you the credit there if people affected can save the work with the capsule system

but they still should not have to do that this nerf is worse that the attack damage nerf the damage nerf was made to base attack so it was more like the nerf to amp where no one actually lost any work just that their work was no longer worth as much

this nerf however was to remove crafted stats with no clear sign of any compensation for it and as those stats needed enchant scrolls to get and you have to get IM to get enchant scrolls it's fraud.

It would be like if I went and brought 5000 IM right now and then warpportal took my money gave me the IM for 5 minutes then took it back and refused to return the money.

as I said before I don't have any of the items effected by this my problem is whats to stop them from doing it to more items? and if they do then what is the point of upgrading any equipment?

#68 EnderW

EnderW

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 967 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 04:54 PM

you know what they say about assuming. it makes an ass out of you and me.

You leave me no option but to assume since I am asking outright why and all I am getting is "lol you dont know" and "because it's unbalanced but we wont say why it's unbalanced"

#69 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 04:59 PM

I'll give you the credit there if people affected can save the work with the capsule system

but they still should not have to do that this nerf is worse that the attack damage nerf the damage nerf was made to base attack so it was more like the nerf to amp where no one actually lost any work just that their work was no longer worth as much

this nerf however was to remove crafted stats with no clear sign of any compensation for it and as those stats needed enchant scrolls to get and you have to get IM to get enchant scrolls it's fraud.

It would be like if I went and brought 5000 IM right now and then warpportal took my money gave me the IM for 5 minutes then took it back and refused to return the money.

as I said before I don't have any of the items effected by this my problem is whats to stop them from doing it to more items? and if they do then what is the point of upgrading any equipment?

It's not even a nerf aside from the vega boots and Mage backs those items were never used and trashed anyway.

Also, it solves more then you know or more then Aramis can delve into, like he said, if its made public its open to abuse. Not to mention developers are not done fixing mistakes they didn't foresee to begin with.

Like Nekko said If the GMs won't say it. why should I?

Edited by StormHaven, 27 July 2011 - 05:06 PM.

#70 EnderW

EnderW

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 967 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 05:04 PM

Then you really do not add anything to the subject

#71 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 05:07 PM

Then you really do not add anything to the subject

good job! you figured out my troll.
i am giving myselfs moar posts counts kekekekekekekeke :F

Edited by StormHaven, 27 July 2011 - 05:08 PM.

#72 igozuvi

igozuvi

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 657 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Gurlz
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 27 July 2011 - 05:29 PM

you just acknowledged that saving your stats with capsules is possible, so why would you want compensation? how would it be fair to get refunded 5000 IM and still get to keep your stat?

#73 Meganekko

Meganekko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 924 posts
  • Location305

Posted 27 July 2011 - 05:42 PM

How is this different? I worked hard for months FARMING to make Jona's bone weapon, spent tons of gold, and IM to get it legend, then spent tons to +17 it. To come back to a nerfed item that was completely useless seeing as how you could just buy a regular 50 wep and have better dmg. At least now everything can be sucked into a capsule so now were in the same boat :P NPNP. Your had work is sucked into a little capsule and so is mine. End of discussion.

#74 EnderW

EnderW

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 967 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 05:45 PM

I also asked: why they should have to use the capsule system to recover their work

what if some of the people that are effect don't have the soul shift skills then they have to trade/buy from other players to get their work back it's unreasonable for that to have to happen

they nerfed option expanding but they rescaled it so in effect people that had expanded already did not lose any work
they nerfed select items and just took the stats off them with no way to recover the work without putting more work into a new system

Frankly the questions I am asking can only really be answered by staff and they either can not or do not want to do so.

#75 EnderW

EnderW

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 967 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 05:49 PM

How is this different? I worked hard for months FARMING to make Jona's bone weapon, spent tons of gold, and IM to get it legend, then spent tons to +17 it. To come back to a nerfed item that was completely useless seeing as how you could just buy a regular 50 wep and have better dmg. At least now everything can be sucked into a capsule so now were in the same boat :P NPNP. Your had work is sucked into a little capsule and so is mine. End of discussion.

You fail to even understand what I am saying and think I am just "bawwwing about my items being nerfed" the nerf does not even effect me I do not have any of the effected items.

the attack damage nerf was done at the base it's not like they just wiped off the legend +17 stats weapons effected by it were still of some use

I have said your argument that the capsule system can be used to recover it is a good one however: why should people have to go and buy/farm the items to use the capsule system and this is where warp portal should step up and fix it.

Edited by EnderW, 27 July 2011 - 05:50 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users