12 replies to this topic

#1 poopiehead

poopiehead

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 944 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 11:58 AM

for pvp.

im leaning towards self buffs even though they're weaker. i just dont want to carry 50 of each type of pots around and use them every few minutes...

i guess if there isnt enough sp, i can always resort to IM buffs, but yah...wut do you guys suggest?

i tried using pots, but it got really annoying using so many buff pots even though they're super cheap.

#2 Logi

Logi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1060 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 26 August 2010 - 01:24 AM

for pvp.

im leaning towards self buffs even though they're weaker. i just dont want to carry 50 of each type of pots around and use them every few minutes...

i guess if there isnt enough sp, i can always resort to IM buffs, but yah...wut do you guys suggest?

i tried using pots, but it got really annoying using so many buff pots even though they're super cheap.

You can only get mspd, def and acc buffs in Item Mall form as a mage, wallop charm will stay as it is, so you will have to spend points on that. You can not get the other item mall buffs as they require you to max buffs in the cleric tree first.... which is ofcourse impossible. For a maxed mage 215 you can easily get ( for example) the fire side of the skill tree and all the supportive tree buffs. It does make farming alot easier and unless you want to pvp, you dont really need any Ice skills. As a mage you only need ap, acc and spirit boost to farm, def and blessed mind just help you survive more easily but are not mandatory for such a build.

In pvp its also easie to get them but you WILL be missing out on somehing, get the Ice side and selfbuffs and try it. Waiting for a clerici nuw can take ages so >.< I suggest doing ice though as its more pvp sided then Fire if that is what you wish. It would be a great mage to pvp and farm though never as good as one that has fire a nd ice. Meteorite Flow is still a very nice skill !

Edited by Logi, 26 August 2010 - 01:26 AM.

#3 poopiehead

poopiehead

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 944 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 11:28 AM

You can only get mspd, def and acc buffs in Item Mall form as a mage, wallop charm will stay as it is, so you will have to spend points on that. You can not get the other item mall buffs as they require you to max buffs in the cleric tree first.... which is ofcourse impossible. For a maxed mage 215 you can easily get ( for example) the fire side of the skill tree and all the supportive tree buffs. It does make farming alot easier and unless you want to pvp, you dont really need any Ice skills. As a mage you only need ap, acc and spirit boost to farm, def and blessed mind just help you survive more easily but are not mandatory for such a build.

In pvp its also easie to get them but you WILL be missing out on somehing, get the Ice side and selfbuffs and try it. Waiting for a clerici nuw can take ages so >.< I suggest doing ice though as its more pvp sided then Fire if that is what you wish. It would be a great mage to pvp and farm though never as good as one that has fire a nd ice. Meteorite Flow is still a very nice skill !

yes i know, i have all the off skills maxed and ive been using buff pots as buffs, but they're getting annoying to carry like 50 of each (theres like 8 diff kinds). ...

i know the IM buffs for cleric is impossible to get, i just dont wanna use a mspeed buff pot to walk from 1 side of junon to another side. i guess i dont need the buff to walk across i suppose, but i like being fast X_X

#4 Logi

Logi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1060 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 12:19 PM

yes i know, i have all the off skills maxed and ive been using buff pots as buffs, but they're getting annoying to carry like 50 of each (theres like 8 diff kinds). ...

i know the IM buffs for cleric is impossible to get, i just dont wanna use a mspeed buff pot to walk from 1 side of junon to another side. i guess i dont need the buff to walk across i suppose, but i like being fast X_X

xD thats soo true, walking slow is annoying. You need wand mastery lvl 9 for maxing mspd buff at lvl 5, so thats 14 sp. 14 sp well spent, for also being able to use it in towns/pvp etc. You dont have to ask the cleric, mspd again pls, every time you go through the buffcycle. Ap may be more important as magebut when getting buffed you have that gear equipped anyway. I think for pvp purpose you would be better of with ap buffspots, as wallop charm doesnt do alot.

#5 Neenja

Neenja

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 01:07 PM

so the mage buff skills from the IM are all passive right?

Staff Iron Blessing - 5% AP
Marksmen Blessing - 10% Accuracy

To name a few.. are these worth getting? Passive means, once I purchase and equip the spell, it sits without needing to be clicked to use right? I tried looking for IM buffs and the only ones I see are for Cleric class. Which ones are you talking about that Mages can use?

#6 poopiehead

poopiehead

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 944 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 01:31 PM

xD thats soo true, walking slow is annoying. You need wand mastery lvl 9 for maxing mspd buff at lvl 5, so thats 14 sp. 14 sp well spent, for also being able to use it in towns/pvp etc. You dont have to ask the cleric, mspd again pls, every time you go through the buffcycle. Ap may be more important as magebut when getting buffed you have that gear equipped anyway. I think for pvp purpose you would be better of with ap buffspots, as wallop charm doesnt do alot.

yah, for srs pvp i'll prlly use buff pots, but for random pvps with friends, i feel like its a waste of money to use pots. even tho they're so cheap its practically free -.-. its just annoying carrying so many..iuno >_>

@ neenja,

yes those are passives, and imo pretty good to get if ur srs about pvping and stuff, but its not IMPORTANT. it wont make or break ur character.

the only IM buffs mages can use are the muse ones:

mspeed/acc/def/ap/hp&mp

AP one is completely trash so dont bother. as for the others, buff pots are better by ~5%.
ex: muse hp buff adds 20% hp whereas the buff pots add 25%. it just depends on how much u value your $ vs. the benefits they give :]

Edited by poopiehead, 26 August 2010 - 01:35 PM.

#7 Neenja

Neenja

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 02:51 PM

which IM passive skills would you say is worth getting for a battle mage?

#8 poopiehead

poopiehead

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 944 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 02:54 PM

which IM passive skills would you say is worth getting for a battle mage?

do u mean battle cleric?

cuz all mages are offensive o.o

#9 Neenja

Neenja

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 03:03 PM

sorry, just pure AP mage i mean. =]

#10 poopiehead

poopiehead

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 944 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 03:06 PM

sorry, just pure AP mage i mean. =]

the 5% is nice, but it only adds about 30AP before buff. which is kinda minimal for 400IM pts lol..

they dont rly need any im buffs :lol:

#11 Prodigy

Prodigy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1340 posts
  • LocationTX
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 27 August 2010 - 12:18 AM

I guess it's a good thing when I first started Rose, I decided to create an alt account and level a cleric at the same time as my main mage. Now, I don't have to worry about buffs :lol:

xD thats soo true, walking slow is annoying. You need wand mastery lvl 9 for maxing mspd buff at lvl 5, so thats 14 sp. 14 sp well spent, for also being able to use it in towns/pvp etc.

My cleric already has lvl 18 wand mastery so I can't check in-game but according to this http://rose.kuro-tej...j=2&sb1=1&sb2=3, don't even need wand mastery for any of the support tree buffs.

#12 Logi

Logi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1060 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 03:03 AM

I guess it's a good thing when I first started Rose, I decided to create an alt account and level a cleric at the same time as my main mage. Now, I don't have to worry about buffs :lol:

My cleric already has lvl 18 wand mastery so I can't check in-game but according to this http://rose.kuro-tej...j=2&sb1=1&sb2=3, don't even need wand mastery for any of the support tree buffs.

lol you know, your absolutely right about that, it used to be that way but no longer, I do wonder when this happened, maybe somewere around t hem changing all the passives. I got so used to thinking that way xD, I didnt give it a second though. well this means more sp, and just 5sp to max mspd..... thats got tot be worth it

#13 poopiehead

poopiehead

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 944 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 04:17 PM

I guess it's a good thing when I first started Rose, I decided to create an alt account and level a cleric at the same time as my main mage. Now, I don't have to worry about buffs :)

i have a 210 cleric, but i'm just sick of bringing my cleric to ruins everytime i wanna go farm lol :\

ic mages soloing in ruins all the time, but duno how they do it o_o

does anyone know? teach me plox :lol:

all my stuff are (10) right now.

Edited by poopiehead, 27 August 2010 - 04:17 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users