Lucky Virgo Virgo Virgo Box - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 3 votes

Lucky Virgo Virgo Virgo Box

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#26 Trini

Trini

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 614 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 03:47 AM

I didn't get a single Item over class C in my crate.

4 Bloody Branch
1 Buff Scroll Box (Seriously? /swt)
5 Inccubus Tames
250 Valour Badges (Which i don't need since i did BG sooooo much already in the begining)

Usually I get the S Class or A Class item in 1 or 2 boxes so I guess my luck is just balancing out now, but with people complaining like this I feel robbed.
Made 65M off the Branches and tames though so I guess that gives SOME benefit. I'm still very sad though. I like the idea of at least getting Class item voucher and choosing what you want from there.

#27 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 18 August 2011 - 04:25 AM

Bought 10 boxes and got:

Party Buff Scroll Pack x 10

fml

#28 jackmack

jackmack

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 04:31 AM

in 100 boxes...

Mercury Riser x2
Sprout Hat x3
Ancient Horns x2
Black Frame Glasses x2
Virgo Diadem x1
Virgo Crown x31

Prize Medals x1
Summer Hat Box x2
Class Card Album x1
3X BM (5) x5

Um for serious? so many virgo crowns....

#29 Trini

Trini

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 614 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 04:41 AM

Bought 10 boxes and got:

Party Buff Scroll Pack x 10

fml

OMG! Thank you, I feel better now.

#30 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 18 August 2011 - 05:21 AM

Step 1: read.
Step 2: think.
Step 3: write.
Step 4: success.

in this order

If everyone else is getting the same results as me (and I've read a few posts about people getting a lot of Virgos), the Lucky Box is broken at the moment. No QQ here. Just saying.

Follow your own advice and get some data before assuming something is broken. I opened like 40 boxes and got maybe 6-7 virgo, which is pretty much what I expected from the tier on the prize chart. Get over yourself and cry into your pillow not the forum.

#31 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 18 August 2011 - 05:22 AM

in 100 boxes...

Mercury Riser x2
Sprout Hat x3
Ancient Horns x2
Black Frame Glasses x2
Virgo Diadem x1
Virgo Crown x31

Prize Medals x1
Summer Hat Box x2
Class Card Album x1
3X BM (5) x5

Um for serious? so many virgo crowns....

your math seems off. This is 50 boxes not 100. Seems to me you left out all your class D stuff. 31% of total boxes being virgo? That seems about right. Maybe a little over. Its probably a 1 in 4 thing as it is 2 of 3 the C rank items.

I would think like 1/2 items should be D, 1/4 should be C, A little less than 1/4 are B, and the tiny remainder is the A/S class stuff. Seems like you're about on target with around 80% of your boxes being C/D prizes. (technically on target should be 75%, but there is always a margin of error with randomized stuff).

Edited by Jaye, 18 August 2011 - 05:39 AM.

#32 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 August 2011 - 05:38 AM

Follow your own advice and get some data before assuming something is broken. I opened like 40 boxes and got maybe 6-7 virgo, which is pretty much what I expected from the tier on the prize chart. Get over yourself and cry into your pillow not the forum.

I got 10 out of 47 I think? I know there's extreme cases, but I don't see why people have the need to exaggerate on how many they get.

#33 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 18 August 2011 - 05:44 AM

The only person I feel bad for is 'zr0rieu' lol.

#34 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 05:48 AM

Maybe Boxter will have some mercy on him.

#35 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 18 August 2011 - 05:50 AM

I only look at it this way.

More Virgo Crowns = more recycler attempts.

#36 jackmack

jackmack

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 06:44 AM

your math seems off. This is 50 boxes not 100. Seems to me you left out all your class D stuff. 31% of total boxes being virgo? That seems about right. Maybe a little over. Its probably a 1 in 4 thing as it is 2 of 3 the C rank items.

I would think like 1/2 items should be D, 1/4 should be C, A little less than 1/4 are B, and the tiny remainder is the A/S class stuff. Seems like you're about on target with around 80% of your boxes being C/D prizes. (technically on target should be 75%, but there is always a margin of error with randomized stuff).

whoops your right 50 boxes... making virgo crowns 60% of total boxes and zero items left out...

Edited by jackmack, 18 August 2011 - 06:45 AM.

#37 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 07:44 AM

I will never understand how people spend so much in these boxes, I swear some need to control their gambling urges lol. Only got 2 virgo crowns outta 10 boxes btw, also got 2k medals and a benevolent guardian outta a summer box; it's just that random.

Edited by meli, 18 August 2011 - 07:46 AM.

#38 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 18 August 2011 - 08:16 AM

whoops your right 50 boxes... making virgo crowns 60% of total boxes and zero items left out...

You opened 50 boxes and didn't get a single D-class item (buff scroll, mercenary scroll, bloody branches, (etc)? I find that very hard to believe.

#39 Streetfighta

Streetfighta

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 09:32 AM

So a 20-30% chance to get Virgo from these boxes is totally OKAY and intended? When Virgos are 2 out of 15 items? You must be the master of logic. I got 3x more Virgo Crowns than any other item. Read this thread: Other people got even more Virgos. Still think this is good? Go troll somewhere else.

#40 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 18 August 2011 - 09:38 AM

Yes. If being right and having a grasp on statistics makes me a master of logic to you, I think you may need some counseling for your self esteem.

You misunderstand how the system of item distribution works. Its not a % chance to get a virgo. Its a % chance to get rank C. And since Rank C is almost essentially just the virgo crown or diadem, a huge chunk of your items is virgo headgears.

Buyer f'ing beware. Stop crying. Stop pounding your fists and trying to throw a tantrum at me. You didn't understand what you were buying and its your own fault. There is probably going to be an exchanger for the virgo hats and you'll get more chances at different items. Stop blubbering like a spoiled child and ask questions instead of trying to tell people how things are. As you are wrong.

Please don't troll the forum with unrealistic gripes toward a fair and well-understood by the veteran community event. Instead of making assumptions about how it works and complaining when you are justifiably wrong, ask a veteran next time.

Edited by Jaye, 18 August 2011 - 09:40 AM.

#41 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 18 August 2011 - 09:42 AM

Buyer f'ing beware. Stop crying. Stop pounding your fists and trying to throw a tantrum at me. You didn't understand what you were buying and its your own fault. There is probably going to be an exchanger for the virgo hats and you'll get more chances at different items. Stop blubbering like a spoiled child and ask questions instead of trying to tell people how things are. As you are wrong.

Next thing you know, someone's gonna make a thread that they opened 500 boxes and got 400+ crowns. We got one for 300 so far. Any minute now trolls.

#42 Intrigue

Intrigue

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 10:05 AM

It's all part of a lottery and you assume the risks when you buy the lucky boxes. At least make the crowns +7 so I can buy one at a cheap price =o

#43 Streetfighta

Streetfighta

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 10:08 AM

Yes. If being right and having a grasp on statistics makes me a master of logic to you, I think you may need some counseling for your self esteem.

You misunderstand how the system of item distribution works. Its not a % chance to get a virgo. Its a % chance to get rank C. And since Rank C is almost essentially just the virgo crown or diadem, a huge chunk of your items is virgo headgears.

Please don't troll the forum with unrealistic gripes toward a fair and well-understood by the veteran community event. Instead of making assumptions about how it works and complaining when you are justifiably wrong, ask a veteran next time.

It's so nice to make the acquaintance of a friendly and totally not self-absorbed veteran player like you :waddle:

#44 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 18 August 2011 - 10:11 AM

Can't say it feels the same meeting a spoiled and self-absorbed person who has no interest in freeing themself of their own ignorance, and wants to be lied to to protect his immature feelings instead of being told the truth like an adult.

Its not like I expect otherwise from these forums, but I am not your mother, so don't expect me to coddle you with undeserved kind words when you're being a brat.

#45 Yoozie

Yoozie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 11:10 AM

lmao got 17 more boxes got mostly virgo/buff scroll/sprout hat/ancient horns. NO glasses, NO medals, NO riser, NO summer hat box from 33 boxes... wow

#46 Beyond

Beyond

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts
  • LocationThe Cloud
  • Server:Loki -> Ymir -> Chaos

Posted 18 August 2011 - 11:39 AM

the rates are perfectly fine. I think a better way to deal with the virgo issue is just to add more items to the C rank class. Since we know you have the best chance at C, maybe having 5 items will lower the virgo rate enough not to be so bad

#47 Tigra

Tigra

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1656 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 12:44 PM

I just wish the stupid headgears were vendable.

#48 Beyond

Beyond

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts
  • LocationThe Cloud

Posted 18 August 2011 - 12:54 PM

I just wish the stupid headgears were vendable.

I think having the boxster come in next week will be A LOT more valuable to players versus just having them out right vendable to people. Think about it.

If there are a total 10,000 of a single helm in everyones storage. Having them come out would kill the value of that item. what would be the point of vending it when the price dropped to 5k. Have the boxster remove the excess and then make them vendable only after that

#49 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 01:00 PM

I think having the boxster come in next week will be A LOT more valuable to players versus just having them out right vendable to people. Think about it.

If there are a total 10,000 of a single helm in everyones storage. Having them come out would kill the value of that item. what would be the point of vending it when the price dropped to 5k. Have the boxster remove the excess and then make them vendable only after that

Some people want Zeny more than they want more boxes. Having the items vendable during a boxster trade in would really be best for keeping the value of the items high... Which in turn encourages more sales.

#50 Beyond

Beyond

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts
  • LocationThe Cloud

Posted 18 August 2011 - 01:11 PM

I agree(I am greedy fellow and love zeny) but I can also be impatient.

I would rather vend a virgo for like maybe a mil and have it sell rather than for under a 100k. Bringing them in at the same would also work as people who would like to box 20 virgo helm and vend like two can do so

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users