Cash Mounts - Page 3 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 5 votes

Cash Mounts

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#51 magiccircle

magiccircle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 10:24 PM

can you guys make these last for 14 days? I kinda have a problem with the 7 day rental thing. I usually buy the combat knife before Saturday woe and before next Saturday woe it expires. I don't really play this game much outside of woe on certain characters and its a waste for me to have an item that i'll just have to buy again every woe.

#52 Makk

Makk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 407 posts
  • Location@ work. always.
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 16 August 2011 - 10:27 PM

honestly I made it for one of my webcomics, but the page never materialized. Oh well, maybe some day.

#53 Dreimdal

Dreimdal

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 548 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 August 2011 - 10:32 PM

Can't attack while on them? LAME! D:

No, because that would basically be like crapping upon knight/crusader-tree characters who have to spend their hard-earned skill points on mounts for attacking, as well as further erode their niche. In short, it would be BS.

You just need to drag the Halter Lead to a hotkey slot and get used to doing mount/dismount for attacking. Not that difficult I'm sure.

the cash mounts disable attack because it would undermine the default mounts.

Exactly.

In the short-term, I think Gravity should consider upping the Halter Lead persistence time to 30 days and the price to 100-150 KP. Eventually, it might be nice to have a more expensive permanent character-bound option available for no higher than 1000 KP.

Edited by Dreimdal, 16 August 2011 - 10:38 PM.

#54 ucan

ucan

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 10:37 PM

Double click is bull crap. Please make it skill based so it can be hot keyed.

#55 Dukeares

Dukeares

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 11:07 PM

Speed up stuff stacks.

So mounted + Peco Band + Agi up = very fast movement.

the leash item that you use to mount/dismount is character bound. This is to avoid a possible problem with being on the mount but not having the leash, and you are perma stuck in a non-attack state.

Classes that have mounts can still use these, but their real mounts are better because you can use skills and attack while utilizing the skill based mounts.

It seems we may be able to have alternate mounts if we request such, it will take months of development but the possibility is there for other stuff like Archers riding a Desert wolf or something.

Can the Mount be use in Woe? or can Swing Dance effect they speed? it could be Game breaking if the mount be allow to be use in Woe situation.. and more if Swing Dance effect them

We already have a buff like Speed pots ability on party member when swing Dance are cast on charter character with AGI UP on... :D

Edited by Dukeares, 16 August 2011 - 11:26 PM.

#56 Blubba

Blubba

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 193 posts
  • LocationCork, Ireland

Posted 16 August 2011 - 11:18 PM

Speed up stuff stacks.

Speed pot as well?
Possible to use the Mount during WoE and inside a castle?

#57 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 11:33 PM

You can hotkey the Halter Lead, to mount and dismount like it were a skill. So quick use is certainly possible.

Yes WoE can use them. The only quests in-game that actually force you to dismount is some of the job change quests and races.

There will be more options for the mounts in the future both in duration and prices and hopefully options too. But it won't be immediately and really the 50pt thing is inexpensive, but I can see some not want that sort of price.

#58 Blubba

Blubba

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 193 posts
  • LocationCork, Ireland

Posted 16 August 2011 - 11:36 PM

Cool thanks! 50p is nothing, good stuff, thanks!

#59 BradleyRyan

BradleyRyan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 329 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 16 August 2011 - 11:51 PM

It would be great if we have the option to get a permanent mount. I mean 50pt is quite cheap and all for 7days, but I'd rather buy something than rent.

#60 cRoc

cRoc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 05:40 AM

a permanent solution would be nice, but i think it goes AGAINST Gravity's current business model...

edit: and a Company has to generate money in order to subsist...

Edited by cRoc, 17 August 2011 - 05:41 AM.

#61 Gantrithor

Gantrithor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1083 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 05:49 AM

No love for TK master huh?

Taekwon Masters get the awesome poring mount.

#62 Fibrizzo

Fibrizzo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1068 posts
  • LocationA Coruña/Galicia/Spain
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 17 August 2011 - 06:56 AM

Speed up stuff stacks.

the leash item that you use to mount/dismount is character bound. This is to avoid a possible problem with being on the mount but not having the leash, and you are perma stuck in a non-attack state.

Classes that have mounts can still use these, but their real mounts are better because you can use skills and attack while utilizing the skill based mounts.

It seems we may be able to have alternate mounts if we request such, it will take months of development but the possibility is there for other stuff like Archers riding a Desert wolf or something.

Excuse me but Peco Band + Agi Up do not stack.

Edited by Fibrizzo, 17 August 2011 - 06:57 AM.

#63 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 07:17 AM

You can hotkey the Halter Lead, to mount and dismount like it were a skill. So quick use is certainly possible.

Yes WoE can use them. The only quests in-game that actually force you to dismount is some of the job change quests and races.

There will be more options for the mounts in the future both in duration and prices and hopefully options too. But it won't be immediately and really the 50pt thing is inexpensive, but I can see some not want that sort of price.

Actually the Halter lead works funny for me: it can be hotkeyed, but it takes 3~4 hotkey presses to dismount, and one to mount (if I hotkeyed the halter lead while unmounted, if hotkeying the lead while mounted, the number of keypresses is inverse).

Edit: I took a while measuring the number of keypresses it took to mount/dismount, and it looks really random. While in extreme cases it took me up to 22 presses to mount, most of the times it goes from 2~4 keypresses. Mount wasn't very practical as a moving tool while leveling(for me), but it's still fun to have. It would be nice if skills could be used in some form while mounted, though: maybe with increased SP cost or reduced aspd like the peco band...

I don't think making it possible to use skills while mounted would reduce the usefulness of swordy branch at all. Agi up/peco band already lets everyone move fast and use skills...

Edited by Kadnya, 17 August 2011 - 07:26 AM.

#64 Tomoyosama

Tomoyosama

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 07:31 AM

I AM BUGGED FIX THIS NOW :D

I CANNOT LVL ANYTHING DO ANYTHING

#65 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 17 August 2011 - 07:46 AM

Any future plans of an auto dismount? Similar to other games with mounts, when you try to cast a skill it will auto dismount you so you can cast. It's inconvenient having to waste a hotkey slot to dismount and then cast the skill you want.

#66 BradleyRyan

BradleyRyan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 329 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 17 August 2011 - 07:51 AM

a permanent solution would be nice, but i think it goes AGAINST Gravity's current business model...

edit: and a Company has to generate money in order to subsist...

I don't think it would be a problem to keep the 7-day rental along with the option to purchase a permanent mount.
( Not asking for it to be free, although I was really hoping it would be included in the VIP sub :D )

Rentals don't appeal to me because I play ~2-4hrs a day while skipping 2-3 days a week. Maybe if it lasted like a VIP sub, then it's kinda okay.

#67 rikai

rikai

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 07:58 AM

A motorized mount, while really awesome, would be pretty out of place.

.....hi. This class called Mechanic would like to meet you and shake your hand. Posted Image

#68 Justinotaku

Justinotaku

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 08:09 AM

Curious question since I just made one, but can a Baby class use the mounts? I assume yes.

#69 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 17 August 2011 - 10:30 AM

Curious question since I just made one, but can a Baby class use the mounts? I assume yes.

Yes.

#70 MasterKnshn

MasterKnshn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 362 posts
  • Server:Old Loki

Posted 17 August 2011 - 02:09 PM

Maybe this?

[image]

Or better yet a Steam Bike?

[large image]

Makes more sense with them coming from Einbroch.

+10000 for .Hack idea, and honestly it would only make sense they have a steampunkish theme, would also tie in with their future development as well~

#71 Tirasu

Tirasu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 559 posts
  • LocationU.K
  • Server:Chaos- ohwait

Posted 17 August 2011 - 02:26 PM

Seems redundant with Peco Band, to be honest, but hey, as long as it stacks. It also seems like a waste for classes that naturally have mounts anyway.

Lion should have been default for RK, not Bewler.

Fixed 8D

Edited by Tirasu, 17 August 2011 - 02:26 PM.

#72 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts
  • LocationAFK in Ymir pront

Posted 17 August 2011 - 08:56 PM

Speed up stuff stacks.

Ymir: As long as you are dismounted you can storage the un-boxed leash ( account bound NOT character bound ), haven't tested yet if you can storage the leash while mounted, and not sure if the leash item is character or account bound on the other servers.

#73 Braska

Braska

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1353 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 August 2011 - 10:36 PM

They should make the RG/RK Mounts be able to attack. They have mounts to begin with so they're not really affected at all, and with RK, it's either a Mount, or Dragon (basically attack or look kawaii) which kinda sucks cause the lion has a pretty good design.

Edited by Braska, 17 August 2011 - 10:38 PM.

#74 Jing

Jing

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 113 posts
  • LocationEast Prontera

Posted 17 August 2011 - 11:54 PM

can we at least remove the delay for mounting/dismounting. I think it is about close to 3 seconds.

#75 Carp

Carp

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 12:17 AM

Acolyte llama mount is so -_-ing ugly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users