Zelanard

Amateur Blogger

• RO Fungineering
  • 208 posts
  • LocationSlagelse, Denmark
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 12 August 2011 - 01:41 PM

iv written some thoughts on a dark acolyte, its a normal charicter job in some facets resembeling the normal acolyte.
its first second class is either necromancer(transended it would be a high necromancer), a job witch thoguh quests can learn some skills to create an undead servant, and some priestlike skills to do some suport.
the second second job is a dark knight(The transended dark knight woul be an einherjer), witch is a knight that use onehanded swords and and shields. he is riding a summoned mount, that resembles sleipnir, and osme other shadow property skills.
first third job would be a dreamweaver. the powerfull necromancer have learned to harness the power of darkness thus summoing demons to do hes bidding.
Secdon third job is a harbinger. this dark knight use a variation of shadow property skills and berserking damage dealing.
I have written a short description on the skills here. i belvie that this would be rahter interesting for anyone playing the game, and i hope that iro developers would take a look at it.

http://dl.dropbox.co...rk Acolyte.docx
http://dl.dropbox.co...ark Acolyte.pdf

Edited by Zelanard, 12 August 2011 - 06:09 PM.

#2 jniedert

jniedert

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • Server:all

Posted 13 August 2011 - 08:20 PM

this looks like a great idea sounds like it would b fun.

#3 antikv

antikv

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1285 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 05:36 AM

basically a duppleganger of a aco instead of a swordie?

#4 kati3

kati3

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 721 posts
  • LocationBehind you
  • Server:Classic

Posted 23 August 2011 - 11:12 AM

Woah thats a lot of skills

#5 Yomihime

Yomihime

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 638 posts
  • LocationWandering aimlessly in Ragnarok universe
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 31 August 2011 - 05:20 AM

Whoa I'm also thinking about the same thing (look at my ava) XD

#6 Zelanard

Zelanard

Amateur Blogger

• RO Fungineering
  • 208 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 07:48 AM

basically a duppleganger of a aco instead of a swordie?

Emm... could you rephrase that? cos it makes no sense at all to me... sorry xD

#7 Zelanard

Zelanard

Amateur Blogger

• RO Fungineering
  • 208 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 07:50 AM

Woah thats a lot of skills

its a lota skill... but to match a normal job a lota skills are needed no?

#8 Mayhem

Mayhem

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 890 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 09:06 AM

I think you should stick witht he lich name for 3-1.

Also I think you should make the names fit the class more, such as Devine Protection should be newly named.

I have always thought it would be fun to see things like this in game. Maybe even have summons or (homunculus) type of calls that are skeleton based. Like a necromancer could do. Would be insane to see them in woe suddenly.

But I think gravity just leans on us being the good guys though.

#9 Zelanard

Zelanard

Amateur Blogger

• RO Fungineering
  • 208 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 05:25 AM

Also I think you should make the names fit the class more, such as Devine Protection should be newly named.

I have always thought it would be fun to see things like this in game. Maybe even have summons or (homunculus) type of calls that are skeleton based. Like a necromancer could do. Would be insane to see them in woe suddenly.

Let me first say that im glad for your reply. It is very uplifting and give me the opetunety to tell a bit about my thoughts behind the class.
Now let me proceed to telling the main feets of odin: the god of majesty, poetry and wisdom etc. but he is also the god who decide who is supossed to die on the battlefield and what side will win a war, and he is also the main god of death. He is also the only uf the Asir who directely use necromancy(ie. when he animate the head of mimer). (an art he learns from Freja, who are not originaly of Asir birth, there are sevleral god linages the primary one being the Asir).
The Dark Aco, is not supossed to be seen as being "evil", but rather as a priest blessed with the gifts of the dark side of the god. they are in other words an order serving the god, but bestowed dark gifts, rather than the gifts of light, as he priests we know. thinking of who odin is discribed to be, and what he is said to have don, it is very fitting hat he would give both light and darkness to those who serve him.
I cannot agree with the name "lich", because a lich is infact an undead creature that have bound its soul to an object (or several), for immortalety. (Voldemort (Herry Potter) may very well be seen as a lich in example). In other words, a lich is an evil and reckless wizard, not a priest bestowed its powers from a god, like the thought behind the Dark Aco.
I hope that makes sense? and that it give some thought to what the class is suposed to be =P (looking forwords for your thoughts on the matter)

#10 Zelanard

Zelanard

Amateur Blogger

• RO Fungineering
  • 208 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 05:09 AM

hmm, youv made me think anyway ^^
reguardin names i got to think of some alternatives:

1. job: Disipel
2.2 job: Apostel
2.2 trans job: High Apostel
3.1 job: Demon Lord

if anyone else have some ideas for names, please feal free to surgest em ^^

#11 Zelanard

Zelanard

Amateur Blogger

• RO Fungineering
  • 208 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 08:23 PM

A friend of mine ingame surgested following:
Gift Of Life: Using a Red gemstone insted of a blue one, and give it the Decreese agi condition.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users