• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Danicks

Danicks

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 09:10 AM

Hi, I'm new in this game and I'm not sure what class take, I always loved mages, but now I want to change, best levelling? Not AoE, I would like to be merchant, is it OK?¿

#2 Noumi

Noumi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 09:38 AM

Best leveling? lol merchant classes are like the worst leveling. Archer classes are still the fastest I guess. Its however always good to get a low level merchant in the same account to OC and DC stuff for your main.

Edited by Noumi, 23 August 2011 - 09:39 AM.

#3 Psychogenik

Psychogenik

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 718 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 23 August 2011 - 03:23 PM

Start as a Agi Build Thief or Swordsman first.

#4 Aralyne

Aralyne

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • LocationScotland
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 23 August 2011 - 04:06 PM

Archer class isn't bad, but you have to remember they go through a lot of arrows when they level :mwahaha: I don't think archer would be a good class for someone starting out from scratch who doesn't have zeny. Sure, arrows don't cost that much (they kind of do if you're on a budget though), but you still have to travel around to buy the arrows since not all tool shops stock them I believe? Don't quote me on that, I main a gypsy but I craft my own arrows and haven't bought from the NPCs in a while.

I second Psychogenik's suggestion of starting out with an agi character first, maybe a thief since they're low maintenance and with improve dodge skill won't require as much pots to level as other classes might :3

#5 wingeduser

wingeduser

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Freya

Posted 23 August 2011 - 05:27 PM

Not AoE, I would like to be merchant, is it OK?¿

Being a merchant is great! As I've seen on a video somewhere, their transcended job (Whitesmith/Mastersmith) is the best dps-er in game (or so it says). They have the Mammonite skill which uses zeny to attack. That means you need to have LOTS of zeny. You can do this by looting everything you see on the ground and selling them to NPCs. If you ever need to sell to players, just make another merchant and vend from there. You get to know the economy of your server too.

Merchants require a lot of patience to level but it can be the most exhilarating experience once you get the hang of it. Some classes might be easier to level than this, but if you really want a merchant, then go for it. I opted to be a Merchant but finally wanted a Thief->Rogue and now, I'm having fun with it. You should always play the class and build that you want. In the end, you'll feel very accomplished.

Edited by wingeduser, 23 August 2011 - 05:29 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users