9 replies to this topic

#1 itsdi2u

itsdi2u

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed Muwahahahahaaaa

Posted 25 August 2010 - 05:31 AM

I was looking on the forums and found that there was a bug fixed with the red flanae back in 11/2009, but it seems to have returned. I was killing red flanae yesterday for more than 3 hours and didn't a single petal.

#2 PickUp

PickUp

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1774 posts
  • LocationNowhereland
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Forums

Posted 25 August 2010 - 07:26 AM

The trouble here is that there are two separate Red Flanae mobs in game.The two kinds got different mob icon. Whatever the icon was on the Red Flanaes you were hunting find the Red Flanaes with the different icon and they will (should) drop it.

This has been reported some times, but they are lazy to fix it.

#3 Niluje

Niluje

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 746 posts
  • LocationFrance
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 25 August 2010 - 12:10 PM

Yeah, they could just change the name of the flanae that doesn't give the proof into "elder red flanae" or something and be done with it lol

#4 PeppermintDream

PeppermintDream

Purveyor of Positivity

• ROSE Moderators
  • 615 posts
  • LocationMy own little world

Posted 26 August 2010 - 03:55 PM

The trouble here is that there are two separate Red Flanae mobs in game.The two kinds got different mob icon. Whatever the icon was on the Red Flanaes you were hunting find the Red Flanaes with the different icon and they will (should) drop it.

This has been reported some times, but they are lazy to fix it.

Yes, you helped me solve the problem--it's the Ref Flanae with the "ranged" mob icon that give the quest proofs. They're located west of the others, just east of the double bridges.

#5 itsdi2u

itsdi2u

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed Muwahahahahaaaa

Posted 26 August 2010 - 04:03 PM

Thanks so much for all the help. It's terrible I have to put my glasses on to see what icon they have ::lol::

#6 Niluje

Niluje

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 746 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 27 August 2010 - 07:59 AM

Yes, you helped me solve the problem--it's the Ref Flanae with the "ranged" mob icon that give the quest proofs. They're located west of the others, just east of the double bridges.

Er... why did you move this thread to this section? The fact that the other red flanae doesn't give the proof is still a bug/problem, not a game feature lol

#7 PeppermintDream

PeppermintDream

Purveyor of Positivity

• ROSE Moderators
  • 615 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 11:39 AM

Er... why did you move this thread to this section? The fact that the other red flanae doesn't give the proof is still a bug/problem, not a game feature lol

Well, I guess we disagree on that--the ranged ones (which are slightly lower level and turn blue before the others), are the ones meant to be hunted for this quest. I don't consider that a "bug" but rather something that should be more clear in the quest dialogue from the NPC.

#8 Niluje

Niluje

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 746 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 27 August 2010 - 12:42 PM

It is indeed a bug, it used to exist for the cart quest where there are 2 identical clown fighters with different lvls, and they fixed this quest so that both clown fighters burry the scrolls

#9 PeppermintDream

PeppermintDream

Purveyor of Positivity

• ROSE Moderators
  • 615 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 06:11 PM

I'm not going to engage in a pointless argument as to whether or not it's a "bug"; the Dev Team can make that decision. I felt it should be moved to "Game Discussions" as I do not see it as a "bug" but rather an issue with the NPC quest dialogue not being precise. If the Devs decide it's a "bug", so be it. It's nothing worth getting your panties all in a bunch.

You never questioned it when I moved it from the bugs section to the quest discussion section in May on the old forums:
http://forums.roseon...posts=6&start=1

Why question my moderating decisions now? Were you not aware that I am the ROSE Moderator previously known as RXWoman?

Edited by PeppermintDream, 28 August 2010 - 12:26 AM.

#10 Niluje

Niluje

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 746 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 28 August 2010 - 08:41 AM

I'm not going to engage in a pointless argument as to whether or not it's a "bug"; the Dev Team can make that decision. I felt it should be moved to "Game Discussions" as I do not see it as a "bug" but rather an issue with the NPC quest dialogue not being precise. If the Devs decide it's a "bug", so be it. It's nothing worth getting your panties all in a bunch.

You said it yourself, there is an issue (even if we don't agree where the issue is, but this is not really important)
So IMHO it should remain in the bug/issue section

Besides I doubt the devs read the game discussion section, so how could they decide anything if they don't read the post D:

You never questioned it when I moved it from the bugs section to the quest discussion section in May on the old forums:
http://forums.roseon...posts=6&start=1

Why question my moderating decisions now? Were you not aware that I am the ROSE Moderator previously known as RXWoman?

Well maybe because I do not read all the threads and all the sections and all the posts everywhere? :blink:

And also because on the new forums, unlike on the old forums, there is a link in the bug section saying you moved the topic here

Edit:
http://forums.roseon...=106634&posts=4
Seems we already talked about this problem several times and even after telling the cause of the problem they still haven't fixed the monster or the NPC dialogue zZzZz

Edited by Niluje, 28 August 2010 - 08:50 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users