Open your eyes yo - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 6 votes

Open your eyes yo

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#26 Brindizer

Brindizer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • LocationDuluth
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 05 August 2011 - 07:06 PM

Working as intended.

Posted Image

Edited by Brindizer, 05 August 2011 - 07:37 PM.

#27 AtlasThunderbeef

AtlasThunderbeef

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 905 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 05 August 2011 - 07:19 PM

Stop making them then? They come down in price because of how easy they are to make, and how many never level the circulation. Brynhild does more because it is harder to make and it is more expensive because there are not as many of them in game either.

Is Asprika as powerful as WoE 1 items : Oh heck no
Is Asprika as powerful as Brynhild ? No its not, but it is easier to acquire too.

That's not the point. We know it's the easiest god item to make, and we know it's not as powerful as the other god items because of that.

But dammit man, it's a God Item. And that God Item is being beat in the Garment of Choice Awards by the Nidhoggur's Shadow Garb.

If it was working as the description says, guilds would be more onto it, the market would be tighter when it comes to requirement items, people would fight for control over the castles because they would worry about rival guilds getting more of them. Instead of selling them, a guild who for example has two sets and decides to make both because they have a castle with appropriate econ, they would keep them and use them for battle because it would benefit them more than spending the money they make of selling them, on supplies.

Buffing it to what it says in the description would spark competition over the Asprikas again, not just the Brynhilds.

In the end there will get to be more Asprikas. But those Asprikas would be made for people who have worked hard and would deserve them. Fought with their guildmates to acquire the different castles that holds the requirement items. Set a goal to get an Asprika, one of the godly items crafted in the realms of Okolnir, the hidden God Realm protected by the Valkyries.

Do you know what people think when they first hear about God Items? They think about the most powerful items in the game.

They sure as hell don't think "Oh a god item, don't worry. This other gear is better and more widely used. That god item is nothing more than a glorified teleport clip".

#28 Ardi

Ardi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 07:28 PM

Heim... it is not cheap because its EASIER to get. I bought the pieces of mine for (god I cant believe I'm admitting this) 3 bil with discounts without the run. This was BEFORE they decided it was only a tele garment. Now the whole thing MADE is selling for way under a bil and people aren't even trying to sell them anymore. Noone wants to make them because the ONLY use you have is if you are using kaahi on a sorc and are too lazy to use flywings/tele clip switch or like you switch from nyd->asprika->tele->nyd when im on SC. Its basically the lazy rich mans tele clip.

Edited by Ardi, 05 August 2011 - 07:29 PM.

#29 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 August 2011 - 07:33 PM

OK lazy people, you know why asprika feels like a teleport garment???? becouse the change made to asprika was to reduce 30% demi-human damage(TESTED AND REDUCE A HUGE AMOUNT OF MAGIC DAMAGE) but since GoH(a huge portion), Dragons Breath, Cart Canon, Hells plant(actually nothing reduce the damage of this crap, except gr) and many other non magic skills ignores racials reduction

#30 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 05 August 2011 - 07:42 PM

OK lazy people, you know why asprika feels like a teleport garment???? becouse the change made to asprika was to reduce 30% demi-human damage(TESTED AND REDUCE A HUGE AMOUNT OF MAGIC DAMAGE) but since GoH(a huge portion), Dragons Breath, Cart Canon, Hells plant(actually nothing reduce the damage of this crap, except gr) and many other non magic skills ignores racials reduction

You're forgetting Noxious Nyd for some of those and of course Fire Armor for DB.

#31 AtlasThunderbeef

AtlasThunderbeef

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 905 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 05 August 2011 - 07:46 PM

I find it very hard to take you seriously because of the way you type.

Actually, I don't understand what your point was with that post. Bascially you're telling me/us that Asprika feels like a teleport garment because the change made to asprika was 30% less demi-human damage? Where was that shit written? And following, that because a bunch of skills you listed ignore racial reduction... That still doesn't add up.

The description says "Reduce 30% damage from all elements". I'm pretty sure "Demi-Human" is not an element.

It should reduce:

Neutral
Fire
Water
Earth
Shadow
Holy
Wind
Dark
Poison
Magic Fire
Magic Water
Magic Earth
Magic Wind
Magic Holy
Magic Dark
Magic Shadow
Dragon Fire

Basically anything one can consider "it's own element".

#32 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 07:48 PM

I find it very hard to take you seriously because of the way you type.

Actually, I don't understand what your point was with that post. Bascially you're telling me/us that Asprika feels like a teleport garment because the change made to asprika was 30% less demi-human damage? Where was that shit written? And following, that because a bunch of skills you listed ignore racial reduction... That still doesn't add up.

The description says "Reduce 30% damage from all elements". I'm pretty sure "Demi-Human" is not an element.

It should reduce:

Neutral
Fire
Water
Earth
Shadow
Holy
Wind
Dark
Poison
Magic Fire
Magic Water
Magic Earth
Magic Wind
Magic Holy
Magic Dark
Magic Shadow
Dragon Fire

Basically anything one can consider "it's own element".

then check the spare card: it gives +1 luck hidden, check valk mant it gives 20 flee hidden and the description in game you know fails a pair of times XD, and remenber that asprika in PRE-RENEWAL reduced magic too, BUT ITS NO IN THE DESCRIPTION... NO?
i think i gona post the hidden effects and things that are not in description

Edited by Mefistofeles, 05 August 2011 - 10:18 PM.

#33 Daize

Daize

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 213 posts
  • Server:classic

Posted 05 August 2011 - 09:23 PM

then check the spare card: it gives +1 luck hidden, check valk mant it gives 20 flee hidden and the description in game you know fails a pair of times XD, and remenber that asprika in PRE-RENEWAL reduced magic too, BUT ITS NO IN THE DESCRIPTION... NO?
i thinki gona post the hidden effects and things that are not in description

check valk mant it gives 20 flee hidden and the description in game you know fails a pair of times XD

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

#34 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 05 August 2011 - 10:29 PM

Never use my Asprika... It rots in storage. @@

#35 DeltaRay

DeltaRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1076 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 11:57 PM

I think that asprika needs to work on physical melee and physical ranged , doesnt need to work on magic.

#36 weaseI

weaseI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 12:27 AM

A wing made of all lights that exist in the world. The word means 'the light of gods.'
Reduces damage from melee attacks of all elements by 30%.
Enables the use of [Teleport] Lv 1.

@Heim, please update Asprika description in game based from that description so all of this bches stop bching.

#37 Braska

Braska

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1353 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 August 2011 - 01:35 AM

Maybe it's easier to acquire because it not as good as it used to be :rofl:

#38 candyZ

candyZ

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 544 posts
  • LocationMother Earth
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 06 August 2011 - 02:46 AM

I think that asprika needs to work on physical melee and physical ranged , doesnt need to work on magic.

+10

#39 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 07:33 AM

@Heim, please update Asprika description in game based from that description so all of this bches stop bching.

+9999999999999

#40 Easly

Easly

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1716 posts
  • Server:ymir/valk

Posted 06 August 2011 - 08:21 AM

It should reduce all elemental damagebut if your worried about scrubs who can't play their class complaining make it give 10% hp or something like that, the only thing this is usefull for is tanking gx damage and teleporting.

And if your not going to fix the item fix the description cause it's straight up wrong and I'd be pretty mad if I was fairly new and decided to buy one only to find out it's more usefull as a paperweight

#41 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 06 August 2011 - 08:57 AM

i still use it a lot and switch to it in woe in a lot of situations as it reduces certain skills i could possibly die from. oh wait, switching gear is beyond most people here :rofl: . sure it's nothing like it was before and it is by far the crappiest god item, but it's far better than a "glorified tele clip"

Edited by Andini, 06 August 2011 - 09:01 AM.

#42 slaves

slaves

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • LocationDisney Land
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 06 August 2011 - 09:06 AM

600m for a god item?... what a lame price for such called goditem! it needs buff so people would treasure it more! that is why its called god item! coz its one of the rare and needs to be precious! :rofl:

#43 fr0stn0va

fr0stn0va

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 10:03 AM

asprika adds 30 flee :rofl:

#44 jax5

jax5

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 10:41 AM

It already does this.

Renewal Asprika appears to be 30% damage reduction to weapon atk (but not status atk) for all elements. From tests I've done, it worked fine to reduce GoH (but not that missing HP bonus portion).

Edited by jax5, 06 August 2011 - 10:42 AM.

#45 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 10:59 AM

It already does this.

Renewal Asprika appears to be 30% damage reduction to weapon atk (but not status atk) for all elements. From tests I've done, it worked fine to reduce GoH (but not that missing HP bonus portion).

i tested too and dont works against cart canon, hell plant (well its usless against all traps...) dragons breath, and dont reduce the full 30% of acid bomb... its like 10%, BUT THIS CRAP REDUCES MAGIC DAMAGE BY 30% XD.............>_>

#46 Anko

Anko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 11:07 AM

Make it truly reduce 30% from all elements except neutral in woe but not magic and also make it disable gtb on yourself. That way there is a time and a place for it and also a downside which prevents it being OP if you combo it with gtb/gr.

#47 jax5

jax5

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 11:12 AM

i tested too and dont works against cart canon, hell plant (well its usless against all traps...) dragons breath, and dont reduce the full 30% of acid bomb... its like 10%, BUT THIS CRAP REDUCES MAGIC DAMAGE BY 30% XD.............>_>

Like I said: weapon atk, but not status atk.

This is no different than the 7% on nyd or 20% on raydric, though, either. Those are both not going to reduce 7% or 20% of total physical, either. It's less to do about the specific garment "Asprika" and more to do with new combat mechanics in renewal.

#48 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 06 August 2011 - 11:16 AM

A friend of mine once said they wanted to buy an Asprika, because they thought it was "good." I laughed at them.

#49 jax5

jax5

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 11:22 AM

A friend of mine once said they wanted to buy an Asprika, because they thought it was "good." I laughed at them.

From personal experience, asprika on thanatos mvp (for example) resulted in lower consumable cost than any other garment I tried. Comparison against immune nyd: 95% fleeing the remaining minion and extra 3% neutral reduction > 7% extra reduction vs random magics.

In WoE, it is THE best reduction garment vs garment-reducible physical attacks (GoH, 9+ kvm GXs of any element, g fist).

#50 Nombus

Nombus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 374 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 11:49 AM

It's a decent PvM garment, especially for flee type characters. The idea of having it reduce all elements, stacking with glorious rings/kafra blossom + valk shield is silly. You're looking at 70% reduction to water/fire, 50% to wind and earth, 30% to everything else before even factoring elemental armor and demihuman resistance. People really have to start thinking before they post.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users