ADMIN! For many of us, how we start typing in a chat window, CRASH'S THE GAME. - Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

ADMIN! For many of us, how we start typing in a chat window, CRASH'S THE GAME.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Hericose

Hericose

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 08:26 PM

For some if they click the typing area on chat window then type, others its if they hit the enter key above shift, others its the enter key on number pad. One of the three makes you crash, dif for dif people. For me IF I HIT ENTER, the one above shift, to start typing... the game will crash, its about a 40% chance it will crash, its very annoying, sometimes happens sometime dosen't.. and its habit to press that enter key from playing many other games, soo... I keep making it crash.. PLEASE FIX IT. It keeps happening, and many have the problem...

Whats the deal with this bug??
Another topic with the same problem. -- reposted in the technical area.
http://forums.warppo...9362#entry59362

#2 Hericose

Hericose

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 04:48 PM

wow... just wow... could at least tell us if there is something in a txt file we could change that would fix it.. in requiem folder.........

#3 Helium

Helium

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 1472 posts
  • LocationGravity Interactive, Buena Park, California
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:Trifri

Posted 01 September 2010 - 03:57 PM

Since we have still not been able to reproduce this particular problem, here is what would be helpful to us for documenting the details in our report to development:

I. The next time the client stops working (crashes), before you start the client up again, first navigate to the system folder of the Requiem directory, then copy the HWI File (.hwi) and the DMP File (.dmp) that will be there from the last time the client stopped working, and then paste the copy into a folder elsewhere to save them.

II. Use the DirectX diagnostic tool (dxdiag.exe) to save all the information a text file of the DirectX diagnostic report (save the dxdiag.txt to the same location as the copy of the HWI and DMP File).

III. Compress the TXT, HWI, and DMP files into a ZIP or RAR archive, so they may be attached to a ticket. Then visit the WarpPortal Support site at this URL:
https://support.warpportal.com/Main/frmNewTicket.aspx

IV. Submit a ticket to Requiem Support Department, make sure the subject is fitting for what you are sending, describe the problem in as much detail as possible, attach the ZIP or RAR archive with the compressed files mentioned above and submit.

#4 Arktur

Arktur

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 September 2010 - 08:28 PM

:p_omg: ..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users