What is the Best Leveling Build for Alchemists? - Merchant Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

What is the Best Leveling Build for Alchemists?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 03 August 2011 - 12:12 AM

Hey all thinking of deleting one of my main acct chars to make a Alchemist for eventually a Geneticist. Will probably say goodbye to my almost LK.

Now I am wondering what the best leveling build would be to reach 99/50 the quickest/cheapest. Please try to keep in mind I do NOT like to spend a fortune on inn's or sp recovery items. However I do happen to have a Earth Deleter Carded Pantie to use if needed.

I prefer to spend my zenny on gear that I can use and then perhaps later resell. I do not mind spending a bit of zenny on White Potions either if needed.

From What I can see the best way to level would probably be with Cart Revolution as Acid Terror and Bombs get quite expensive considering the number of monsters you need to kill in order to level.

If Cart Rev is the best way then plz lmk what the best weapon is to use for the Merchant/Alchemist, with a reasonable cost? Not looking for insane weapons over say 5m.

***EDIT: I was checking some things out and it seems like the best weapon to use, If I am NOT going to bother with shield, looks like a Two-Handed Axe [2] with 2 Andre Cards in it since it's useable at level 30. It's only around 500k and I can upgrade it to +5 as well no break for a total of 250 Attack.

Best 1H weapon seems tobe SwordMace[1] with +5 and 1 Andre for 175 Attack but may as well use the Eden weapon for 163 Attack instead for free.

Seems best to bypass the Shield***

Stats:

For a good Cart Rev build what is the best stat build/progression?

It seems like Dex for hitting ofc and after that Vit for survivability & HP recovery plus some Int perhaps for spamming CR. Not sure how high Vit & Int should go for it though and wondering if getting any Str is really worth it at all.

Thanks in advance for any advice here.

Edited by EvilLoynis, 03 August 2011 - 12:32 AM.

#2 Noumi

Noumi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 12:39 AM

I was about to say mammonite spamming... LOL. guess that is not in your options list.....

Using Earth Deleter card to mob and spam cart revo maybe the best idea like u said. Its a good idea to mob assist type monsters. You hit one and the rest come to mob u, so u get to set your own pace. Then start spamming cart revo. A good examples is Goats @ yuno_fild11. Their HP is very low for their level and exp; <4K

Given they are fire3, I guess a VVS ICE 2H AXE is a good option.

#3 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 01:00 AM

I was about to say mammonite spamming... LOL. guess that is not in your options list.....

Using Earth Deleter card to mob and spam cart revo maybe the best idea like u said. Its a good idea to mob assist type monsters. You hit one and the rest come to mob u, so u get to set your own pace. Then start spamming cart revo. A good examples is Goats @ yuno_fild11. Their HP is very low for their level and exp; <4K

Given they are fire3, I guess a VVS ICE 2H AXE is a good option.

ROFL you guess right about Mammonite spamming. I really think thats just insane now since you can't really hunt anything worthwhile to give you big chunks of exp to make up for the zenny used. I don't even want to try to figure the math on how much zenny you would use with this skill to get to 99/50. Would probably be cheaper just getting Blank cards to trade in for exp lol.

As for Elemental help I have an Endow Slave to help me out for whatever I decide to hunt. It's more cost efficient than getting 4 different hammers just for leveling.

It's kind of sad, my preferred method/build are Agility based. However I do not think that is a realistic option for Alchemists. It is a GREAT option for Blacksmiths though as they have some great skills to help out like ARush, PThrust and WPerf great damage very quickly with nice 2Handed Axes.

#4 Prtssguy

Prtssguy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 07:21 PM

I'm a biochem @ lvl 95. I'm using two handed ele axes atm, but do we eventually switch to swords? Does the axe mastery affect swords (irowiki?) as well as stack with sword mastery that geneticists get (for a total of +80 with 1h sword?)
My damage is kinda low atm. 650 @ 172 aspd as STR/AGI based. Also white potion throwing doesn't heal that much on my 1 vit :)
Cart Revo is pretty nice right now. Over 1200 dmg and I think it's affected by my ASPD because i can spam it really well.

#5 Noumi

Noumi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 09:41 PM

Its best to check the in Game description of the skill than refer to iRO wiki. If the in game descrip did mention axes and 1H swords, then you are in luck :) And indeed once u move on to Genetic 1H swords are better than axes due to the additional sword mastery they give u.

Can you afford both the twin edges of naught sader? They are the best weapons for u once u turn Genetic. Regarding ur 1 Vit problem... I have to ask another question. Does HFC and RDWH work with Cart cannon? Anyone knows? Cos if it does, your low pot rate problem is solved :D

#6 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 04 August 2011 - 11:45 AM

Its best to check the in Game description of the skill than refer to iRO wiki.

This is absolutely not true. 95+% of the time, when iW and ingame description disagrees, iW is correct and the game description is wrong.
This applies only to iW, not the RMS database (RMS is almost always wrong when it disagrees with iW or ingame desc, and should not be used as a resource).

Axe mastery now boosts damage with 1hand swords in addition to axes, this change was made with renewal, but the skill name/desc was not updated to reflect that.

Edited by DrAzzy, 04 August 2011 - 11:48 AM.

#7 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 04:21 AM

This is absolutely not true. 95+% of the time, when iW and ingame description disagrees, iW is correct and the game description is wrong.
This applies only to iW, not the RMS database (RMS is almost always wrong when it disagrees with iW or ingame desc, and should not be used as a resource).

Axe mastery now boosts damage with 1hand swords in addition to axes, this change was made with renewal, but the skill name/desc was not updated to reflect that.

Glad you said this as I was offline for about a week due to commputer crash and die.

#8 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 02:00 PM

Stats:

For a good Cart Rev build what is the best stat build/progression?

It seems like Dex for hitting ofc and after that Vit for survivability & HP recovery plus some Int perhaps for spamming CR. Not sure how high Vit & Int should go for it though and wondering if getting any Str is really worth it at all.

Thanks in advance for any advice here.

Can anyone make suggestions on this please for a CR build?

#9 JennieLemon

JennieLemon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 12:41 AM

(not really up to date with renewal mechanics so some of what I say might be wrong!...)

My first Alchemist was an Agi build that used cart revo on mobs, all it takes is for your cart to be full and 8000/8000 weight, to get maxed damage out of CR (and of course your Str adds attack, and CR never misses? i think). her build went something like this:

Str 80+
Agi 90+
int 30
vit 20+
dex 40+
luk 0

agi builds are nice because if you run out of SP CRing you can still kill things quickly one by one, and not have to waste money on blue pots and the like. Agi was a tad tedious to level at first though, so you might opt for something completely different.

I'd try shooting for a battle build with 50+ Dex 90+ str and perhaps going more Vit then agi so you can tank the mobs you drag around, Int hasn't really been an issue for me- but put some in if you feel its necessary.
I've been trying out a vit type Alchemist and I prefer her much more, I still kill monsters efficiently and haven't dipped into my zeny pool for things other than fresh fish for potting, and of course, gears.
I've been using ele sword maces so I can wear a shield, but I think in terms of ASPD 2h axes are much better, +7 Saber [3] are also pretty cheap it seems, and I think they attack faster too? ahhh im not sure :x

If you plan to do the Eden quests (which seems like something everyone would do) then you'll find your first few mobs wont require much mobbing/cart revoing so being able to kill things quickly will suit you in the beginning. Hope this helps somewhat o;

#10 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 07:48 AM

To tell you the truth I usually avoid 90% of the eden sign hunt quests as being impractical for certain characters. Like it's a stupid idea to take a mage into Payon Cave and Orc Dungeon imho as there are TONS of better places to level.

For my Alchy's weapon I plan to use a Two Handed Axe [2] upgraded at least to +5 with 2 Andre Cards (+20Atk*2) for some massive damage. I will also be spamming Cart Rev to level with because I have Earth Deleter Panties for sp Recovery.

I really figured that I would have to use a Vit based build to survive mobbing and since Agi based is not that good for a mobbing build was not going to go that way. Also have a Marine Sphere Card for Magnum Break for early leveling on Ant Eggs hehe.

If I am wrong on Agi not being useful for Cart Rev/Mobbing plz let me know asap. I have not made my char yet so would like to know before doing so.

#11 JennieLemon

JennieLemon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 10:32 AM

Yes, Cart Revo is ASPD based, so you would get a bit for spammage on a Vit build.

Some of the quests are a bit silly, but for melee classes they make more sense, since you just smack things. The Orc dungeon Quests are definitely a must, and even if you decide to go anti quest you'll probably end up in Orc dungeon 2 for most of your leveling, great place to mob. Bathorys was a good place to mob not sure on the level requirements though, the new leveling system has made me hop around a lot, I think goats is still a viable option once you hit 75+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users