Ragnarok World Championship 2011 Community Events - Page 2 - Creative Contraptions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Ragnarok World Championship 2011 Community Events

• Please log in to reply
191 replies to this topic

#26 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 06 August 2011 - 01:27 PM

...Can I sing the Animation theme song because I know that way better. ;-;

Edited by Ralis, 09 August 2011 - 12:15 PM.

#27 AtlasThunderbeef

AtlasThunderbeef

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 905 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 06 August 2011 - 08:45 PM

I might make a video if I have time, I really like the RWC theme.

#28 Otheos

Otheos

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 01:53 AM

Fanart contest:
1. Must be an original work of the participant (no photoshops from the google image search)

Format
1. Submit the original file in .psd or .ai and a finished image in .jpg format.
2. Finished image should be 1600x1200

Guess you mean .psd or .sai format.. though are we allowed to send the psd or sai file afterwards (if choosed to be a winner) via pm?
I seriously dislike to give them out on a public forum..

#29 AhinaReyoh

AhinaReyoh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1088 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 05:16 AM

Guess you mean .psd or .sai format.. though are we allowed to send the psd or sai file afterwards (if choosed to be a winner) via pm?

Isn't .ai an Adobe Illustrator file?

#30 Jaggudada

Jaggudada

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • LocationEternia
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 08 August 2011 - 02:15 AM

errr... made one.. :blink: now where to send/post it?

#31 Ciel

Ciel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • LocationExtreme Super South, Texas

Posted 08 August 2011 - 11:05 AM

Ok, I am going to try to enter myself! Here goes to trying, and praying that my Flash->.wma/.avi format works. >.<

#32 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 09 August 2011 - 08:47 AM

errr... made one.. :blink: now where to send/post it?

Post the youtube/image here (easier for me to keep track of these if they're in one thread. Once we start getting enough people working on 'em we can get some separate threads where people can post.

#33 veechuu

veechuu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 12:48 PM

I seriously dislike to give them out on a public forum..

I agree with this, that means anybody can download the high quality .psd/.ai and resell it =/

#34 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 09 August 2011 - 12:50 PM

I agree with this, that means anybody can download the high quality .psd/.ai and resell it =/

Put a watermark on the posted version and you can send us the finished version privately.

#35 Kiehl

Kiehl

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 355 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 August 2011 - 11:17 PM

We were also concerned about posting the psd files here, that sounds a good solution.
Should the fanarts be publicly posted before the contest deadline (in addition to privately)? Other that the psd theft, people can also be unconsciously influenced from what they see in other artworks. Otherwise posting them near the deadline can be a workaround.

Additionally, can we write on the fanarts stuff like RWC, etc....?

And last, the 3 submission per user limit is to be intended for category (3 fanarts + 3 cosplays + 3 videos) or cumulative for the 3 (2 fanarts + 1 cosplay, 2 cosplays + 1 video, ...)

#36 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 10 August 2011 - 05:52 AM

We were also concerned about posting the psd files here, that sounds a good solution.
Should the fanarts be publicly posted before the contest deadline (in addition to privately)? Other that the psd theft, people can also be unconsciously influenced from what they see in other artworks. Otherwise posting them near the deadline can be a workaround.

Additionally, can we write on the fanarts stuff like RWC, etc....?

And last, the 3 submission per user limit is to be intended for category (3 fanarts + 3 cosplays + 3 videos) or cumulative for the 3 (2 fanarts + 1 cosplay, 2 cosplays + 1 video, ...)

I believe the restriction is cumulative for official entries.

I don't see a rule against putting text on the image. I'd like to see postings of the work during the contest, in part to check in on what people are working on (and to insure that we actually have people intending on submitting)and so that people will see what others are working on so we don't get duplicate entries.

#37 Jaggudada

Jaggudada

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • LocationEternia

Posted 10 August 2011 - 07:33 AM

just posing a lowwww res version <_<.
Posted Image

1ST ONE TO POSSSTTTTTTT..

Edited by Jaggudada, 10 August 2011 - 07:34 AM.

#38 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 07:54 AM

Awesome contest! I'll try to enter this one!

#39 Allysia

Allysia

• Members
  • 519 posts
  • LocationIn a better Place.
  • Server:My Company

Posted 12 August 2011 - 09:28 AM

Here the first of my entries.

Posted Image

It's been really painful for me draw again RO fanarts, after the bad business with Gravity Europe (this was also a reason cos I didn't want post the pictures
on the forum), anyway in the end I made something.
It isn't really good and I don't think that it will be better when I will have colored it, but I can say to have tried.

If will be possible I would like to take part with 2 illustrations, since this pic was on RWC theme and for the ppl that know me, they know that I'm
not so a big fan of PVP/WoE. So if the first pic is on RWC theme the second will be something for me, maybe not so good for this contest, but at least
make me a bit less depressed after the problem that I said in the beginning of this message.

Some notes about this sketch that I posted now, in the beginning I wanted to color it with Manga Studio Ex, but then I thought that
Corel Painter and Photoshop fitted better for it, so I will use those programs.
Regarding the theme, as I said I'm not so fan of PvP(I'm talking as player), so I watch the RWC as a person watches an action movie at the cinema.
For this reason that I built this image as a movie poster.
About the chars, well to avoid problems with copyright and etc. I used only my and my husband chars
(except for the HP and SinX, that are random chars, since mine weren't so good as hair cut) and being a RWC illustration I made all them
Transcendent, cos the Third classes aren't still accepted in the event.

Sorry for the big watermarks, but as ODA and Heimdallr know, I'm obsessed with the fanart thefts, so often I exaggerate with the protections.

About my cosplay entry, well since I have 14 RO costumes, I still need to decided about it. Then in August is really difficult contact the photographers to have
the pictures in high resolutions(this is also for my husband submissions). So I reserve to post my costume before of the end of the contest, hoping to
have some good shots.

So here just a little question for ODA, are the photos with vertical(as this my picture: Link) orientation accepted?

As last thing, when I will have the second illustration sketch ready I will edit this post with it.
Sorry for the long message and for my terrible english.

Post Update:
After 2 days of full work, finally am almost decent sketch is came.

Posted Image

As I wrote previously in this message, my second entry was for me and my taste, so I know that this theme isn't good for RWC contest, but if the theme could be also RO in general and for me RO is only "him"...well I had to make a pic like this and put in it also my loved Shadow Chaser.

When the pic will be colored I will post it in other message where I put already the other my entry.

Edited by Allysia, 22 August 2011 - 04:53 PM.

#40 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 12 August 2011 - 10:02 AM

Here the first of my entries.

Posted Image

It's been really painful for me draw again RO fanarts, after the bad business with Gravity Europe (this was also a reason cos I didn't want post the pictures
on the forum), anyway in the end I made something.
It isn't really good and I don't think that it will be better when I will have colored it, but I can say to have tried.

If will be possible I would like to take part with 2 illustrations, since this pic was on RWC theme and for the ppl that know me, they know that I'm
not so a big fan of PVP/WoE. So if the first pic is on RWC theme the second will be something for me, maybe not so good for this contest, but at least
make me a bit less depressed after the problem that I said in the beginning of this message.

Some notes about this sketch that I posted now, in the beginning I wanted to color it with Manga Studio Ex, but then I thought that
Corel Painter and Photoshop fitted better for it, so I will use those programs.
Regarding the theme, as I said I'm not so fan of PvP(I'm talking as player), so I watch the RWC as a person watches an action movie at the cinema.
For this reason that I built this image as a movie poster.
About the chars, well to avoid problems with copyright and etc. I used only my and my husband chars
(except for the HP and SinX, that are random chars, since mine weren't so good as hair cut) and being a RWC illustration I made all them
Transcendent, cos the Third classes aren't still accepted in the event.

Sorry for the big watermarks, but as ODA and Heimdallr know, I'm obsessed with the fanart thefts, so often I exaggerate with the protections.

About my cosplay entry, well since I have 14 RO costumes, I still need to decided about it. Then in August is really difficult contact the photographers to have
the pictures in high resolutions(this is also for my husband submissions). So I reserve to post my costume before of the end of the contest, hoping to
have some good shots.

So here just a little question for ODA, are the photos with vertical(as this my picture: Link) orientation accepted?

As last thing, when I will have the second illustration sketch ready I will edit this post with it.
Sorry for the long message and for my terrible english.

Great work as always! In talking with Heim, I don't think you guys have to worry too much about the images/videos as long as they meet the minimum requirements as this is the first time kRO's done this for RWC and whatever you guys are going to do is going to be very much at the top of the creative heap. Frankly, this is a super short notice thing that kRO put on and I think they'd just be happy to get as many good entries as they can before the cutoff date.

#41 Kiehl

Kiehl

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 06:04 PM

(I'm answering in behalf of Allysia since she cannot run other programs while using Painter)
@Oda: Thanks a lot for everything

#42 Blubba

Blubba

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 193 posts
  • LocationCork, Ireland
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 15 August 2011 - 06:30 PM

When is the last date we can send in our video?

Also, do you guys have the picture of the RWC 2011 Logo? (the one i see on the video)
.wav or .mp3 of the song you might dont have right? T_T

Edited by Blubba, 15 August 2011 - 06:42 PM.

#43 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 16 August 2011 - 05:37 AM

When is the last date we can send in our video?
Also, do you guys have the picture of the RWC 2011 Logo? (the one i see on the video)
.wav or .mp3 of the song you might dont have right? T_T

Please send it in by August 31st, we have to cut off submissions then.

I'll add the files we got to the OP.

I have the .wav version of the song, just click the Instrumental or Vocal versions WAV links in the OP.

#44 PhenixFire

PhenixFire

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 16 August 2011 - 08:48 AM

Could someone be so kinda as to private message some the answers to these questions:

1. Which countries are participating in the international USRC or is it bRO, pRO, euRO, kRO, jRO and iRO?
2. Who won from the iRO, if you have classes, names, all that would be great, as much info as possible.
3. Who won last years USRC, and who competed from iRO
4. Date of the USRC
5. If you are Hawt or Nawt ~

k, thaaaanks <3

#45 Blubba

Blubba

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 193 posts
  • LocationCork, Ireland

Posted 16 August 2011 - 01:54 PM

I just read that Oda

"Since the limit for videos is 5 minutes and the song is only a little longer than 1 minute"

Is it ok if its just going to be around 1min 30 seconds or such.
I was more thinking of making a some kind of Trailer for the RWC with the Music, and Trailers are not longer then 2 min lol

#46 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 19 August 2011 - 06:19 AM

I just read that Oda

"Since the limit for videos is 5 minutes and the song is only a little longer than 1 minute"

Is it ok if its just going to be around 1min 30 seconds or such.
I was more thinking of making a some kind of Trailer for the RWC with the Music, and Trailers are not longer then 2 min lol

That shouldn't be a problem!

#47 Allysia

Allysia

• Members
  • 519 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 06:40 PM

Finally after a long battle against my Corel Painter that continued to crash for a computer problem, I finished my first entry for this contest. Here the preview.
Posted Image
As I said previously it isn't really good, but is the best that I can make with my actual mood.

About my second entry in this week-end I will work on that sketch, and I will insert it in my previous post when it will be ready.

I have just a question about PSD file.

Since my pics keep also 70 and more layers, I would like to know if I must send it with all layers or if I can merge them(I hope in this cos so the pics are lighter to send).

Post Update:

Here the second entry colored
Posted Image

Still I need to know if for the big size version I must send it with all layers or with the merged layers. Please ODA answer me, otherwise I will send you both version, so you are free to take what that you prefer.

About cosplay picture.
Well, Still I need to decide about it even if I selected already 4 costumes(Allysia, Stalker, Sura or Celia/Bios scholar), but what will be the favorite between these I will decided after this week-end where I will take some new shots.

Then I will send all the stuff.

Edited by Allysia, 23 September 2011 - 03:39 AM.

#48 Hayabusax

Hayabusax

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 11:48 PM

Finally after a long battle against my Corel Painter that continued to crash for a computer problem, I finished my first entry for this contest. Here the preview.
Posted Image
As I said previously it isn't really good, but is the best that I can make with my actual mood.

About my second entry in this week-end I will work on that sketch, and I will insert it in my previous post when it will be ready.

I have just a question about PSD file.

Since my pics keep also 70 and more layers, I would like to know if I must send it with all layers or if I can merge them(I hope in this cos so the pics are lighter to send).

It looks very exquisite Allysia.

#49 Allysia

Allysia

• Members
  • 519 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 02:53 AM

Thanks a lot, you are really kind.^____^

#50 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 20 August 2011 - 05:08 AM

Is anyone else using chrome getting a warning when going to this page? It's noting the hoshi-astrea site may have a malware infection...might want to check that out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users