AlisiaMT

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1149 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 02 August 2011 - 04:14 PM

Coming from our interesting conversation about bananas. Here is my mom's Banana Bread recipe, as promised =)

Banana Bread__________From: Mixmaster Recipe Book from 1950's

2 Lrg. or 3 Small [ripe] Bananas - smash with fork on waxed paper
1/2 C shortening
1 1/2 C sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 C buttermilk or sour milk (milk + 1 tsp. vinegar)
2 C sifted flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. soda
1/2 tsp. salt

Cream shortening, sugar, eggs and vanilla. Add alternately flour mixture, milk and bananas.
Pour into greased and floured 9x13 cake pan. Bake for 30-34 minutes at 350 degrees.

Banana Cream Pie__________From: Mom

9" Pie Crust

1 Lrg. box cooked Vanilla pudding
1 Sm. box instant Banana Cream pudding
Milk (I believe you will need 4 1/2 C total)
3 Bananas, sliced (or as many as you want)
1/2 Pint Whip Cream, whipped with sugar and vanilla added for garnish.

Cook vanilla pudding using the "Pie" instructions on the box. Let cool. Then mix the instant Banana Cream pudding using the "Pie" instructions on the box. After the vanilla has cooled, mix the two puddings together and add bananas. If you want, you can line the crust bottom with sliced bananas before you pour the pudding mixture into the pie shell. Put plastic wrap over the pie and refrigerate. When ready to serve, cover it with whipped cream or set a bowl of whipped cream out and people can put it on their pie themselves.
-----------------------------
Pie Crust__________From: Better Homes and Garden Cook Book

Ingredients: Flour, Salt, Shortening, cold Water/Use dough cutter or two butter knives to cut the shortening into the flour. Never knead the dough very much. It makes it tough. Make it into a ball and roll it onto 2 floured sheets of waxed paper until it's thin and it looks big enough to fit into your tin. To put the dough into your pie tin, place your pie tin upside down over the top of the crust then carefully slide your hand under the waxed paper with your hand on the bottom of the tin and flip it so the crust is on top of the pie tin. Then carefully remove the waxed paper from the crust and gently line your pan with your crust. Trim the edges around the outside of the tin about 2", then fold under all around and pinch (flute) it together with your Left thumb and Right thumb and forefinger to make a fancy looking pie crust.
Bake it for about 8 minutes at 350 degrees until light golden brown. Let cool before you put your pie filling in.

9" Single Crust - use for all Cream Pies
9" Double Crust - use for Fruit Pies
10" Single Crust - use for a larger pan
10" Double Crust - I use this for Fruit Pies because it makes enough crust to cover the pie. Also
this is used when I make meat pies like Turkey Pot Pies.

Edited by AlisiaMT, 02 August 2011 - 04:29 PM.

#2 ChickenBucket

ChickenBucket

Bourgeois Representative

• Members
  • 1175 posts
  • LocationPuerto Rico
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Poo'onis

Posted 02 August 2011 - 04:40 PM

/offtopic not rose related move it nao

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users