I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • LocationItaly
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 05 August 2011 - 12:27 PM

Hi guys,
I would like to have an info: i reached level 82 with my monk. My actual equipment, apart the eden group gear, constists only of a great quick muffler (!!!!!) . Since i am starting to farm some money and i have about 5 millions atm, i would like to receive an advice on what kind of equipment to focus first. Armor? Shield? Weapon? Accessory? Shoes? What do you think is better? I almost forgot to say that i was able to find a sohee card and a yoyo card while farming :rofl:

If it can help you guys, i went for an agi build combo monk.

Any advice will be appreciated!

#2 Noumi

Noumi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 11:17 PM

I heard about Leveling a monk and champ at Stapos using a +5 VVS Fire fist. It costs less than 1M in Valk. Dunno about your server though.

Next is to probably buy enough flee so that you can flee the stapos properly. They Require 318 to flee. Not hard to reach. If u cannot afford the Dragon vest and manteau combo which costs and average of 16M in total, You can make do with a Pantie and Undershirt. Gives +5 AGI and 10 Flee. Both cost less than 200K on average in total. Thanks to the Dragon Vest and Manteau combo these have become really cheap. At your current level, with Increase AGI and lvl 10 Flee @ 90 Base AGI you already have 314 Flee.

Next is to add DEX untill u have enough to hit the Stapos. They require 341 to hit. You probably need 70 base Dex. You will have 337 Hit at your lvl 82.

Perhaps continue on the eden quests untill you hit lvl 85, and gear/build yourself up for leveling at Stapos. When you hit lvl 90 There is another turn in quest u can do but I don't know anything about that @_@

#3 Kyridan

Kyridan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 06 August 2011 - 12:08 AM

Hi there Noumi! Thanks for the infos!

ATM my stats are:
str 54+16
agi 85+21 flee 317
vit 1+6
int 16+12 (at job lvl 50 it should be 30 for int bonus)
dex 54+14 hit 329
luk 3+3 (for flee and atk bonus :rofl:)

i should then simply look for an elemental weapon first? Wouldn't a fire stunner be better thank a fist by the way?
The dragon combo is really great ! I think to go for it asap since pantie + undershirt will give only +5 agi >_<
What about the accessory? And shoes?

#4 Noumi

Noumi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 11:23 AM

i should then simply look for an elemental weapon first? Wouldn't a fire stunner be better thank a fist by the way?

lets do a simple calculation using your stats on the RO Calculator on a Stapo with awakening potion:

With +5 VVS Fire Stunner: 400 Average Damage @ 176 ASPD
With +5 VVS Fire Fist: 459 Average Damage @ 179 ASPD

I don't think the ASPD reduction for using a mace class is that great after renewal. My Sura is using a Carga and his ASPD is 184. You may want to check your ASPD on a fist and a mace instead of relying on the calc.

Nonetheless the fist does more damage than the stunner because of 2 reasons:

1: Your Iron First increases the ATK on your fist weapons by 30.
2: Fist Weapons deal 100% damage to small monsters. Mace only deals 75%

And on top of everything, a VVS Fist is much cheaper than a VVS Stunner :rofl:

The dragon combo is really great ! I think to go for it asap since pantie + undershirt will give only +5 agi >_<

Yea like I said get the pantie + undershirt IF AND ONLY IF you cannot afford the dragon combo. You said you only had a 5M budget.. The dragon combo costs an average of 16M =.=

What about the accessory? And shoes?

I recommend just sticking to your eden boots for now. All the branded shoes can only be worn by transcendant classes. Wait till you are a champ before spending on them. Sprint Shoes with Matyr card is a good option. Gives 2 AGI and 10% Max HP.

As for Accessory, similar to the shoes, all the branded accessories require transcendant classes to use them. My Sura is using 2x Bison Horn with Mantis Cards. Gives 2 AGI 3 STR each. I don't have Megingjard, nor can I afford 2x ROFLs :rofl:

#5 Kyridan

Kyridan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 07 August 2011 - 04:22 AM

lets do a simple calculation using your stats on the RO Calculator on a Stapo with awakening potion:

With +5 VVS Fire Stunner: 400 Average Damage @ 176 ASPD
With +5 VVS Fire Fist: 459 Average Damage @ 179 ASPD

I don't think the ASPD reduction for using a mace class is that great after renewal. My Sura is using a Carga and his ASPD is 184. You may want to check your ASPD on a fist and a mace instead of relying on the calc.

Nonetheless the fist does more damage than the stunner because of 2 reasons:

1: Your Iron First increases the ATK on your fist weapons by 30.
2: Fist Weapons deal 100% damage to small monsters. Mace only deals 75%

And on top of everything, a VVS Fist is much cheaper than a VVS Stunner :rofl:

Yea like I said get the pantie + undershirt IF AND ONLY IF you cannot afford the dragon combo. You said you only had a 5M budget.. The dragon combo costs an average of 16M =.=

I recommend just sticking to your eden boots for now. All the branded shoes can only be worn by transcendant classes. Wait till you are a champ before spending on them. Sprint Shoes with Matyr card is a good option. Gives 2 AGI and 10% Max HP.

As for Accessory, similar to the shoes, all the branded accessories require transcendant classes to use them. My Sura is using 2x Bison Horn with Mantis Cards. Gives 2 AGI 3 STR each. I don't have Megingjard, nor can I afford 2x ROFLs :rofl:

Thanks Noumi for the info !
I didn't think that pantie and undershirt were so cheap xD Now i am just waiting to make another 5M to start searching for the dragon combos :rofl:
For shoes and accessory then, we'll see later !!
Btw i reached lvl 87 and i am now farming at stapos, really nice place /no1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users