• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 soldiersoul99

soldiersoul99

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 12:33 AM

Hello I'm planning on playing Requiem and I'm looking for some information about some of the class. So far I've looked into the berserker and elementalist. My first choice was berseker because I thought it was going to be an easy class but later when I was reading the guide I changed my mind. Then I try to find some information about elementalist but I couldn't really find anything about them. This is basicly what I have searched so far and from the other class descriptions it would look like I either becoming an elementalist or a berserker, leaning towards elementalist.

Further description about what type of play style i'm going to play. I'm basically lazy and I don't like to be on the support side nor do I like to tank. So playing something complex wouldn't be my best interest. Although I would like to dish out damage physically or magically. As long as I'm not mostly buffing, healing, complex gameplay or tanking I would be fine.

Hope this makes sense -_-

Edited by soldiersoul99, 15 August 2011 - 12:34 AM.

#2 Shottator

Shottator

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 01:27 AM

Think mystick is the best charachter to start. Can tank can dps a lot can heal a lot and in pvp is very strongh.

#3 Dess

Dess

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 946 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 August 2011 - 01:54 AM

2 most easy starters would be:

Shaman--->Mystic
Templar-->Tempest

Both are aoe mages with very good dmg. Mystics are more balanced but lack crowd control skills, Tempests are a bit more squishy but have really nice crowd controll skills. Both classes have some nice healing skills too, altho they can never be considered healers. Both of them are wanted in grind and raid partys.

SoulHunter----->Defiler is also good, they have strong aoes, but theyr core skill, Trap Of Stiffness (a ground AoE stunt) miss a lot till higher lvls (at 72 you can start to trully rely on that skill) and theyr heal is not that good.

#4 Alexito

Alexito

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3611 posts
  • LocationHeaven
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:Euphoria

Posted 15 August 2011 - 02:26 AM

dess the heal is just fine, depemds how u use it, and dna i can get full hp from 6 mobs.. 3 if it crits XD

#5 Hugh

Hugh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 429 posts
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:Valdes

Posted 15 August 2011 - 12:55 PM

If you ever get into raiding later you'll need to buff a lot as ele (give everyone hp buff individually and constantly give casters the dmg buff).
Ranger is a really lazy class to play.

#6 soldiersoul99

soldiersoul99

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 03:31 PM

So far it seems Tempest atracts me more. Is there any links about tempest I've try searching but I found only things like help me build tempest and nothing to really explain about them or the skills.

#7 Dess

Dess

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 946 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 06:04 PM

dess the heal is just fine, depemds how u use it, and dna i can get full hp from 6 mobs.. 3 if it crits XD

Yeah, i can get full HP on a single heal too. The problem since it requires you to hit the mob cos its a drain skill it can fail while mystics and tempests heals wont ever fail. And in my experience vampiric touch loves to fail at the worst possible time

#8 Dess

Dess

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 946 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 06:14 PM

So far it seems Tempest atracts me more. Is there any links about tempest I've try searching but I found only things like help me build tempest and nothing to really explain about them or the skills.

I like the build malu posted here http://kruxena.com/s...6,0,0,0,0,3,0,0 Just keep in mind that build has 2 mele buffs that are not for you, they are for mele classes wich tempest arent. Still they greatly help meles in battlefields and raids.

Maybe i would change some dna, but not much, i think its a good starting point. Also check requiem wiki, even if its a bit outdated it will give you a good description on skills. I normally keep my nukes on lvl 1 on all chars since most dmg actually comes from gears. Also keep in mind youll have lots of extra skill poin ts at the begining, save them, most of them are used in second job skills.

And off topic.... damn i wish i knew how to multiquote :handshake:

Edited by Dess, 15 August 2011 - 06:15 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users