Trouble deciding stats/skills for wanderer - Archer Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Trouble deciding stats/skills for wanderer

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 tsubasa7

tsubasa7

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • LocationHell
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valk

Posted 27 July 2011 - 10:54 PM

Ok, so currently I have a 99/70 Gypsy, but before I change, I need to decide how to use 27 un-used skill points.

I have an idea which skills I would like but, I need to know how things are different here on iRO since last time I played so long ago.

I currently already have:

Dance Lessons 10
Amp 1
Encore 1
Dazzler 1
Slinging 5
Gypsy Kiss 10
Lady luck 1
Arrow Vulcan 10
Hip Shaker 3

That leaves me with 27 points.

Now there are a couple of things I'm thinking of spending the points on:

1) One route is going for Power Cord, but only if Hocus Pocus parties are still popular like they used to be on iRO and if its really NON gems requirements or just half (1 yellow gem instead of 2).

2) Another route is maxing lady luck, and then also mental sensing, but I wonder how many reborn bards have this skill, also how often is it possible in a regular party to get a link to use magic strings as a wanderer

3) Other skills I'm wondering about worth getting:

Sheltering bliss
Marionette Control
longing for freedom
Tarot card

4) If Reverb is good as a Wanderer, then I need to know to max Hip Shaker to level 5

I am open to other suggestions as long as you can tell me why they are good.

For stats, this is what I want to be able to do:

I really want a mix of abilities. I want to be able to do high ASPD attack with whip for monster hunting (when im in the mood [basically for soloing]), but also rainstorm, and also be able to play support role in parties.

So I am going to need both high AGI and DEX, but still need some vit and int, as well as some luk I guess.

I'm looking for help / suggestions on how exactly (in numbers) to balance these stats.

Any replies, suggestions, help would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance~

Edit: PS, I should add that for now, I mostly want party (leveling/MVP parties)/PvE (PvM) buid stats/skills. Later I will want to try WoE but by that time I figure I'll have zeny to reset.

Edited by tsubasa7, 27 July 2011 - 11:21 PM.

#2 tsubasa7

tsubasa7

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • LocationHell
  • Server:Valk

Posted 28 July 2011 - 06:25 AM

I also was wondering something about ensemble skills. If say a dancer has skill level 5 of a song, but the bard only has level 1 of the same song, when they do the ensemble, will it take the lowest or highest level of the duet?

#3 Ularis

Ularis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts
  • LocationUnder the shade of a Cherry Blossom
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 28 July 2011 - 06:50 AM

Marionette Control is only good for brewing or leveling lowbies that need stat boost. Otherwise, in a party you'll be using Gypsy Kiss more often than any other skill.

I have a Minstrel and a newly transed Dancer.

I got Tarot Card for fun :P

And Longing for Freedon is essential for Ensembles like Sheltering Bliss/Mental Sensing/Classical Pluck and the other ensembles worth getting.

And to answer your question about ensembles, it takes the lower level.

#4 Noumi

Noumi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 12:21 AM

For stats, this is what I want to be able to do:

I really want a mix of abilities. I want to be able to do high ASPD attack with whip for monster hunting (when im in the mood [basically for soloing]), but also rainstorm, and also be able to play support role in parties.

So I am going to need both high AGI and DEX, but still need some vit and int, as well as some luk I guess.

Pre-renewal Songs have their effectiveness based on the char's Stats. Is it still true after renewal? Like Poem of bragi depends on the performer's DEX and INT? For now I guess I shall give my opinions based on that assumption that performances DO NOT depend on your Stats:

STR: Alot of people probably say to keep Base STR @ 1. I disagree on that actually. Every 5 points of STR add your base ATK by 1. And so adding 5 points of STR @ only 2 stat points each for a total of 10 stat points is actually much more worth it that adding 1 point of DEX @ 28 stat points. In increases your weight too. For carrying more arrows.

AGI: Regarding your intention to go high APSD, im not too sure about that. Firstly, Wanderers don't do as much DPS by normal attacking as Rangers. They can't use awakes, they don't have Falcon eyes, and they dun have auto warg strikes. Personally I would prefer just spamming Rainstorm all the way than ctrl clicking. Rainstorm damage is however is affected by AGI/5. So at low levels they are worth as much as DEX. Helps abit with the spamming of DS too.

DEX: DUH..... But when u say High, how high? I don't think adding till 120 base is worth the points though. The challenging part here is to balance the right amount of DEX, INT and LUK to get optimum ATK and MATK. Each point of Dex gives you 1 +0.5*Weapon ATK. Assuming an average value of 150 for most bows, that is 1.75 ATK per dex. Each point of INT gives u 1.5 MATK. MATK is needed for Reverberation and Metallic Sound. Every 3 points of LUK give u 1 ATK and 1 MATK. As a rough estimate, 1 points of LUK is worth 0.2 DEX and 0.22 INT. For convenience sake, lets give a weightage of 0.4 to LUK, and 1 for DEX and INT. This means that if Adding 5 LUK requires less skill points than Adding 2 DEX or 2 INT, you add LUK first. With that my final build I am proposing for BASE stats:

STR: 18 +2 (20 STR for 4 ATK. STR at 3 points is cheaper than DEX @ 24 points.)
AGI: 20
VIT: 95 +5
DEX: 110
INT: 105
LUK: 75 (If u are rich and have an Arc Angeling card, take off some AGI or STR for 2 more LUK to hit the base 77 requirement. Other wise keep it at a multiple of 3.)

Renewal doesn't require your Stats to be in multiples of 10, so I didnt bother with Stats after throwing EQ in. I guess we'll talk about eq after I receive opinions about my low AGI build. :dunno:

#5 Ularis

Ularis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts
  • LocationUnder the shade of a Cherry Blossom
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 01 August 2011 - 12:33 PM

Personally, I'm prepping my gypsy DEX/INT/VIT and some luck.

I just find it reasonable for going SR and MC for brewing :mellow: SR makes you a target until animation delay ends. So, thats why I chose VIT over AGI.

SR=Mob killing :D

Idk yet, I may balance VIT and LUK for survivability and ATK boost. I'm leaning towards VIT more for now.

Siren Voice is a must I can't wait!

#6 Noumi

Noumi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 10:16 PM

After you are a Wanderer and if u have not used your free reset, I recommend reseting and doing away with Arrow Vulcan.... and make room for more performance skills. AV is not as good as I expected it to be.... I found out the hard way when I was doing the Wanderer test.

No doubt arrow vulcan can 1 hit kill the yellow novus. But during that 3 seconds I am rooted to the ground with that animation, while 2 more yellow novus and 2 Red Novus where biting away at me. The Red novus is extremely scary. It deals like 2-3 300 damage Hits in 1 second. I received a good 10K damage in that frame while I was using AV. Wasted like 30 Whites and had to tele away. Naturally I failed the first try. Ran out of whites before killing 50.

As a Wanderer Server Rainstorm >> Arrow Vulcan:

The cast time is about the same, but it is a 11x11 AOE and the damage is @#!$@##%. I did like 1.8K x12 Hits on a Magmaring. And im using normal and not crystal arrows, and my level is only 100. At 150 the damage will be 1.5x. My base dex was only 95.. With the right arrows, higher dex and at levels approaching 150, im sure u can dish out easily 3.5K x12 Hits.

The only problem is it is VERY SP intensive. I have 105 total INT and its still not enough. If you are rich, Arc Angeling is a good thing to get for her.

Edited by Noumi, 02 August 2011 - 10:19 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users