• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 poopiehead

poopiehead

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 944 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 03:44 PM

does it add to base, after passive, or after buff ap?

for example:

base ap: 100
ap passive: +100%
total display ap: 200
ap buff: 50%
total ap display after buff: 250.

how does a d7 affect this? (im only asking about the % part of D7, not the 20 ap, so dont count that in to make the calc super simple)

ty!

#2 LikeaFox

LikeaFox

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 07:47 PM

If I'm not mistaken, I believe the D7 adds the 20 points to the total attack power that is displayed on your character stats, then adds 5% of that total to get the final total. So, for example,

AP: 1000
D7: 20/5%

+ 20

x 5%

+ 51

And if a cleric casts a level 5 Clobber Charm on you (+20/+25%, according to http://rose.kuro-tej...m/index.php?m=1), then

+ 20

x 25%
272.75 or 273

+ 273

#3 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 August 2010 - 08:00 PM

^^ Thats how it should work but in actuality the the total ap would be slightly lower. I don't know why but most gems aren't giving the accurate percents.

Edited by Phish, 25 August 2010 - 08:08 PM.

#4 poopiehead

poopiehead

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 944 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 09:06 PM

^^ Thats how it should work but in actuality the the total ap would be slightly lower. I don't know why but most gems aren't giving the accurate percents.

yah i just got a d7 and it barely adds 30 more ap (after passives/buffs) compare to a lava with 30ap LOL

totally not worth 100+ mil Lol vs the 20m the 30ap lava adds -.-

so a gem's % is suppose to add to the displayed #? or add to ur base # (which is A LOT lower than the displayed)

a D7 only adds 100ap...so sad

Edited by poopiehead, 25 August 2010 - 09:09 PM.

#5 PeppermintDream

PeppermintDream

Purveyor of Positivity

• ROSE Moderators
  • 615 posts
  • LocationMy own little world
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 25 August 2010 - 09:12 PM

I'm finding that any item with a good AP sub-stat is a huge help, so I'm on a mission to de-gem loads of old armors from my storage--it's like opening a present!! It's also a huge job and will keep me busy for days and days Posted Image !!

#6 poopiehead

poopiehead

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 944 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 09:19 PM

I'm finding that any item with a good AP sub-stat is a huge help, so I'm on a mission to de-gem loads of old armors from my storage--it's like opening a present!! It's also a huge job and will keep me busy for days and days Posted Image !!

yah, it might not be as much as a grade 7 gem, but its definitely a lot cheaper xD

but i hear that u dont gain the old stats back after u de-gem o.O

#7 PeppermintDream

PeppermintDream

Purveyor of Positivity

• ROSE Moderators
  • 615 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 09:24 PM

yah, it might not be as much as a grade 7 gem, but its definitely a lot cheaper xD

but i hear that u dont gain the old stats back after u de-gem o.O

I have de-gemmed several items, and they've all had the old sub-stats back. Maybe it works with some and not with others ... ? *shrugs*

#8 floptop

floptop

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 561 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam
  • Server:Leo

Posted 26 August 2010 - 12:26 AM

I have de-gemmed several items, and they've all had the old sub-stats back. Maybe it works with some and not with others ... ? *shrugs*

If you gem something the substats disappear, and as far as I know you dont get the substats back :lol:

#9 PeppermintDream

PeppermintDream

Purveyor of Positivity

• ROSE Moderators
  • 615 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 02:05 PM

If you gem something the substats disappear, and as far as I know you dont get the substats back :lol:

Well, I de-gemmed IM armor, and the sub-stats were there when the gem was removed. I did use a perfect separation drill from IM because it had an enchanted stone in it and I wanted to use it in something else, so maybe there's a difference in using the in-game separation drill and the one from the IM. I really don't know.

#10 Wirts

Wirts

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 241 posts
  • LocationUS East

Posted 27 August 2010 - 08:16 AM

I thought the item mall stones/gems would not disappear regardless of what type of drill you used?

i haven't tried it yet - but that is what I thought the concensus was. I bought a crackshot ring with a sagi stone in it a while back from someone for like 2mil... I was going to seperate it one day.

#11 PeppermintDream

PeppermintDream

Purveyor of Positivity

• ROSE Moderators
  • 615 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 11:42 AM

I thought the item mall stones/gems would not disappear regardless of what type of drill you used?

i haven't tried it yet - but that is what I thought the concensus was. I bought a crackshot ring with a sagi stone in it a while back from someone for like 2mil... I was going to seperate it one day.

The in-game separation drills destroy the gem, and it clearly states that on the description of the item. The Item Mall Perfect Separation Drill reduces the grade of the gem by one, with the exception of its use on Enchanted Stones and grade one gems, to which it does nothing.

#12 iMSoMeXiCaN

iMSoMeXiCaN

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Location(714) So-cal!

Posted 27 August 2010 - 05:00 PM

oh wow, looks like they did get nerfed.. for worse :\

#13 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 August 2010 - 05:15 PM

oh wow, looks like they did get nerfed.. for worse :\

Only for lower levels. Most gems are better at higher levels than they once werem however the base stat gems ruby/garnet etc. are not so useful anymore compared to the raw stat gems like diamond, pink opal jade etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users