How to get whispers back in the chat box - Game Discussions (archived) - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

How to get whispers back in the chat box

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Deeper

Deeper

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 18 August 2011 - 07:48 PM

When I'm training and I get a whisper, it appears inside a 1:1 translucent chat box. It's very annoying because I have my keyboard manually set to battlemode since that function appears to have been removed. It still appears in the list of commands though...

Because I'm using battlemode, I can't use any keys other than the F# keys because it'll just show up in the chatbox. The cursor in that chatbox stays there no matter where I L/R click. I can't even go back to my general chatbox unless I close the 1:1 chat box. When I send whispers, it just creates that annoying chatbox. I've died many times from being unable to use skills from receiving a message.

I'd like to know if there's a way to get whispers to appear in the general chat box, as they should.

ALSO

Whenever I'm vending, I receive whispers in my general chat instead of a chat box. I find this GREATLY detrimental. Since the whispers just get scrolled off so I won't even know I received a message when I'm afk. When you're vending, whispers should appear in a chat box and when you're training, it should appear in general chat. I hate how whispers function exactly the opposite of how they should be! *pout*

#2 Mutoh

Mutoh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 06:53 AM

There is a way, open your "Friend Setup Window" and change its configuration. To do so, you must assign it a shortcut: "ESC-> Shortcut config-> Interface".

For the vending thing... i think your friend setup is configured to open a chat box only with friends(thats why with your merch you recive them in the general chat box).

Edited by Mutoh, 19 August 2011 - 07:05 AM.

#3 Deeper

Deeper

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 19 August 2011 - 08:16 PM

Thank you very much!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users