#1 xicocalles

xicocalles

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 31 July 2011 - 10:37 AM

Hello !
I used to play RO years ago and my brother made me come back, I was planning on going hunter/sniper, bc as I remember it was simple, fast leveling up and it was easy to gear up.
But, I am aware that a lot has changed on RO so my old builds are nothing here, I used to be AGI/DEX and a little INT/VIT at the end, then Nimble Gloves, Apple of Archer, Binos and the usual PVP gears for WoE and Sniper only a little bit more PVP, by now you can see that I wasnt a good player ! =D
SO ! ! !
If anyone with a little bit of time and can suggest me a build that is more, "modern" if you will, on hunter.

Thanks a lot !
I havent even created a char but planning to do it today.

Spekkie !

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 01 August 2011 - 07:22 AM

Hunter question -> Archer class Forum.

Someone help this guy out.

Edited by DrAzzy, 01 August 2011 - 07:22 AM.

#3 wotmint

wotmint

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 07:20 PM

I would recommend playing other classes if you want to be a ranger later. Why? rangers use traps rather than bows. Recent patch, rangers are being nerfed. So yeah look to other classes.

But if you still wanna be a hunter/sniper...

Just stick to AGI/DEX build it's still viable. If you want fun playing, i recommend LUK hunter. Traps are viable now, blast mine, landmine are good now. Basically hunters are the same as before cept you can use traps now.

#4 TsukishiroSayuki

TsukishiroSayuki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • LocationRune Midgard
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 15 August 2011 - 10:36 PM

Recent patch, rangers are being nerfed. So yeah look to other classes.

Actually they are not, if u must say it's the other way, Bow Skill is being buffed.
I can't really consider the modification in fire/ice trap really nerf, its small things, yeah u can't put under monsters, but they have elements now that is better.

Edited by TsukishiroSayuki, 15 August 2011 - 10:37 PM.

#5 Anko

Anko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 08:21 AM

90ish dex, 50ish int. That should allow you to oneshot hillwinds (the higher level ones) once you are in range and you can 99 on those with landmine. Rest can be put in agi for flee. Helpful gears are peco peco head band from kafra shop for fast walk, quad malicious dagger, moonie dagger or fortune sword and tele clip.

If you are lacking basic gears you can get some for free in eden group.

#6 TsukishiroSayuki

TsukishiroSayuki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • LocationRune Midgard

Posted 19 August 2011 - 12:35 AM

Helpful gears are peco peco head band from kafra shop for fast walk

You don't really need that, you already will have Wind Walker. Yeah u combo both, but there are better headgears.

#7 Anko

Anko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 08:01 AM

You don't really need that, you already will have Wind Walker. Yeah u combo both, but there are better headgears.

That is a sniper skill and i'm not clear if the opener is starting again or already has a sniper, hence i said helpful. TBH you can trap naked.

#8 TsukishiroSayuki

TsukishiroSayuki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • LocationRune Midgard

Posted 20 August 2011 - 12:16 AM

That is a sniper skill and i'm not clear if the opener is starting again or already has a sniper

Yeah i got that, but get 99/50 is so ease now that you not even need build to it, just put full dex/agi and some int and DS anything still moving, so the build to make should be for Sniper/Ranger and be traper only then, so when u really need the Pecopeco hair band than, and just till u got wind walker. but if he have other's chars in the same account would be problaby good to him because u can put kafra.

#9 xicocalles

xicocalles

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 10:21 PM

Thanks to everyone !

#10 xicocalles

xicocalles

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 09:02 AM

so.............
I made a build for hunter and just used a calculator to check how much damage will I do on hill wind and according to the iRO calculator it would be 3400 with DS and 600 on basic attack.
I just want to know if thats correct, if thats what a hunter should get with Hill Wind.
Calculating without priest buffs, only with hunter buffs and stone arrow.
Dex - 96 + 44
Agi - 70 + 15
Int - 50 + 4
Vit - 38 + 2
Str - 6 + 4 ( kinda useless )

#11 Noumi

Noumi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 03:22 AM

Stone arrows? Thats expensive to get isn't it. Try to level @ maps weak to Fire or Silver Arrows. Those are Cheaper. Your DS and normal damage doesn't even tally. DS is 380% of your normal attack so it should be around 2,400 damage. How did u get 3,400?

I would recommend leveling on Porcellios. They die in 2 DS with Fire Arrows and are non aggro. In fact the whole map is non aggro. Much safer than to level @ hill winds unless u have a party with u.

#12 xicocalles

xicocalles

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 03:28 AM

I got it all on the iRO calculator, I felt like something was wrong but since I dont understand the renewal yet I though maybe I was just rusty and out of fashion ! =P
My friends only talk about Hill Wind but sadly they dont RO anymore so since I need party, thats kinda out of the question for now, gonna check Porcellios, thanks ! =D

#13 Anko

Anko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 06:02 AM

The calc might not be accurate.

#14 Haze

Haze

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • LocationBear Country
  • Server:Classic

Posted 23 August 2011 - 06:53 AM

90ish dex, 50ish int. That should allow you to oneshot hillwinds (the higher level ones) once you are in range and you can 99 on those with landmine. Rest can be put in agi for flee. Helpful gears are peco peco head band from kafra shop for fast walk, quad malicious dagger, moonie dagger or fortune sword and tele clip.

If you are lacking basic gears you can get some for free in eden group.

Another basic gear that helps is a Soul-Collectors armor. I believe thats earth deleter card. You could switch out the moonie dagger with one of these, and you should never run out of sp. This card gives you 10 sp per monster killed with melee. Don't the Sniper traps only cost 10sp anyways? I have tested this, and traps count as a melee kill. I could load my sniper up to 85% weight and grind for hours on end, never having to worry about sp or running out of traps. The Quad malicious dagger is needed for Ranger leveling, more than any of those. Moonie dagger is only good, if you've got reflect damage going (because it is 3 sp per melee attack, and that's not enough to keep your sp up without doing damage to 20+ mobs at once... especially with soul drain in nogg and a few other places).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users