Well.. its been fun RO , but where is the GX love? - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

Well.. its been fun RO , but where is the GX love?

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#26 Pooru

Pooru

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 387 posts
  • Locationsouthern california
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 01 September 2011 - 03:45 PM

Nothing wrong with leveling a gx. It's just not super op like I was pre-renewal. I just 150d my gx grinding my ass off and doing the turn ins solo or with a small party (usually with no healers) and using zero bottles of EDP. This includes dragons, scarab hole, bio2 and ash vacuum. Only skills used were rolling cutter+meteor assault+cross ripper slash, ctrl-click crits+weapon block/counter slash and backslide. Playing a Sinx prerenewal required some skill to be good, almost no skill to be ok. Playing gx right now actually requires some level of skill to be effective.

The only thing gxs lack are the super op skills some other classes have, but I think they're quite balanced as it is. Don't be a quitter and just learn to be effective with what you have. It's like saying you don't want a gf cause you dont have a big black d....

while this holds true they do lack variations in MVPing compared to the other class counterparts it'd be nice if gx's had leech end re-enabled on mvps but on a more watered down scale

#27 eyesight

eyesight

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 03:28 AM

if you only have GX as a main you should be agree with this

Pvp:
99 assassin hit 150 sura
Sura: wow ur 500 damage edp is hurt lawls.
99 champion fist 150 gx
champion: what a noob gx
(assuming you are not ready) don't talk about hide g fist just compare the damage

Mvp:
genetic: acid bomb.. die MVP
Sura: g fist.. die MVP
Gx: hit2 im dead coz i can't wear shield and attacking
Ghost mvps coming:
Sura+Genetic: okay for u gx
Gx: okay ill solo that beelzebub with my throw poison bottle implemented next 10 years

#28 eyesight

eyesight

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 03:36 AM

Nothing wrong with leveling a gx. It's just not super op like I was pre-renewal. I just 150d my gx grinding my ass off and doing the turn ins solo or with a small party (usually with no healers) and using zero bottles of EDP. This includes dragons, scarab hole, bio2 and ash vacuum. Only skills used were rolling cutter+meteor assault+cross ripper slash, ctrl-click crits+weapon block/counter slash and backslide. Playing a Sinx prerenewal required some skill to be good, almost no skill to be ok. Playing gx right now actually requires some level of skill to be effective.

The only thing gxs lack are the super op skills some other classes have, but I think they're quite balanced as it is. Don't be a quitter and just learn to be effective with what you have. It's like saying you don't want a gf cause you dont have a big black d....

yeah there's something wrong with the leveling gx
assuming im a party leader of 150 bio turn in
sura+genetic+rk+warlock+rgs+stringer: can i get party?
me: sure
Gx:can i get party?
me: go solo that :D with ur OP edp and unlimited ales
Gx: i can pull for ur party
me: we have rk and sura to pull and kill.

#29 Chipotle

Chipotle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1146 posts
  • LocationProntera back alley
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 02 September 2011 - 12:32 PM

I really dont understand why ppl are always crying about GX class and how hard it. If u dont like the challenge change ur class...srsly

Granted u cant do 300k dmg (lke gen or suras) but u have ur uses. I solo Bee once every week or two. So please dont underestimate killing power.

As far as lvlin goes...Thief class has always been a loner....Get with the program.

The only difference imo is that GX are forced to spend a few hundred kafra points(kvm weapons is very useful). If that is not ur cup of tea..Make another class.I Initially hated GX when renewal came out first, but I cant be parted from it now.

For all the GXs out there that feel ur char isnt good enough, struggle through to 150. It will be worth it.

#30 eyesight

eyesight

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 10:50 PM

I really dont understand why ppl are always crying about GX class and how hard it. If u dont like the challenge change ur class...srsly

Granted u cant do 300k dmg (lke gen or suras) but u have ur uses. I solo Bee once every week or two. So please dont underestimate killing power.

As far as lvlin goes...Thief class has always been a loner....Get with the program.

The only difference imo is that GX are forced to spend a few hundred kafra points(kvm weapons is very useful). If that is not ur cup of tea..Make another class.I Initially hated GX when renewal came out first, but I cant be parted from it now.

For all the GXs out there that feel ur char isnt good enough, struggle through to 150. It will be worth it.

"I solo Bee once every week or two. So please dont underestimate killing power"... u think i can't solo beelzebub?... try to use moderate gear(not b stuff like brynhild etc) and normal amount of ales(or maybe no ales if you are that strong) and show me if you can kill ... im not complaining for rich gx... im complaining for gx who don't have few thousand $$ to gear his gx.. if thief class is a loner give a power to do it alone(not ur money).
im not complaining for myself but for gx who can't afford to spent lots of money.. not all gx is spending time to refine stuffs like you they also want to do something else.

#31 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 11:24 PM

yeah there's something wrong with the leveling gx
assuming im a party leader of 150 bio turn in
sura+genetic+rk+warlock+rgs+stringer: can i get party?
me: sure
Gx:can i get party?
me: go solo that :thumb: with ur OP edp and unlimited ales
Gx: i can pull for ur party
me: we have rk and sura to pull and kill

Sounds like a -_-ty party lead like most of the half assed kids out there. Granted there are even more really bad gxs out there so I can understand why most parties don't bother with partying gxs. It wouldn't be that way if most of the players actually were decent on the class but its all the people that QQ about the RO gods not giving them a big black ding dong that makes people think gxs suck.

Tbh though, even though I welcome gxs in my party I make them work and if they don't, they get the kick. Especially so if they cry about adding more people and abs(granted I kick everyone for wanting easy mode).

#32 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 11:29 PM

+1

Thanks for keeping it real unlike some other quitters out there

#33 Chipotle

Chipotle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1146 posts
  • LocationProntera back alley
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 03 September 2011 - 04:46 AM

im not complaining for myself but for gx who can't afford to spent lots of money.. not all gx is spending time to refine stuffs like you they also want to do something else.

If u dont like the challenge change ur class...srsly

Or quit kthxbye.

#34 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 30 September 2011 - 07:28 PM

WHERE IS SPRITE CHABGE FOR GX PLS CHANGE SPRITE LIKE U DID RK HEED MY CALL GM HEED MY CAL HEIM PLS :waddle:

#35 Daize

Daize

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 213 posts
  • Server:classic

Posted 30 September 2011 - 07:34 PM

WHERE IS SPRITE CHABGE FOR GX PLS CHANGE SPRITE LIKE U DID RK HEED MY CALL GM HEED MY CAL HEIM PLS :D

:waddle:

#36 AimeeZ

AimeeZ

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 11:22 PM

i don't like having gx's in my ti parties. they can't kill well unless they're super well geared but as said they don't have great aoe stuff anyways. most can't mob well. most won't give up gw for the party. they just stand around doing nothing. and cause they're doing nothing (not casting skills, not mobbing, not fs'ing, etc), they're the first ones to loot a valuable card or drop. and they're the worthless useless ones in party. wtf?! last ti party i did, a bradium ring dropped and the gx doing absolutely nothing looted it. i didn't even see it drop but the warlock i was partying with did. yup- gx looted it. yup- gx did nothing all party but stand by the mob that the tanker was tanking so that he'd be the first to loot and poor tanker was fiberlocked and warlock was skill delayed bugged whatever.

ps- this doesn't apply to all gx's. i partied some i really liked. but for the most part, i don't like them cause they don't contribute anything including gw. if i were playing a class that couldn't do :waddle: for the party, i'd at least offer gw to make up for it.

Edited by AimeeZ, 30 September 2011 - 11:28 PM.

#37 sv003

sv003

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1061 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 30 September 2011 - 11:41 PM

I dunno but GXs (some) are doing 3-6k A hit EDP'd with me wearing full reducs, dunno what that is on monsters... :/

#38 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 30 September 2011 - 11:53 PM

yea just like some classess some people suck on them not just gx then again ive seen awsome players as well so it evens out back to main topic

new sprite pls make it resemble a bit of sinx with some flava in it yarggggg hhhhhh :waddle:

#39 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 04:38 PM

I think GX is a good class, if the player is good. And for TIs... Depends of the map. I don't care about a GX leeching [also leechs on wanderer, pretending support with Gypsy's Kiss + Song of Mana], but I prefer if they can contribute with something.

My bestie in the game is a GX, and it is pretty fun to play with her [I outdamage her unless she uses EDP~~~~ /gg]

On turnin parties, a GX class happen to be a little useless, because quantity is a priority towards quality of killing. Unless the map is sufficiently mobbed to make a GX work as a puller, they happen to do few things, because of the lack of party skills.

#40 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 01 October 2011 - 07:27 PM

We see eye to eye just add that we should just change the sprite thats all i ask
pls

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users